Prediction Finals

What’s a pass mark from here

• Just qualifying ticks the box

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Gotta win at least one

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • Prelim or it’s a premature exit

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • You’ve got to lose one to win one, so getting to big dance is the first big step

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • My membership and the microwave will meet again if Mundy doesn’t finish a premiership player

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our form is known, and at least one home final is locked in.

What are your expectations for September?

For mine, I want to see us win a final just so the lads know they can, but with the progress this year, as long as we don’t get wiped off the park, making finals is a pass mark.

Discuss.

Last edited:

It depends where we finish and who we play. If we finish 5th and play Western Bulldogs or Carlton, and maybe Richmond then sure, I expect us to win that.
If we finish 4th and play Geelong - I think in their current form they would beat us, then say we play Melbourne at home the next week, we could easily go out in straight sets based on current form - we would need to turn it around pretty quickly in our forward half.

Before the start of the season, I thought we might just scrape into the 8. Finishing 4-6 is a little above what I expected.
That being said, our best is very good and we could win a couple of finals if at our best. Conversely, our poor is pretty poor.
I am just going to sit back and enjoy the ride and take whatever happens into bigger expectations next year.

With a relatively toothless forward line and seemingly doing FA to improve it, my expectations are relatively low. We might compete well against other unbalanced sides like the Dees, Lions or Dogs, but I think against sides with both good defence and offence we will eventually crumble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't played finals in so long I've forgotten how to emotionally recover from a loss, and I'm not too keen on remembering. Flag or Bust.
2015 PF remember sitting on the train on the way home with my head down staring at the floor realising that it was over.

It's great to finally have hope again.

I think we finish 5th now which will most likely means we play the Dogs.

As Carlton winning will mean we come 4th so if Carlton play finals we will avoid them anyway week 1.

I think a similar result to 2010 where we win a Home EF with a young group would be a icing on the cake to growth this season.

That would leave us with probably Collingwood week 2 at the MCG. We could pinch that but as long as we don't embarres ourselves I think I would be content.

If the Saints smite the Swans we're good too.

If not, imagine the irony if Mundy gets his 6 from 6 and we go down in the GF.

It would be legendary to win it from outside the 4. A historically remarkable, come from behind finals campaign would be so apt for us as a club that is would the sweetest of redemptions.

We need two of the teams between 2 and 5 to lose.

Melbourne and Brisbane are playing each other so there’s one.

Carlton could beat Collingwood imo. St Kilda won’t beat Sydney.

Most likely scenario if we win on Saturday is 5th but you never know.

We will play Geelong away with another chance if we finish in the four or Carlton or Bulldogs in a home knock out for a 5th finish.
Win against Geelong its happy days but lose it will be against the winner of 6th and 7th Collingwood or Richmond. At home but tough.

Other results doesn't matter we just need to win against GWS.so that we can avoid Richmond in elemination final.. if tigers are the opponent our chances of winning atleast 1 final will be close to zero

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Close to zero against Richmond? Have you heard of a bloke called David Mundy?

We will play Geelong away with another chance if we finish in the four or Carlton or Bulldogs in a home knock out for a 5th finish.
Win against Geelong its happy days but lose it will be against the winner of 6th and 7th Collingwood or Richmond. At home but tough.
If we come 4th and lose week 1.

We play the winner of 5th v 8th.

I reckon if we finish 4th we beat Geelong away and platform into a GF (Like 2013!!)

I reckon if we finish 5th and host a home final we lose against an average Vic-side with more finals experience (Like 2003!!)

Back