Zidane and Moomba's FFP chat.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Which law?

And where do you find details on which transactions with state owned entities have been approved.

I'm keen to see if we applied and we're rejected or just didn't apply.

Also keen to see if other football clubs have bothered to seek approval for their contracts with state owned entities.

A link to EU state based aid law was posted further up the page.

In any case it was City fans that have tried to claim UEFA falling foul of EU laws (which they don't).

A link to EU state based aid law was posted further up the page.

In any case it was City fans that have tried to claim UEFA falling foul of EU laws (which they don't).

The Wikipedia (LOL) page you linked doesn't specify that organisations have to seek approval for every transaction with a state owned entity. And it doesn't detail which approvals have been sought and which haven't.

Which means that not only do you not know whether City are required to seek approval for AD based sponsorships, you don't even know whether we've done so or not.

So your constant claims that we've breached EU law on state aid are more a case of wishful thinking than anything else.

Don't know it is speculation, or UEFA have announced something but it appears UEFA have opened an investigation.

Hopefully it's quite open, and public. I doubt it though. UEFA will want to keep things closed, and I have a suspicion we might refuse to answer any questions for the period we've already been punished for.

Quite looking forward to it tbh.

Are PSG officially being investigated? Was that the case they took to CAS to prevent an investigation into them?
Galatasaray took UEFA to CAS over whether UEFA could re-investigate something they'd already been punished for. CAS ruled in favour of Galatasaray.

I think PSG were investigated and cleared but that was for the pre-Neymar/Mbappe reporting period. UEFA tried to re-open that case and I think PSG appealed to CAS to prevent that. Not sure if that has been heard or not.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Should City be investigated for the £650m Puma deal? There has to be some dodgy s**t behind that. How much bigger than any other kit deal out there is it? Insanity

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Should City be investigated for the £650m Puma deal? There has to be some dodgy s**t behind that. How much bigger than any other kit deal out there is it? Insanity
nah. It's applied across like 5 different clubs in different countries (lots of exposure) and it has been 5 years since United's 10 year £750m deal.

Seems reasonable to me. Kit deals increase with every renewal.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
nah. It's applied across like 5 different clubs in different countries (lots of exposure) and it has been 5 years since United's 10 year £750m deal.

Seems reasonable to me. Kit deals increase with every renewal.
Oh ok. All that revenue will go to City though, which I suppose is fair enough. Should imagine it’s no where near a 10 year deal either, probably a five year deal?

United’s next deal will break the billion pound mark. You can understand the united figures because people buy their merchandise in all corners of the globe. On the other hand I don’t even see City merch in London

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Oh ok. All that revenue will go to City though, which I suppose is fair enough. Should imagine it’s no where near a 10 year deal either, probably a five year deal?

United’s next deal will break the billion pound mark. You can understand the united figures because people buy their merchandise in all corners of the globe. On the other hand I don’t even see City merch in London
Nah it's a 10 year deal with Puma

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-new-10-year-kit-deal-puma-worth-650-million/

I don't know the structure of the deal but would imagine it would go to the group (CFG) rather than the club. How the group distributes the money is up to them but yeah i'd imagine the vast majority would be directed to City.

I'd expect it to breach the billion pound mark. Puma are a relative minnow wanting to capture market share so it is understandable they would pay more than Adidas and Nike given City wouldn't move the needle revenue wise that much for those companies relative to Puma. Under Armour have been doing the same in the NBA for about 5 years now.

Yeah i can't remember seeing city merch in London ever tbh

We won't get all the revenue. That would be a fairly obvious (and easily traceable) breach.

I reckon about 90% will come to us though.

uefa are scared of ffp being pulled apart in the courts. hence why the punishment we got was settled, and why ffp has since loosened. uefa still have to answer to eu laws.
This sounds exactly like when Essendon fans thought wada couldn’t ban them

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
picture of who uefa are believed to want to speak to about all this

sb-mascots-18.jpg

Back