Financial Advisors

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone heard of http://www.financialaffairs.com.au/ <---

They're in Glen Huntly which is close by us so I was thinking of utilising their services.

Anyone know whether they're any good? If not, anyone know of anyone who is, and is near to Carnegie (Melb), and/or does visits?

I don't trust financial advisors. You're paying them for their advice, so they should be completely independant. But everything they point you towards they get a slice of the action from the 3rd party. So you're never 100% sure that they are looking after your interests or their own.

Anyway you don't need professional financial advisors Mobbs - you've got us!

Mobbs what are you trying to plan? You got some money to invest or just planning your income allocation?

i.e. financial advisors might not necessarily be great, but what's your other option? (for most people, anyhow.)

Getting a good one rather than a bad one is more important with financial advisors than with any other professional, except maybe a doctor. But the quality of of fa's varies far more than the quality of doctors does. SO it's dicey.

I work for a financial adviser. We have made alot of money for our clients this year. Some can be "dodgy", or more so selling you into products which they receive the greater commission on. Some really care for their clients. Be sure to ask them, 'how is this fund better than this one? how will it benefit me? Stuff like that.

Drill them with questions before you buy.

Originally posted by Frodo
Everyone has made a lot of money this year. How did you go in 2002?

Not sure wasnt working there then. I think on average most fund managers had negative returns. It could be viewed that making money is also attributed to minimising losses and risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back