Prediction Finals

What’s a pass mark from here

• Just qualifying ticks the box

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Gotta win at least one

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • Prelim or it’s a premature exit

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • You’ve got to lose one to win one, so getting to big dance is the first big step

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • My membership and the microwave will meet again if Mundy doesn’t finish a premiership player

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

First domino to fall for us

No draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I forgot about the draw during the week but I was a little worried last weekend when projecting scenarios where we miss the 4. A draw tonight would have been the worst thing to happen to our top 4 chances.

I think two finals is a reasonable expectation.

I'm more nervous about this final run than any of the previous, we're fairly inexperienced and at massive risk of straight sets. I blame the Melbourne media for this paranoia, had me believing early we were a flag threat and then washed their hands of us very quickly.

I think two finals is a reasonable expectation.

I'm more nervous about this final run than any of the previous, we're fairly inexperienced and at massive risk of straight sets. I blame the Melbourne media for this paranoia, had me believing early we were a flag threat and then washed their hands of us very quickly.
When we were on mid season we were on.
Now a shell of our former selves..

Hopefully they turn it around for mundy even if only for 1 won.

I don't think we were beating Geelong, happy to host and win an elimination final against the Dogs and gain momentum off that than try to bounce back from a (likely bad) loss and have the pressure of going out in straight sets lingering.

Next season we will have a lot of young players with more AFL minutes, finals experience and another preseason under their belt. I'm confident we'll make the Top 4 next season on our own merits with a strong outfit - which will be more satisfying.

I don't mind the result..
We haven't played are mid seasoned best since the buy.
We are building, if we can rest up in the next fortnight, get tabs, fyfe, switta and lobb healthy. Track a bit further against the bullys you never know.
Our best was pretty Bloody good before the bye.

I don't think we were beating Geelong, happy to host and win an elimination final against the Dogs and gain momentum off that than try to bounce back from a (likely bad) loss and have the pressure of going out in straight sets lingering.

Next season we will have a lot of young players with more AFL minutes, finals experience and another preseason under their belt. I'm confident we'll make the Top 4 next season on our own merits with a strong outfit - which will be more satisfying.
We would have beat the living snot out of Geelong. Still will, if we meet them in a semi final

We would have beat the living snot out of Geelong. Still will, if we meet them in a semi final

Dunno about living snot but out of them and Melbourne I would have fancied our chances against Geelong.

We pretty much kicked off Geelong's current run of getting found out in September in 2012 and their team's so old half of them are still playing from that elimination final.
Time for some nostalgia for the pensioners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't had a full forwardline for much of the second half of the season. With switta, drizz and fyfe back and hopefully Lobb, Logue and maybe Tabs we can return to our early season best. Freo under the radar to our first flag - I checked with my brain and it said this will almost certainly happen.

Have we had our full forwardline to choose from in the last 5 or 6 years? Got close early this year for the first time in years, but not totally from memory.

Geelong normally bounce back in week 2.

It's prelim and week 1 finals that trouble them.
I'm more worried about the Bulldogs than Geelong or even Collingwood week 2. Honestly, people are going to call me out for it but the pressure of a home elimination final against a team with nothing to lose that can get a run on is more of a worry to me.
Win week 1 and I'm confident of reaching a prelim

I'm more worried about the Bulldogs than Geelong or even Collingwood week 2. Honestly, people are going to call me out for it but the pressure of a home elimination final against a team with nothing to lose that can get a run on is more of a worry to me.

I agree re week 1. Then again, I'm worried about most of our games and even if we win week 1, I can't see us winning any more.

But, let's just take one week at a time.

Not really understanding the complete confidence in beating the Dogs, this side with a few changes played in a grand final, I wouldn’t be taking them lightly imo.

However I do think we have got the best possible opponent.

Not really understanding the complete confidence in beating the Dogs, this side with a few changes played in a grand final, I wouldn’t be taking them lightly imo.

However I do think we have got the best possible opponent.

Yeah and last year we were crap.

We beat them only a couple of weeks ago at Marvel when they had it all to play for.

Sure we could lose. We don’t take any game lightly.

If the team turns up we will win.

Yeah would like to win a final.

Especially at home then anything after that is a bonus really now.

Back