Fantasy Find a league, expressions of interest and fantasy advice

Could I please get some advice on keepers?

I remember 12 months ago my problem was finding 6 guys worth keeping; this season it's the opposite problem.

Here's who I'm tossing up between - as I said, I get to keep 6.

Russell Wilson
Jarvis Landry
DK Metcalf
Nick Chubb
Aaron Jones
Austin Hooper
Miles Sanders
Josh Jacobs
Devin Singletary
Deebo Samuel
Kyler Murray

See? Embarrassment of riches!

Without explaining the overly complex keeper formula, I can keep Hooper, Samuel, Metcalf and Murray for late round picks; Wilson & Landry would be mid-round picks; any combination of Chubb, Jones, Sanders, Jacobs and Singletary probably costs me my first 4/5 draft picks.

I'm probably leaning towards:
Jacobs (would cost 1st round)
Sanders (would cost 2nd round)
Jones (would cost 3rd round)
Metcalf (would cost 12th round)
Samuel (would cost my 17th round)

And then I'm tossing up between Chubb and Singletary - either of whom would cost my 4th round. So it's purely a heads up competition before a guy who was enormous last season, but feel away when some campaigner came and took a bunch of his touches away over the last couple of months, and a guy who is undoubted number 1, on a team that I think will be really good this year... but with an offence that I still expect to be mediocre.

I'd be grateful for any advice!

Deebo coming off a short preseason would have me slightly concerned. But he's not costing you anything so worthy of a stash for later in the season regardless probably, just don't expect big numbers early imo....

Kyler is probably tremendous value if you can get him around the same price as Samuel, even being a QB in a one QB league, he's got top 3 potential.

Sanders , Chubb and Jacobs are 100% lock ins for me. I'd take all three of them ahead of Aaron Jones. But I'd take Aaron Jones all day every day over Singletary also.

The rest is pretty much up to preference. Metcalf and Hooper both come with good upside, but Landry has a far safer/higher floor than both imo.

Good luck.

Last edited:
So in summary is probably go;

Jacobs, Sanders, Chubb, Jones, Samuel (assuming you can find WR starters perfectly fine in round 5 onwards)

Then it gets hard; can make a case for all of Metcalf, Landry and Murray. If it's full PPR it comes down to Murray and Landry for me. Probably lean towards Murray coz I love him tho. But yea, it's a ******* tough call that. Your choice, go with your gut! 👍

Football God

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, miami dolphins
Hey guys would anybody like to join me and my 3 mates in a snake draft league on espn fantasy? We’ve been playing about 5 seasons now, a couple people have dropped off the last couple seasons. So looking for some people that are keen!
$50 buy in and I think winner takes all (I’ll have to confirm that for you. Maybe 2nd gets money back, depending on numbers.)
Haven’t set a date yet for draft night.

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi guys, very last minute. Had a drop out for an NFL $50 Snake re-draft League. League has been running since 2013. You get pick 3!
Draft is tomorrow Aug 30th 10:30 AEST.
12 teams, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, K, DST.
Please reply or message me if interested!!!

Roostasani

Rookie
Oct 17, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm looking for another NFL fantasy league to join. Happy to join a cash league, competitive player. Message me!!

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys, I'm interested in joining a second cash league. Avid player and been playing for over 10 years. Prefer ESPN if possible and pretty available for draft anytime. Message me.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I asked a question on the last page... since then I won a league vote to increase the number of keepers to 8 (which was supposed to happen already, but everyone forgot about til 2 weeks ago and decided "don't worry about it".)

So, the guys I'm definitely keeping:
- Josh Jacobs
- Miles Singletary
- Nick Chubb
- Aaron Jones
- DK Metcalf
- Deebo Samuel

Which leaves me 2 spots and 3 players to choose from:

- If I keep Allen Robinson and Devin Singletary, my first pick would be round 7 and my last pick would be round 16 (of 17)
- If I keep Allen Robinson and Kyler Murray, my first pick would be round 6 and my last pick would be round 15.
- If I keep Kyler Murray and Devin Singletary, same as above - first pick would be round 6 and last pick would be round 15.

* regardless of what happens above, Metcalf is only costing me my 12th rounder, while Samuel is costing me my last pick.

If anyone wants to make a strong case for Austin Hooper, who would cost me a 15th or 16th rounder, I'm very prepared to listen - I just think Cleveland is a bit of an unknown. Njoku already let me down last season, and Hooper's success last season had a lot to do with Ryan's love of using TEs.

I asked a question on the last page... since then I won a league vote to increase the number of keepers to 8 (which was supposed to happen already, but everyone forgot about til 2 weeks ago and decided "don't worry about it".)

