Zidane and Moomba's FFP chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

hiding income is as bad as drugs.

it's going to be bloody funny if this independent review doesnt find anything.
When you’re are talking about the level of income and the advantage it gives you, then yes basically it is

When you’re are talking about the level of income and the advantage it gives you, then yes basically it is
clearly all we need to say is 'we're not that kind of club, we swear on our kids lives' and it'll all be sweet.

just found that money on the ground

clearly all we need to say is 'we're not that kind of club, we swear on our kids lives' and it'll all be sweet.

just found that money on the ground
Hard evidence will probably prove otherwise though.

CAS is the only avenue a club can take UEFA to court in. Milan had their ban overturned while others didn't. Considering the scope of your cheating I don't like your chances in the CAS.

Not sure why your club can't just accept the ban, stop cheating and comply like everyone else does.

More importantly with your club effectively being a state funded enterprise of the Abu Dhabi government thanks to Mansour' s family pretty much running the government has anyone complained to European authorities about it? Because state based aid is forbidden in the European market.

If they've got evidence they should lodge a complaint.

I'm happy for all the cards to be on the table, what will be will be.

Yeah i dunno, to me it's still cheating like match fixing or drug taking. Like the NRL clubs do and Carlton/Essendon have.

You are getting an unfair advantage over 19 other clubs who are toeing the FFP line. The rest of us are competing against you with one hand tied behind our backs, Pool fans should be most filthy as its going to cost them 2 prem titles.

Yeah i dunno, to me it's still cheating like match fixing or drug taking. Like the NRL clubs do and Carlton/Essendon have.

You are getting an unfair advantage over 19 other clubs who are toeing the FFP line. The rest of us are competing against you with one hand tied behind our backs, Pool fans should be most filthy as its going to cost them 2 prem titles.
Do these allegations date back as far as 2013/14? or even before that?

surely the unfair advantage isn't that great comparative to having a rich owner regardless.

match fixing has a direct impact on the match. spending more money doesnt guarantee us a win. and drug taking is just ****ed. it's dangerous and has the potential to ruin people's lives. i seriously dont see how it remotely compares to spending money in a sport.

surely the unfair advantage isn't that great comparative to having a rich owner regardless.

match fixing has a direct impact on the match. spending more money doesnt guarantee us a win. and drug taking is just ******. it's dangerous and has the potential to ruin people's lives. i seriously dont see how it remotely compares to spending money in a sport.

I guess because there is a rule that is being broken, giving you an unfair advantage that no one else is getting. Which is cheating to me.

To me FFP was bought in to curb us, you guys and PSG and it seems we are the only ones that took it seriously. Maybe thats what gets me triggered about this.

This. Chelsea have clearly put in measures to comply that has with FFP so if City's cheating proves true it's a kick in the face to what we and other clubs have done.
I guess because there is a rule that is being broken, giving you an unfair advantage that no one else is getting. Which is cheating to me.

To me FFP was bought in to curb us, you guys and PSG and it seems we are the only ones that took it seriously. Maybe thats what gets me triggered about this.
Yup, we have clearly changed our strategy and spending to comply with FFP since it was announced.

While I think long term it's been beneficial for our sustainability, it has certainly hampered our ability to compete with the best of the best. So City continuing to do as they please without punishment is a slap in the face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what it comes down to for me. No matter how you try and deflect it or defend it, it’s still clear cut. Cheating is cheating.

all this only goes up to 2013. there is no evidence that it has continued past then. and we copped a pretty hefty punishment which did impact on us at the time. the fordham arrangement (the image rights thing) was not allowed by uefa. the payment to mancini as a consultant was happening before ffp, and the etihad deal has been allowed by uefa.

der speigel should also release their evidence to other publications. it must be said that the basis of all these allegations are from emails, not official documents or contracts.

all this only goes up to 2013. there is no evidence that it has continued past then. and we copped a pretty hefty punishment which did impact on us at the time. the fordham arrangement (the image rights thing) was not allowed by uefa. the payment to mancini as a consultant was happening before ffp, and the etihad deal has been allowed by uefa.

der speigel should also release their evidence to other publications. it must be said that the basis of all these allegations are from emails, not official documents or contracts.

Will his highness turn over all financial information from ADUG and Abu Dhabi government related entities that he has control over?

Abramovich spent his money establishing Chelsea as a too side and then voted.for FFP to stop others doing the same.

From Platini.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html

Now coming back to the question, I think that Abramovich is like Mr Moratti, is like Mr Berlusconi, he says, ‘OK stop. I don’t want to play this bad game with those other clubs paying more, more, more and lose a lot of money.’

Last edited:
Abramovich spent his money establishing Chelsea as a too side and then voted.for FFP to stop others doing the same.

From Platini.

No doubt if everyone actually sticks to the FFP rules it'd be good for us. We got lucky that we were able to build before it came in, i am surprised that Roman agreed with it.

I kind of wish we'd get creative too and just work our way around it but it is cheating so it'd feel a bit hollow.

Last edited:
Will his highness turn over all financial information from ADUG and Abu Dhabi government related entities that he has control over?
AFAIK, the FFP regs require clubs to provide their own FFP returns as well as the accounts of all related parties the club has had dealings with.

AFAIK, the FFP regs require clubs to provide their own FFP returns as well as the accounts of all related parties the club has had dealings with.

ADUG aren't a sponsor of the club (it owns the club). His highness has been shovelling money into Abu Dhabi government entities to fund commercial "sponsorship" deals. His highness really should turn over all ADUG financial information to the authorities in order to help investigators.

They should change the FFP regs if they want shareholders/owners financial information as well.

Has FSG handed over their financial details or does this rule just apply to us?

Are FSG funding LFC sponsorships through related parties? If they are doing that then yes they should because that is cheating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back