Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
FFP was crap used by established big clubs who wanted to pull up a drawbridge on everybody else.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What are you on about?

I'm saying all they can't do by being called cheats is enjoy bragging about it down the track. In the short term after that goal in 2012 these allegations didn't even exist so it's not taking a single thing away from the fans. All it does is give opposition supporters something to hang their hat on.
Bragging is one thing, I suppose we are all prone to it to a various extent, but I wouldn’t be bragging if I were a City fan as it’s all been done in a spurious manner. More likely to be slightly humble or even apologetic, but that’s a small price to pay for all the success

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Bragging is one thing, I suppose we are all prone to it to a various extent, but I wouldn’t be bragging if I were a City fan as it’s all been done in a spurious manner. More likely to be slightly humble or even apologetic, but that’s a small price to pay for all the success
That’s basically my point. They’ll still enjoy winning it but be more humble about it because it was done in a dodgy way

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The worst thing about the whole saga is the facade created by City claiming the club is sustainable, profitable and compliant with FFP regulations. I recall City publicising quite heavily that the club was in profit on the books. We now know that was an outright barefaced lie with all the income Sheikh Mansour was shovelling in through the back door. This isn't a case of a club who has overspent slightly or has failed FFP because of significant unexpected one off costs. This is a club that knowingly cheated the system that other clubs had to abide by. Opinions on FFP do not matter now - this is cheating of the highest order and right up there with the Juventus corruption scandal. I find it absolutely bizarre that some fans of these clubs can even begin to defend the actions of their clubs.

If UEFA are serious both PSG and Man City must face competition bans for next season. Blatant cheating and corruption cannot be accepted.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Thats hardly a punishment TBH, just going to make it easier for them to walk the league again.

Surely point deductions or restriction on spending or prosecution on who did it or a hefty fine is more appropriate?

UEFA have no power to ban clubs from their domestic leagues. Only FIFA have the power to ban a club from transfers.

All they can do is exclude them from their competitions and/or fine them.

Those that run both PSG and City do not care about monetary penalties. Competition exclusion is the only real penalty available to UEFA that would have any impact on these two clubs.

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lance Armstrong was stripped of 7 titles due to doping. What City have done amounts to the same as what Lance did - gain a completely unfair advantage by systematically cheating. Of course they won’t lose their titles and that does punish the fans who are innocent in this, but really that would put an end to the oil clubs buying trophies once and for all. Instead they’ll cop a fine and carry on as before

The stuff thats been leaked isnt enough for you?
Not even close.

For example the Fordham deal everyone looks at and screams according to David Conn, it was declared to UEFA at the time and dealt with.

So where's the breach?

I'd prefer all the facts come out. Would be an interesting case, that's for sure.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Would make for a cracking court case.

Well worth missing a year or two of the champions league

Doubt it comes to that though.

CAS is the only avenue a club can take UEFA to court in. Milan had their ban overturned while others didn't. Considering the scope of your cheating I don't like your chances in the CAS.

Not sure why your club can't just accept the ban, stop cheating and comply like everyone else does.

More importantly with your club effectively being a state funded enterprise of the Abu Dhabi government thanks to Mansour' s family pretty much running the government has anyone complained to European authorities about it? Because state based aid is forbidden in the European market.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
3B552391-3118-4BA7-A980-0DE1EE224A4A.jpeg

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Lance Armstrong was stripped of 7 titles due to doping. What City have done amounts to the same as what Lance did - gain a completely unfair advantage by systematically cheating. Of course they won’t lose their titles and that does punish the fans who are innocent in this, but really that would put an end to the oil clubs buying trophies once and for all. Instead they’ll cop a fine and carry on as before
yeah but not really.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
you compared systematic doping in a single person sport to spending money on footballers.

who's the 14 year old?
Cheating is cheating Magma, to me there’s little difference between the two examples. The fact City have tried to hide it makes it worse, as obviously they knew what they were doing was bent

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
you compared systematic doping in a single person sport to spending money on footballers.

who's the 14 year old?

Hang on a second. Your club was disguising money spent by your owner as commercial income so you could flout FFP rules that other clubs had to abide by.

That is financial doping, gaining an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition. Don't try and justify it by just "spending money" - if that's the case you wouldn't have bothered to try and disguise the source of your income. It's every bit as bad. It's why your club is now known as cheaters. Best thing to do would be for Mansour to put his hand up and accept that his actions are unacceptable, deal with the punishment and move on. Whether that will happen with City crying victim is another story.

Back