Zidane and Moomba's FFP chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good article explaining the independence of the CFCB:

Even Soriano has stated that the CFCB is independent in his statement. The process with the 5 AC judges is definitely impartial, these are some of the most powerful men in Europe and have no allegiances on the matter other than ruling on the facts of the matter.

UEFA & City can still come to an agreement over this before it goes to CAS as noted by the author. I wouldn't be surprised at all if UEFA ramped up the fine to 50m euros and settled on a suspended sentence for a ban. Effectively a legitimate bribe to fund plenty of yachts / hookers / cocaine for the annual UEFA Christmas bash.

All above board I'm sure :)

Is anything?

At least we don't have a justice system like this deciding on the case:

How nice of Sheikh Mansour to ensure his brother gets off and even accused the victim of secretly injecting him with drugs therefore being totally unaware of his actions.

I reckon you're pushing s**t up hill to try and paint the UEFA AC judges as the bad guys here.

Good article explaining the independence of the CFCB:

Even Soriano has stated that the CFCB is independent in his statement. The process with the 5 AC judges is definitely impartial, these are some of the most powerful men in Europe and have no allegiances on the matter other than ruling on the facts of the matter.

UEFA & City can still come to an agreement over this before it goes to CAS as noted by the author. I wouldn't be surprised at all if UEFA ramped up the fine to 50m euros and settled on a suspended sentence for a ban. Effectively a legitimate bribe to fund plenty of yachts / hookers / cocaine for the annual UEFA Christmas bash.
I'd be surprised if we would do a deal.

It was reported that Ceferin visited the club in December offering a deal of a small fine which was rejected. Our COO also told our fan reps that was the case.

But acceptance of a deal would imply guilt and leave the door open for action by other bodies (such as the league). We've done a deal once, do I can't see us doing one again.

I'd be surprised if we would do a deal.

It was reported that Ceferin visited the club in December offering a deal of a small fine which was rejected. Our COO also told our fan reps that was the case.

But acceptance of a deal would imply guilt and leave the door open for action by other bodies (such as the league). We've done a deal once, do I can't see us doing one again.

Ceferin can't do a deal while the investigation was ongoing. Wouldnt buy too much into those reports. Now that it is done you can negotiate one and failing that appeal to CAS.

Like I said, I'd be surprised if we do (for a number of reasons). I'm sure UEFA would like to settle. No coincidence too that three journos that CFCB leaked to through the process have all written stories in the past day promoting the idea of a settlement.

Like I said, I'd be surprised if we do (for a number of reasons). I'm sure UEFA would like to settle. No coincidence too that three journos that CFCB leaked to through the process have all written stories in the past day promoting the idea of a settlement.

I doubt UEFA would be the ones settling here. You've been found guilty by a panel of 5 independent judges, going to be a tough sell to CAS judges (who are of similar stature) that you are innocent. Even your club are now acknowledging the independence of the AC panel.

You may not want to settle but it looks to be the most realistic avenue of avoiding a ban. As it stands today you are guilty so the power rests with UEFA. Would be rather daft to go for a complete reversal of the verdict (still to find an example of CAS doing this with a UEFA verdict) when you could have gotten a deal. It may well be legitimate corruption but so be it.

Also CAS may even increase the ban if they feel the appeal is frivolous in nature.

I doubt UEFA would be the ones settling here. You've been found guilty by a panel of 5 independent judges, going to be a tough sell to CAS judges (who are of similar stature) that you are innocent. Even your club are now acknowledging the independence of the AC panel.

You may not want to settle but it looks to be the most realistic avenue of avoiding a ban. As it stands today you are guilty so the power rests with UEFA. Would be rather daft to go for a complete reversal of the verdict (still to find an example of CAS doing this with a UEFA verdict) when you could have gotten a deal. It may well be legitimate corruption but so be it.

Also CAS may even increase the ban if they feel the appeal is frivolous in nature.
Is it April 1?

Independent judges from within UEFA. Judge, Jury and Executioner.
CAS are the independent judges.

Ha ha

FFP is a bullshit ruling anyway. Its there to protect the big clubs from having new teams break into the elite bracket imo

It would be boring to see the same clubs dominate their domestic leagues year after year and the only way lesser clubs can break into the elite bracket is by having super wealthy owners buy clubs and buy their way up the leagues consistently.

And lets be honest if this was Barcelona or Real Madrid absolutely nothing would be done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's obviously related to this:

IIRC it was joked about at the time this would happen. Like glenferry23 said just another way to launder money from the Abu Dhabi government to CFG.

I wonder what the reaction would be jn the UK if Boris bought Chelsea and had BBC pumping hundreds of millions through the club.

I'm interesting in hearing exactly what you think is going on.

But your Chelsea/Boris analogy doesn't really seem to have any relevance to Silver Lake/CFG.
Nothing?

Or have you realised now that the Silverlake fund is a French government investment fund operated through it's investment bank.

FWIW Mubadala has been involved in a number of investments with Silver Lake (the company not the fund) over the years. But Mubadala is the investment arm of Abu Dhabi and Silver Lake is a pretty huge investment company. So not that surprising.

Even if Silver Lake (the company turns out to be involved in Silverlake (the fund) it seems a fairly straightforward deal, which I'm sure Mubadala (like the investors in the other 90% of the fund) will be hoping to make a return on.

I can't see anything happening until the UEFA case is finished with.

If we're ultimately found guilty of any offence after the appeal(s) I would imagine it wouldn't before long before the FA jump in for their slice of the cake. It's why I can't imagine we'll settle on a lesser punishment, or even a fine with UEFA. Would sort things with UEFA, but would just be an invitation for the FA to get on board.

Suspect it's a bit of media mischief making though, we often get stories like this come out after a good result. I doubt the FA are doing much more than keep a watching brief on CAS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back