Zidane and Moomba's FFP chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the general feeling on Blue Moon?
Bit of outrage. Bit of triumphalism. Bit of fatalism.

You get a bit of everything there, if I could choose just one common feeling it's of happiness that we're going to fight.

I figured we'd be found guilty although I was half expecting a slap on the wrist. But I wanted us to fight that if it happened so after 2 years it was a bit of s no brainer.

Very valid points raised here Doc, would the same apply for Chelsea though? :D

Edit: as usual Chef beat me to it!
Don’t get me started on you lot, I still want retroactive de-registration for bribing your way back into the league.

Never forget

Great article put up on Twitter by Simon Hill says a lot about the direction European football has headed in to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm prepared to give City the benefit of the doubt until it all comes out in the wash in the CAS hearing. But if CAS finds in favour of UEFA, the book should be thrown at City. If City also breached FFP rules in the prem, they should be stripped of the 4 league titles won since 2012, including the titles won after 2016.

I'm prepared to give City the benefit of the doubt until it all comes out in the wash in the CAS hearing. But if CAS finds in favour of UEFA, the book should be thrown at City. If City also breached FFP rules in the prem, they should be stripped of the 4 league titles won since 2012, including the titles won after 2016.
Unlikely, but in theory would mean ManU and Liverpool would have 2 titles each extra

Last edited:
Wow. Just saw this. Did have a cheeky look at Blue Moon to see what they were saying - looks like widespread indignation: lots of talk about UEFA being corrupt and links to VAR conspiracies and everyone trying to bring them down and the established clubs being behind it all. Lots of talk of City fighting back and bringing down UEFA and FFP etc. Does remind me a bit of Essendon, similar kind of reaction. Without pulling apart all the details, the legal side of things will not come out neat and tidy and exonerate City, they may muddy the waters and get through on technicalities, that's what your money buys. The status of the evidence will be what's in question, as its a total smoking gun, but stolen. The fascinating thing will be watching how they respond on the field, whether Pep stays, whether they can recruit etc.

This sums up my thoughts. Fundamentally the issue for me isn’t City spending money, in fact I think it’s good for the competition if we have more clubs competing for trophies. City have added a huge amount of value to English football over the last decade.

It’s that they signed up to a set of rules, then deliberately and covertly went about breaking those rules to gain an advantage over the rest of the competition.

If City disagreed with FFP as a concept, they could’ve challenged UEFA in court. That option was available to them if they felt strongly enough about it.

If City didn’t think they’d done anything wrong, it seems odd they’d go to such great lengths to mask commercial arrangements between the club, Etihad and ADUG per the leaked letters and accounting documents, or that they’d centre their defence against UEFA’s investigation on the key pieces of evidence being illegally obtained and inadmissible, rather than clarify the context of those documents which they claimed in their statement at the time would exonerate the club.

This is the biggest story in football in a long time. The ramifications for City could be huge if this is upheld and the Premier League follow through with their own penalties. Could we see Pep and some of the players considering their futures? I assume it’ll probably be discussed but I can’t see them being stripped of titles.

they’d centre their defence against UEFA’s investigation on the key pieces of evidence being illegally obtained and inadmissible, rather than clarify the context of those documents which they claimed in their statement at the time would exonerate the club.

Our appeal was based on the legitimacy of the process. Not the actual decision, or the legitimacy of the source of information used.

Procedural errors were the only thing we could appeal against at that stage of the investigation. I'm sure when the time comes our appeal to this decision will be much broader.

Our appeal was based on the legitimacy of the process. Not the actual decision, or the legitimacy of the source of information used.

Procedural errors were the only thing we could appeal against at that stage of the investigation. I'm sure when the time comes our appeal to this decision will be much broader.

Did you break the rules or not? The club have suggested they have irrefutable evidence to support their claim that they didn’t, presumably if this evidence had been provided to UEFA investigators this would have all been defused by now.

The fact we are where we are suggests to me that this evidence likely doesn’t exist.

Did you break the rules or not? The club have suggested they have irrefutable evidence to support their claim that they didn’t, presumably if this evidence had been provided to UEFA investigators this would have all been defused by now.

The fact we are where we are suggests to me that this evidence likely doesn’t exist.
Our position from the outset is that UEFA/CFCB had pre-determined the outcome and that we'd need to present our evidence to an independent body.

Our position from the outset is that UEFA/CFCB had pre-determined the outcome and that we'd need to present our evidence to an independent body.

Lol. Because the head investigator said you could face a ban if the allegations were proven?

That's crackpot conspiracy theory territory. Don't see that approach working well with CAS.

Lol. Because the head investigator said you could face a ban if the allegations were proven?

That's crackpot conspiracy theory territory. Don't see that approach working well with CAS.

Don't strawman.

CAS have already said that it expects the AC to consider the procedural flaws in it's judgement and that we have the right to appeal those issues to CAS if they want.

This is hilarious. Not because Man City got ‘caught’ (funny how it takes a ‘leak’, from a German media source) but because Chelsea and Man City are the only ones getting investigated.
Got to be absolutely ignorant and blind to see Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern been doing this for years. But because their teams are essentially funded by their national governments, untouchables.
What a farce. Extend all these investigations to the dealings of Barcelona. Coutinho getting sold then Neymar for overinflated wages plus Messi’s tax dodge, I know it’s not apart of it, but it just shows the hypocrisy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back