Zidane and Moomba's FFP chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simple solution would be to leave the ECA wouldn't it? That is assuming City will want to appeal the findings of the adjudictory chamber.
I'd be surprised if we didn't want to take it as far as possible legally speaking, but I'm not sure leaving the ECA would make a difference.

The ECA is a horrible organisation set up to benefit the few over the majority. So nothing would make me happier if we were to leave.

Not looking great. Failed to provide banking statements to FFP investigators. Exernal consultants also added a total of 59m pounds of losses to the books that were previously submitted. 3 sponsorship deals were assessed to be from related companies despite claims that they were not related.

Etihad sponsorship deal seems ok though so I guess there is that. Will be interesting to see what happens - I'm betting on another fine and a slap on the wrist. Would explain why that muppet from La Liga is moaning, he must have inside knowledge of what's going on.

Well how about that? Looking forward to 2 years without CL football? At worst your last 3 league titles will have a big ol' * next to it as well.
I'm fine thanks.

And it's the last four league titles. If you want to put an asterix next to them be my guest.

I'm fine thanks.

And it's the last four league titles. If you want to put an asterix next to them be my guest.

Its pretty clear now that City are guilty of deliberately manipulating FFP. This investigarion has gone on for a significant period of time and a 2 season ban simply is not handed out to a club that's not guilty.

I do feel 2 seasons is excessive though. CAS appeals in the past generally only have reduced the penalty. Not the decision itself. Should be straightforward to have the ban reduced to one season.

Who knows- this could inspire City to "shove it up em" and win the CL this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its pretty clear now that City are guilty of deliberately manipulating FFP. This investigarion has gone on for a significant period of time and a 2 season ban simply is not handed out to a club that's not guilty.

I do feel 2 seasons is excessive though. CAS appeals in the past generally only have reduced the penalty. Not the decision itself. Should be straightforward to have the ban reduced to one season.

Who knows- this could inspire City to "shove it up em" and win the CL this season.

2 years is excessive? Not likely considering the level of cheating we're dealing with. This isn't a club that accidently just over-stepped the mark, or tried to bite the edges off. They deliberately shat all over everything FFP was designed to do in a big, big way.

City fans will now have to accept the trophies have now been officially branded, by way of this decision, as being won by illegally financing the buying of players of which everything they've achieved never would have been won without doing so.

2 years is excessive? Not likely considering the level of cheating we're dealing with. This isn't a club that accidently just over-stepped the mark, or tried to bite the edges off. They deliberately shat all over everything FFP was designed to do in a big, big way.

City fans will now have to accept the trophies have now been officially branded, by way of this decision, as being won by illegally financing the buying of players of which everything they've achieved never would have been won without doing so.
Everyone knew this anyway. Even honest City fans accepted it. Why some didn’t is simply because it hurt them too much to do so. Being honest in life should always be the priority though

Our last European trophy was 1970.

Such a shame to lose it, was fun while it lasted.

Will you be there for Real at home to boo the CL anthem?
Probably not although my lad asked me tonight if we could go as it's near his birthday.

So I'll have to see if he's at school the next day.

Your cheeky snide remarks have been noted moompa loompa. And they are of no doubt a typical aspect of the arrogance that has swept through City supporters in recent years.
OK. Thanks.

Really? It does beg the question what the PL intend to do about it. Arguably should do to them what the SPL did to Rangers
Did premier league FFP exist then or is that irrelevant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back