Past Finbar O'Dwyer

Remove this Banner Ad

Just nerves.

Of course, but nerves can make anyone say some strange things including some extreme honesty.

The recruiting team clearly see something in him, and you can see from his highlights he’s got some attributes to work with so it’ll be interesting to see him develop.

Bruce Doull and John O’Connell were pretty good mates and they used to have more than a quiet drink together.

The story goes that the sum total of their conversation during their sessions was “its your shout”.

:D

I heard once one of them also said. "no its yours"

I used to stay up and listen to “League Teams” on 3DB on a Thursday Night, back in the early 70’s (that’s an AM radio station for all you millennials, and Gen Y’s) - and in between races at the Olympic Park dogs Laurence Costain used to read out the teams and I’d scribble them down, just to save time I’d already have:

O’Connell, Southby, Waite

written down in advance.

:p

I reckon there was one season where it was then Pinnell Doull Maclure as half backs.

I used to jot down player numbers instead Of names

Some weird answers. Talk himself down from a forward-flanker to a forward pocket and then ‘rotating off the bench.’

Always interesting to hear draftee evaluations of themselves. Obviously Walsh and Stocker have had more feedback to work from, and can give standard answers from recruiter descriptions and media representations of their game style so I can imagine it’s harder for later picks to describe themselves.

Seemed to be looking over at Ben post answers, step in will ya.
Hats off, 18yo in front of the media, unless trained (Ben & co have already been accustomed to it) would be a major WTF moment.

Reporter: "Tell us what you bring"
Finbar: "Good culture"
Me: "Damn, real talk"

Some weird answers. Talk himself down from a forward-flanker to a forward pocket and then ‘rotating off the bench.’

Always interesting to hear draftee evaluations of themselves. Obviously Walsh and Stocker have had more feedback to work from, and can give standard answers from recruiter descriptions and media representations of their game style so I can imagine it’s harder for later picks to describe themselves.

Remember Whiley’s Welcome vid to which he described himself as a ‘battler,’ and then to no real surprise played in exactly that fashion.
You both need your hearing checked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember Whiley’s Welcome vid to which he described himself as a ‘battler,’ and then to no real surprise played in exactly that fashion.
You're not wrong, some of the answers from some of the more highly rated draftees sound like they are quoting that day's pre-draft edition of the Herald Sun. I welcome a bit of honesty, developing players are not exactly going to say that they disobey the coach's instructions and dominate all over the ground in spite of them.;)

Our last two cult heroes, Eddie and Denis, needn't have bothered having a last name.

Finbar is now our man....don't think I've read a post yet where anyone has referred to him as 'O'Dwyer'. ******* love it.

Who knows, out of the current crop of youngsters, he may be the one to just come out and tear it up. Finbar Bosustow!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back