Zidane and Moomba's FFP chat.

It's why I want it to go to court. Get the facts out in the open.

If it's down to UEFA and they punish us it will be like "there's your proof that evil City cheated"

If UEFA clear us it will be like "UEFA are bent, you can't trust their decision".

TBF if it does go to court and we win and the tin foil hat brigade will still cry corruption so I guess we can't win either way.

Oh well, will be interesting to see how it all develops.

As for saying I told you so, it's not really my thing. But if that happens I probably will have a laugh to myself about all the piss being boiled.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
I'm not surprised it took you only a couple of minutes to respond. You're all over this thread defending the club when blind Freddy can tell City have cooked their books to get to where they are, nothing has been organic about their rise. You vehemently rebutt everything despite trying to appear as a fence-sitter. Lets be realistic though, I think everyone in this thread will realise knowing UEFA they will somehow find a way to sweep most of it under the rug and/or hand out a slap on the wrist and you'll be here saying, "HA! Told you so!" but the reality of the situation is much different, UEFA have a track record of corruption anyone can see that.
what constitutes organic an organic rise? a time machine back to the 80's?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
what constitutes organic an organic rise? a time machine back to the 80's?
Something built up over many years of success, slowly growing the brand?

City went from nowhere to being the world’s leading club financially within a couple of years. It’s not really what you’d call organic

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Something built up over many years of success, slowly growing the brand?

City went from nowhere to being the world’s leading club financially within a couple of years. It’s not really what you’d call organic
i dont think anyone has ever called our last 10 years organic growth.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i dont think anyone has ever called our last 10 years organic growth.
Ok but when clubs are trying to rise organically - you know like building a £1billion pound new stadium (investment that doesn’t fall within FFP rules) then surely you can see where this beef comes from?

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ok but when clubs are trying to rise organically - you know like building a £1billion pound new stadium (investment that doesn’t fall within FFP rules) then surely you can see where this beef comes from?
and like everywhere else in life, the world isn't fair.

i'd be all for a salary cap, i think that's a lot more effective in curbing spending.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
and like everywhere else in life, the world isn't fair.

i'd be all for a salary cap, i think that's a lot more effective in curbing spending.
Life often isn’t fair no, but we do have laws in place to try and protect. FFP is supposed to be that law in football.

Anyway, at least you are able to be slightly more pragmatic rather than just blindly defending it all. In the main I think that’s true of most City fans and a reason why they remain quite a popular fan base with other fans.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Life often isn’t fair no, but we do have laws in place to try and protect. FFP is supposed to be that law in football.

Anyway, at least you are able to be slightly more pragmatic rather than just blindly defending it all. In the main I think that’s true of most City fans and a reason why they remain quite a popular fan base with other fans.
most laws in society though effect people equally. if you cant go above 60 in a street, no one else can either. ffp isnt an even spread law, whereas a salary cap would be.

Most won't remember, but Man United floated the idea of a salary cap based on revenue a good decade before FFP came around. As the club with the biggest revenue they'd be able to spend more than anyone else on their wages.

The idea of that was appalling to me,.just kills the competitive nature of sport. But I like the idea of a level salary cap, although it would be hard to manage with different tax rates/cost of living etc.

I think the champions League is something that should be looked at in terms of fairness. 4 clubs get a £60m annual helping hand from UEFA, that helps them stay above the challengers.

It should be spread out more evenly through the league and then through the divisions imo. Make the competition more about winning than money.

Salary cap would be a good idea, players can make plenty more off endorsement deals but at the end of the day cheating clubs can just pay their players in that way regardless using the companies.

Sergio Aguero could then make £115m per year by endorsing shoelaces

And it only took 120 years of league football for already rich clubs to decide that other clubs need to earn the right to compete with them.
Seems like the ulterior motive was to shut the gate on those trying to join their top table.
Keep their exclusive club exclusive.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Liverpool reportedly in negotiations with multiple brands to take over the kit sponsorship deal once the current contract with New Balance expires at the end of next season.

