Fantasy Find a league, expressions of interest and fantasy advice

Remove this Banner Ad

My team is probably 4 years away and I'm fine with that. 🤗...I'm at ground zero now after trading away all assets of value. Makes no sense whatsoever to trade for Diggs.

I don't necessarily disagree with the premise that if you are still 1-2 years away from competing for your league title that it makes sense to trade away assets that will be past their peak by that point, but I'm not entirely sure that Diggs falls into that category.

The way that Blacky explains it almost comes across as "you need to trade him away", whereas I'd be more along the lines of "you should consider trading him if you get a good deal". If I were offered say Aiyuk and a mid 1st - then yes I'd probably do it in this situation.

I believe you can always be a contender every year if you have a spine of a great team at least.. 1x.qb, rb, wr, say de, lb, ss. Some clever trading of future picks for starters and/or waiver claims. My alpha team is ****ed, that truly needs 1-2 more years of work, but empire/omega is right there due to decent pieces at the spine. A bit of luck, trades/waivers, can get you up or push you down.

I do agree too with adp about even tho paid league enjoying the league still. Or like, enjoying the attempt at trying to reload and be a contender for that particular year. Like a GM, the fun of seeing if you can pull your less than stellar roster up for the year with some astute, insightful, or ballsy moves. No longer do i play the trade assets away to have fun as a scout in the draft, that lead to much disaster in alpha. But now instead, the fun of seeing if i can turn around my meager situation (cap, roster, injuries, busts) and make it challenge type of fun

Before ...id trade good players i just drafted the year or two before for firsts, so i can have fun seeing if i can draft more future stars, especially unearthing sleepers in late rounds. Disastrous.

Now ... Trade away high picks for established vets or multiple high picks for rising stars others drafted (eg Higgins empire), and finagle value around...loaded at qb, say, move value out to get value where lacking, eg rb or wr. Win auctions on good players to also use in trades for future picks or as part of a loading a trade up so the other person relents.

Sometimes even trading a player at a certain position to a rival because they have too many at that position and force them to cut a sleeper theyre holding onto so you can waiver claim them, because if you dare offer a pick straight up for a sleeper theyll reject, fearful theyre letting go of a star cos youre hankering for them. But if you trade them a really good starter to that position group, theyll be forced to cut the noob still yet to rise

Sometimes even trading a player at a certain position to a rival because they have too many at that position and force them to cut a sleeper theyre holding onto so you can waiver claim them, because if you dare offer a pick straight up for a sleeper theyll reject, fearful theyre letting go of a star cos youre hankering for them. But if you trade them a really good starter to that position group, theyll be forced to cut the noob still yet to rise

Name me one instance where this actually happened. I'm dying to see evidence. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do I explain to someone that Herbert is worth Kamara, Tua and some more especially in a SF league. He keeps on saying but Kamara is worth more then Herbert if you look at the trade calculator.
Kamara worth less than Herbert to me, but unsure Herbert is worth Kamara, Tua +

How do I explain to someone that Herbert is worth Kamara, Tua and some more especially in a SF league. He keeps on saying but Kamara is worth more then Herbert if you look at the trade calculator.

He's going off fantasy pros trade value chart

RBs are eternally worth more on fantasy pros than any other position because of the drop off after the top 10 or so compared to QBs.

Herbert easily has top 5 potential.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just explaining old mates position and why he values Kamara at more. If someone swears by that chart you're going to have a hard time changing their mind.

A QBs worth in superflex tends to depend on the roster limits, if the league has a low number theyll be worth less, if they league allows you to stash 5 (or stupidly, even more) they'll tend to be worth more coz there are less to go around.

A QBs worth in superflex tends to depend on the roster limits, if the league has a low number theyll be worth less, if they league allows you to stash 5 (or stupidly, even more) they'll tend to be worth more coz there are less to go around.
Most people in my league have their starters and 2 Backup QB's. I have Lawrence, Herbert and Zach Wilson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back