Fantasy Find a league, expressions of interest and fantasy advice

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 31, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Alright i'm still keen to start up a new Dynasty league for some of the guys who have never done one before (including myself) and for anyone else who wants another league. Ideally have 12 teams.
I'm thinking a roster of:
1 QB (could be convinced to make it 2)
1HB
2 WR
1 TE
2 Flex (regular, not superflex)
1 K
3 IDP (not 100% on this either, happy to go to team D/ST or to 1 IDP)
Probably PPR as well but i'm partial to 0.5 PPR. And have heard good things about 1.5PPR for TE's so that's a possibility.
Would be a blind bidding system for free agents/waivers.
I'd need a certain amount of commitment from 12 people before i create the league as obviously dynasty leagues are a long term commitment. Was thinking if we played for cash (very small entry fee, ~$20) perhaps getting players to pay up for a season in advance to avoid dropouts would be an idea.
Let me know if you are interested in joining and we'll go from there.

Interested.

What's IDP scoring going to look like? If it's just tackle heavy scoring that's 3 LBs and there isn't much point to the slots as there are plenty of viable LBs. If it's 3 positional like DL, LB, DB it's a bit more interesting.

Superflex means more QBs will be drafted but really only slightly higher initially, much higher in later rookie drafts.

The most boring format possible would probably be the most unique on this board :tearsofjoy:. That or a best ball format

Alpha & Beta are 2x Superflex PPR IDP
Omega is 1x Superflex PPR IDP
Empire is 5x Flex PPR IDP

IIRC leagues in general are moving towards 2QB PPR
Best Ball Dynasty upcoming

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interested.

What's IDP scoring going to look like? If it's just tackle heavy scoring that's 3 LBs and there isn't much point to the slots as there are plenty of viable LBs. If it's 3 positional like DL, LB, DB it's a bit more interesting.

Superflex means more QBs will be drafted but really only slightly higher initially, much higher in later rookie drafts.
Yeah the defensive slots would be 1LB, 1DL, 1DB.
I'm more than happy to go 2QB but not superflex in that case.
Seems like 1.5 ppr for TE's is a goer too. I might actually try set something up tonight and can put the link up for interested players. I think we could fill half a 12 team league right now but its early days and i'd expect more to jump on.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I keep hearing about Best Ball but have never actually looked into what it is?
Exactly what it sounds like - you don't pick starters and whatever site you use will automatically take the best individual players scores from your roster to give you your team score for the week.

I'm not sure ESPN has that capability though

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Exactly what it sounds like - you don't pick starters and whatever site you use will automatically take the best individual players scores from your roster to give you your team score for the week.

Yeah nah i'm not into that. I'll stick with the classic option thanks.

The good thing about it is it increases value of roster depth rather than having one or two studs.

Definitely looking into it this weekend if anyone is interested

The good thing about it is it increases value of roster depth rather than having one or two studs.

Definitely looking into it this weekend if anyone is interested

I think this would be ok in an auction league maybe... standard, I dunno... part of the challenge is selecting the right matchups and such. I think it takes a major skill out of it. Convince me otherwise?? Interested nonetheless to see how it would work though...

And LennyHayes77 I could get around another dynasty league, so you can count me in also.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=276113&seasonId=2018

Have a peep at the dynasty league I've just made up tonight. Not sure if you guys can join the league from here or not but I will send invites out if not.
Obviously all things very subject to change depending on the majorities preferences. Unfortunately ESPN doesn't provide a legitimate dynasty format but can make all players keepers, so it's essentially the same thing. I would just need to track draft picks etc as they don't do that. I've made it 1QB league for now but we'll take a poll or something on whether that becomes 2QB once all teams are filled. Also have made it 2DL, 2LB, 2DB but again willing to change those numbers based on preference. But the research I've done has made that seem like a good starting point.
The scoring is also a little bit vanilla (no option for 1.5PPR for TE's) but it's no biggie. I've researched a good balance to get the defensive players enough points to be quite balanced with the offensive players. Should make for some interesting draft decisions.
Let me know your opinions and thoughts and we'll go from there! Any league name suggestions are welcome as well!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this would be ok in an auction league maybe... standard, I dunno... part of the challenge is selecting the right matchups and such. I think it takes a major skill out of it. Convince me otherwise?? Interested nonetheless to see how it would work though...

