Past Finbar O'Dwyer

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of the best full back line ever.

I used to stay up and listen to “League Teams” on 3DB on a Thursday Night, back in the early 70’s (that’s an AM radio station for all you millennials, and Gen Y’s) - and in between races at the Olympic Park dogs Laurence Costain used to read out the teams and I’d scribble them down, just to save time I’d already have:

O’Connell, Southby, Waite

written down in advance.

:p

Wow, did not realise he played in colour era tv too. Looks like an excellent dashing back pocket type. His nephew should have a go at that role. We could do with one.

I lol’d at the 2.34 mark where O’Oconnell got a holding the ball decision against Kevin Bartlett - the look of shock and horror on Bartlett’s face was gold

:p

His Xavier College class mates tell me he measured in at 1.93m in October during their school athletics day.
You took so long to pass on this information that he's actually 195 cms now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how much more Finbar grows.

Hopefully he turns into a Harry Taylor type swingman :)

Reporter: "Tell us what you bring"
Finbar: "Good culture"
Me: "Damn, real talk"

Some weird answers. Talk himself down from a forward-flanker to a forward pocket and then ‘rotating off the bench.’

Always interesting to hear draftee evaluations of themselves. Obviously Walsh and Stocker have had more feedback to work from, and can give standard answers from recruiter descriptions and media representations of their game style so I can imagine it’s harder for later picks to describe themselves.

Remember Whiley’s Welcome vid to which he described himself as a ‘battler,’ and then to no real surprise played in exactly that fashion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back