So, the guys I'm definitely keeping:
- Josh Jacobs
- Miles Singletary
- Nick Chubb
- Aaron Jones
- DK Metcalf
- Deebo Samuel

Which leaves me 2 spots and 3 players to choose from:

- If I keep Allen Robinson and Devin Singletary, my first pick would be round 7 and my last pick would be round 16 (of 17)
- If I keep Allen Robinson and Kyler Murray, my first pick would be round 6 and my last pick would be round 15.
- If I keep Kyler Murray and Devin Singletary, same as above - first pick would be round 6 and last pick would be round 15.

* regardless of what happens above, Metcalf is only costing me my 12th rounder, while Samuel is costing me my last pick.

If anyone wants to make a strong case for Austin Hooper, who would cost me a 15th or 16th rounder, I'm very prepared to listen - I just think Cleveland is a bit of an unknown. Njoku already let me down last season, and Hooper's success last season had a lot to do with Ryan's love of using TEs.

I'm off the Singletary wagon this year mainly coz I like Zack Moss and think he will play a role. But I've heard others disagree. Don't see the TD upside either way with Singletary coz Moss will get the red zone work even if it's a 60/40 split in Singletary's favour (without mentioning Josh Allen taking some rushing tds also) . If you take him you're praying Moss gets injured (which could happen) imo.

So it's a clear Robinson and Murray for me.

But ask drd23 Blacky and GG.exe their thoughts too.

And I say that as a Singletary dynasty owner in multiple leagues, I hope he kills it as I only own Moss in one, but I'm concerned.

I'm off the Singletary wagon this year mainly coz I like Zack Moss and think he will play a role. But I've heard others disagree. Don't see the TD upside either way with Singletary coz Moss will get the red zone work even if it's a 60/40 split in Singletary's favour (without mentioning Josh Allen taking some rushing tds also) . If you take him you're praying Moss gets injured (which could happen) imo.

So it's a clear Robinson and Murray for me.

But ask drd23 Blacky and GG.exe their thoughts too.
Murray and ARob and it isn’t close

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are there any versions of NFL fantasy that operate more like Supercoach - no drafts etc?

I've been into NFL for quite a while, but i'm still at the level of fandom where I know the quarterbacks and a few star players from each team, but i'm thinking that fantasy is a good way to get to know more. Right now i'm not overly keen on the draft system, I'd prefer a type of fantasy which you can almost play "solo", like Supercoach, if that makes sense.

Are there any versions of NFL fantasy that operate more like Supercoach - no drafts etc?

I've been into NFL for quite a while, but i'm still at the level of fandom where I know the quarterbacks and a few star players from each team, but i'm thinking that fantasy is a good way to get to know more. Right now i'm not overly keen on the draft system, I'd prefer a type of fantasy which you can almost play "solo", like Supercoach, if that makes sense.
I think they’re paid services like fan duel and dynasty owner

qwertyboy

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton FC, Detroit Pistons.
Rate my side editoon
10 league full ppr it’s only my third year so still scratchy just want to hear thoughts.
QB Josh Allen
RB1 Alvin Kamara
RB2 Miles Sanders
WR1 Chris Godwin
WR2 Odell Beckham jnr
TE Austin Hooper
FLEX Robbie Woods
KICK Zaine Gonzalez
DST Denver Broncos

B1 Matthew Stafford
B2 Joe Doyle
B3 Keryon Johnson
B4 Tarik Cohen
B5 David Montgomery
B6 Brandin Cooks

Rate my side editoon
10 league full ppr it’s only my third year so still scratchy just want to hear thoughts.
QB Josh Allen
RB1 Alvin Kamara
RB2 Miles Sanders
WR1 Chris Godwin
WR2 Odell Beckham jnr
TE Austin Hooper
FLEX Robbie Woods
KICK Zaine Gonzalez
DST Denver Broncos

B1 Matthew Stafford
B2 Joe Doyle
B3 Keryon Johnson
B4 Tarik Cohen
B5 David Montgomery
B6 Brandin Cooks
Depth is pretty concerning tbh. Starters are decent - probably hinges on what OBJ rocks up.

Who is available on waivers?

Pretty good I'd give it a solid 7.5/10

Starting TE a serious issue for me, Jack Doyle is a decent backup tho, I'd probably start him over Hooper until you know more. The Vikings split a lot of work between Rudolph and Smith last year under Stefanski and the Browns still have Njoku on their roster so I highly doubt Hooper gets the touches he did last year in Atlanta.

If Cooks can hold together (big if) he'll be a steal and fantastic depth. Lot of injury prone players on that bench the concern.

Last edited:
Massive Herndon thruther here, I'd take him ahead of both Hooper and Doyle this season if available on the waiver wire.

(Why not add another injury prone player to the mix? XD )

Hooper might be ok.

there’s plenty id take before him though

They did pay him a lot of money so he does have that going for him. I would just be very cautious until you get to see how they are using the TEs in game.

They did pay him a lot of money so he does have that going for him. I would just be very cautious until you get to see how they are using the TEs in game.
Plus it’s the browns

Back