And LennyHayes77 I could get around another dynasty league, so you can count me in also.
See I don’t think week to week starting roster is a particular talent perse because basing starters on anything other than week to week averages tends to come off much worse. Choosing the falcons WR3 because they’re going against a terrible D is as likely to give Julio and extra 2 TDs than it is your guy.

Instead a H2H best ball league increases the value of waivers, depth players and positional slots pending the positions are scored correctly. All of a sudden the guy you have at WR8 does actually matter and there’s increase pain in holding onto players for a year.

For example, starting JStew in week 14 last year wouldnt have been astute roster management. It would have been luck. But having him on your roster in this scenario would have been much more likely because his value is increased by situation a lot more than it is in typical leagues.

That’s the other good thing about it - best ball leagues change players values quite dramatically in some scenarios.

In addition to the fact that picking starting rosters isn’t the funnest thing to do from Aus. That almighty Q is disgusting.

Drafting, trading and waivers are infinitely more skill based decision making than roster setting imo, and BestBall enhances the drafting element imo especially because it enhances and validates roster makeup with depth. It also removes ‘domination’ factor to some degree, in that most leagues have a few teams who are so good they can set and forget. A WR1 isn’t going to finish as a WR1 every week in best ball though.

Missed weeks ‘don’t matter’ - the problem with some leagues around here is that you miss one or two weeks of roster setups for whatever reasons and people piss off because it doesn’t matter by that point anyway. Best ball allows consistent engagement at least even if you do find yourself holidaying for a fortnight.

Either way, just a few points to mull on.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jatz
dlanod
Helfarch
Plat
Mr_Nyah
J Shuttlesworth
A11dAtP0w3R
drd23
fuey
Broken

I've tagged all the guys who have flagged interest in joining a new dynasty league. So if all these people are interested still we have enough for 11 teams so would need just 1 more to fill up a 12 team league. Maybe just like my post here if you still want to join and i will send out the invites to the new league I have set up. The link for it is a few posts above and it's still very much a work in progress.

As stated earlier the lineups/settings/scoring is still up for debate and i'm happy to change things depending on what the majority want. We would need to start locking things up pretty soon though and think about starting a draft in the next few weeks.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Alas I'm not interested in cash leagues on BF - I'm already in one with a bunch of mates, so BF leagues are more hit and giggle games for me rather than looking to be more invested.
Fair enough. This was never originally intended to be a cash league, i just thought it would be a good way to incentivize people staying in for more than 1 season. As i said nothing here is set in stone and if people are happy to make it a free league then i'm all for it. I just want to get the numbers confirmes and then go from there. It would be fun to have something to play for though it doesn't necessarily have to be cash.

Dec 7, 2011
Wentz Wagon
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jatz
dlanod
Helfarch
Plat
Mr_Nyah
J Shuttlesworth
A11dAtP0w3R
drd23
fuey
Broken

I've tagged all the guys who have flagged interest in joining a new dynasty league. So if all these people are interested still we have enough for 11 teams so would need just 1 more to fill up a 12 team league. Maybe just like my post here if you still want to join and i will send out the invites to the new league I have set up. The link for it is a few posts above and it's still very much a work in progress.

As stated earlier the lineups/settings/scoring is still up for debate and i'm happy to change things depending on what the majority want. We would need to start locking things up pretty soon though and think about starting a draft in the next few weeks.

Yep still keen thanks mate!

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Jatz
dlanod
Helfarch
Plat
Mr_Nyah
J Shuttlesworth
A11dAtP0w3R
drd23
fuey
Broken

Yep, get the draft happening ASAP, set up drafts in dynasty always take forever. 25+ rounds :sick:

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
2 spots left in our new start up Dynasty league for anyone who is keen? We'll be drafting as soon as possible so want to get the league settled by then. Flick me a PM with your email addy and i'll send an invite over and get you locked in.
Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back