Fantasy Find a league, expressions of interest and fantasy advice

Remove this Banner Ad

My usual league has finally agreed to go PPR, do people recommend 1ppr or 0.5ppr?

Nothing shits me more than some pleb getting 6 catches for 5 yards and scoring more than someone with 60 on the ground

2 spots left in our new start up Dynasty league for anyone who is keen? We'll be drafting as soon as possible so want to get the league settled by then. Flick me a PM with your email addy and i'll send an invite over and get you locked in.
Cheers

Did you fill the two spots? Me and a mate of mine are keen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now that the Fantasy drafting season is over for the leagues I'm in, I can reveal my "big board" that I used for Dynasty.

I won't be revealing this every year, because I like to be secretive, but today is your lucky day to get an insight into GG's famed Fantasy Factory.

Top section is all the current years rookies, and the bottom section (hidden) is all the veterans around the league I have an interest in for future waivers etc.

Note that in the top section, I only add rookies that I have an interest in. I might not necessarily try to draft them all, and sometimes other people draft them, so I have to go down or across the list to choose another player.

The positions are ranked from top to bottom in my interest in them (how high/low I rate them).

It doesn't show the entire hundreds and hundreds of players that I watched games and video highlights of for months on end. Every year I do scout the hundreds of players, but I just type in the names of those who interest me the most. There are a lot of big names missing, but it doesn't necessarily mean I think they'll be busts, just that either I don't have a high enough pick for them, and/or, that I felt weren't worth trading picks/players for to get high draft picks, because I felt there were tons of other top talent out there I could still draft with later picks that I believe could be just as good as those "big names".

screenshot-docs.google.com-2018-08-28-21-13-05.png

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Now that the Fantasy drafting season is over for the leagues I'm in, I can reveal my "big board" that I used for Dynasty.

I won't be revealing this every year, because I like to be secretive, but today is your lucky day to get an insight into GG's famed Fantasy Factory.

Top section is all the current years rookies, and the bottom section (hidden) is all the veterans around the league I have an interest in for future waivers etc.

Note that in the top section, I only add rookies that I have an interest in. I might not necessarily try to draft them all, and sometimes other people draft them, so I have to go down or across the list to choose another player.

The positions are ranked from top to bottom in my interest in them (how high/low I rate them).

It doesn't show the entire hundreds and hundreds of players that I watched games and video highlights of for months on end. Every year I do scout the hundreds of players, but I just type in the names of those who interest me the most. There are a lot of big names missing, but it doesn't necessarily mean I think they'll be busts, just that either I don't have a high enough pick for them, and/or, that I felt weren't worth trading picks/players for to get high draft picks, because I felt there were tons of other top talent out there I could still draft with later picks that I believe could be just as good as those "big names".

View attachment 550973

A crash course in how not to draft in dynasty, take it in newbs to fantasy football.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
A crash course in how not to draft in dynasty, take it in newbs to fantasy football.
I believe more than %50 (%65-%75) (but no less than %50 at worst) of those rookies in my list will turn out to be studs.
I only skim the very cream off with my scouting spoon.
I believe I would make an "above average" NFL GM/Scout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back