Nike reportedly leading the race, with an offer that would become the most valuable kit sponsorship contract ever signed by a Premier League club.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
from what i read i think that there is uncertainty as to who actually owns them, milan themselves may not know.

eagerly await the newest thunderbird bunga bunga man waltzing back into ownership.

talk of a "different branch" of Qatar Sports Innvestments buying them out. Supposedly legal for them to keep PSG aswell.

Do you believe a club should be attempting to try and stop the process of a club being investigated and/or punished for cheating? CAS would just love that, it would be open season. Every time a club is going to get punished by UEFA they would run crying to CAS and say that UEFA can't do it because they swear they are not guilty, look at our 100 page submission etc etc. You are not arguing the punishment, you are arguing UEFA's right to punish you (at this stage).

Should UEFA find you guilty you will then have a right of reply to present your side of the story.
If CAS don't think we've got a legitimate case they'll rule against us. If they do they'll rule in our favour.

We have every right to explore every avenue available to us. As does any other club.

But you find the idea that evidence produced by us should be considered before punishment is handed down is laughable.

So who knows, I'm sure there's people within UEFA that think the same as you. And I reckon at some stage the idea that people at UEFA want us punished whether we've done some wrong or not will be bought up at CAS.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
If CAS don't think we've got a legitimate case they'll rule against us. If they do they'll rule in our favour.

We have every right to explore every avenue available to us. As does any other club.

But you find the idea that evidence produced by us should be considered before punishment is handed down is laughable.

So who knows, I'm sure there's people within UEFA that think the same as you. And I reckon at some stage the idea that people at UEFA want us punished whether we've done some wrong or not will be bought up at CAS.

Not sure what your smoking but not everything is a conspiracy against Man City despite what you may believe.

Also nobody is advocating the adjudictory chamber not taking your evidence into consideration.

What is laughable is your defence of trying to stop that process going ahead. If City have done nothing wrong they should be able to have their say to the adjdictory chamber's ruling. Theres one pretty obvious possible reason why your club is trying to stop the investigation process going ahead. You seem to live in a dreamworld where everything is not City's fault and there is no possibility in your world that City may actually be possibly guilty of further cheating.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I reckon at some stage the idea that people at UEFA want us punished whether we've done some wrong or not will be bought up at CAS.

I’m sure there are people who want City punished whether they’ve done something wrong or not.

Equally I’m sure there are people who don’t want City punished whether they’ve done something wrong or not.

Now that it’s reached a tribunal with a reputation for being more independent and less corrupt than FIFA/UEFA, I’m looking forward to the evidence (including new evidence) being properly interrogated and the case being assessed on its merits without the uncertainty and corruption which pervades the football governance hierarchy.

If City think they’re innocent, they should welcome this. With a clear decision in their favour, people will stop applying asterisks to all of their achievements, and focus more on the incredible football they’re playing.

Not sure what your smoking but not everything is a conspiracy against Man City despite what you may believe.

Also nobody is advocating the adjudictory chamber not taking your evidence into consideration.

But you are advocating that the Investigatory chamber doesn't take any notice of our evidence. This is the Investigatory Chamber that has recommended a season long ban for us, and you're ok if they haven't actually checked our side of the story.

What is the point of procedural rules if you can just do what you like?

What is laughable is your defence of trying to stop that process going ahead. If City have done nothing wrong they should be able to have their say to the adjdictory chamber's ruling. Theres one pretty obvious possible reason why your club is trying to stop the investigation process going ahead. You seem to live in a dreamworld where everything is not City's fault and there is no possibility in your world that City may actually be possibly guilty of further cheating.

As I've said I wouldn't want it to end on a technicality or procedural matter. I understand why the club would be happy for that to happen as there is a huge financial cost to us if we are suspended.

But as a fan I want all the facts on the table.

Last edited:
So it is safe to say City would have appealed to the CAS if the case was referred to the adjudictory chamber with a recommendation to clear them?
Bizarre theory. The Investigatory chamber would just have cleared us.

Back