Financial Fair Play discussion

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Are PSG officially being investigated? Was that the case they took to CAS to prevent an investigation into them?
Galatasaray took UEFA to CAS over whether UEFA could re-investigate something they'd already been punished for. CAS ruled in favour of Galatasaray.

I think PSG were investigated and cleared but that was for the pre-Neymar/Mbappe reporting period. UEFA tried to re-open that case and I think PSG appealed to CAS to prevent that. Not sure if that has been heard or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Should City be investigated for the £650m Puma deal? There has to be some dodgy shit behind that. How much bigger than any other kit deal out there is it? Insanity

Bojan KantKick

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Should City be investigated for the £650m Puma deal? There has to be some dodgy shit behind that. How much bigger than any other kit deal out there is it? Insanity
nah. It's applied across like 5 different clubs in different countries (lots of exposure) and it has been 5 years since United's 10 year £750m deal.

Seems reasonable to me. Kit deals increase with every renewal.

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
nah. It's applied across like 5 different clubs in different countries (lots of exposure) and it has been 5 years since United's 10 year £750m deal.

Seems reasonable to me. Kit deals increase with every renewal.
Oh ok. All that revenue will go to City though, which I suppose is fair enough. Should imagine it’s no where near a 10 year deal either, probably a five year deal?

United’s next deal will break the billion pound mark. You can understand the united figures because people buy their merchandise in all corners of the globe. On the other hand I don’t even see City merch in London

Bojan KantKick

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Oh ok. All that revenue will go to City though, which I suppose is fair enough. Should imagine it’s no where near a 10 year deal either, probably a five year deal?

United’s next deal will break the billion pound mark. You can understand the united figures because people buy their merchandise in all corners of the globe. On the other hand I don’t even see City merch in London
Nah it's a 10 year deal with Puma

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-new-10-year-kit-deal-puma-worth-650-million/

I don't know the structure of the deal but would imagine it would go to the group (CFG) rather than the club. How the group distributes the money is up to them but yeah i'd imagine the vast majority would be directed to City.

I'd expect it to breach the billion pound mark. Puma are a relative minnow wanting to capture market share so it is understandable they would pay more than Adidas and Nike given City wouldn't move the needle revenue wise that much for those companies relative to Puma. Under Armour have been doing the same in the NBA for about 5 years now.

Yeah i can't remember seeing city merch in London ever tbh

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City

We won't get all the revenue. That would be a fairly obvious (and easily traceable) breach.

I reckon about 90% will come to us though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why would I be disappointed? I read the statement and the reasons for the decision/consequences before I posted it on here.

You post about me more than you do about Spurs.
Why would you be disappointed? Isn’t that a wee bit obvious? You’re the only defender here of the clubs that have allegedly broke the ffp rules. Every man and his dog on here knows why that is.

I very much doubt I post more about you than I do spurs. You seem to throw that accusation out whenever someone mentions you. It’s like you’ve got your own Moomba “me too” movement going on.

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Like I said I had read the statement before I posted it here. I knew what the statement referred to, and what it didn't refer to. I know why they lost the case, and what that means for other cases or potential cases.

Try to stick to the topic for once.

Magma

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
it's specific to psg anyways and can't be applied as precedent because it's unique, not sure anyone is disappointed.

Top Bottom