Fantasy Find a league, expressions of interest and fantasy advice

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Going to need to know what your criteria is here because you are not even saying successful fantasy wise in any time frame just that they are "talented". Everyone that has an NFL roster spot is talented in some way.
if i explain criteria for a position, like what yo look for in a wr, you will understand better what i mean

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
for instance, based on my evaluations, legit ones, pats UDFA WR Ubosi is a better prospect than Pats 1st Rnd WR Henry.

henry, being a first will no doubt get all the focus, perseverance, and he wont outright bust, most likely...and Ubosi wont get given much chance, practise squad maybe, but i wouldnt be surprised if he puts in the work he will have a better NFL career.

the specific things i look for i can explain after alll the fantasy drafts, in detail. but for now, thats an example.

Mar 31, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
for instance, based on my evaluations, legit ones, pats UDFA WR Ubosi is a better prospect than Pats 1st Rnd WR Henry.

henry, being a first will no doubt get all the focus, perseverance, and he wont outright bust, most likely...and Ubosi wont get given much chance, practise squad maybe, but i wouldnt be surprised if he puts in the work he will have a better NFL career.

the specific things i look for i can explain after alll the fantasy drafts, in detail. but for now, thats an example.
Henry won't do much at the pats because he wasn't drafted by them.

Harry will takes some time.

I agree on Harry somewhat, think he's a tad overrated, don't see him being the big outside WR threat the Pats envision, can see him developing into a nice slot reciever tho.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm nearing completion of my arduous scouting of the 2019 class, and I have to say it's pretty grim. Pretty lackluster class. There are only (literally) a few standouts at most positions and then so much crap after that. And some positions there is actually no one worth drafting, but only for drafting sake, to fill a roster need. There are as always some exquisite gems/sleepers that were late round draftees or UDFAs, as usual, but there's only a few positively elite prospects across the entire class.

I'm nearing completion of my arduous scouting of the 2019 class, and I have to say it's pretty grim. Pretty lackluster class. There are only (literally) a few standouts at most positions and then so much crap after that. And some positions there is actually no one worth drafting, but only for drafting sake, to fill a roster need. There are as always some exquisite gems/sleepers that were late round draftees or UDFAs, as usual, but there's only a few positively elite prospects across the entire class.

Massive question over all offensive skill position players, Hockenson and Fant the only two I'm confident will have good to very good careers.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Massive question over all offensive skill position players, Hockenson and Fant the only two I'm confident will have good to very good careers.
I am sure a lot of them that I don't like will have careers in the NFL, but just nothing to salivate over, to trade up for really. Was a good class for NFL teams to trade down and down in, fill up needs and acquire depth.

I am sure a lot of them that I don't like will have careers in the NFL, but just nothing to salivate over, to trade up for really. Was a good class for NFL teams to trade down and down in, fill up needs and acquire depth.

I think the OLine depth in this draft was really good, that just doesn't help anyone in fantasy football tho.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
For instance, at TE...

Guys like Zach Gentry, Thomas Sweeney, etc, they are above average inline blockers, and can release into the flat or a cross route from time to time, but they aren't dynamic whatsoever. So they might hold onto a roster spot for a few years as depth TEs, coming on in 2 or 3 TE sets, 10 or so snaps a game. Useful for NFL teams. But for Dynasty fantasy, there's zero incentive or reason to draft them or consider them whatsoever. Maybe in like two or three years, after injuries to incumbents, and learning to run better routes, play with more urgency, they might be worth a waiver claim in year 4 where they have a good middle part of season 2021 say, 400 yards and 4 TDs.

I might as well say, given you mentioned him. But TJ Hockenson I don't like at all. He can run good routes, good head fakes and hip shakes to get open, but he is atrocious at blocking. I have included him in my list of draftable TEs, but he's near the bottom of it. I have other players rated higher because they can inline block far better and have some receiving chops and fluidity in route running. Hockenson is woeful at blocking, often he has no idea who to even block, and looks lost out there, looking around and moving around for someone to block, trying to decide between two or three but actually going after none of them. So given how poor he is at blocking, despite his good receiving skills, I have other TEs who are better blockers but not as good receivers as him rated ahead of him because you CAN see in them the ability to improve the receiving side....they play quick, run crisp routes, have excellent hands in contested catches, are slippery shaking coverage.

When scouting TEs for instance, I look for the complete package as prime. An inliner, who can handle pass-rushing DEs like an OT, kick in or out like a pulling Guard and give his RB lanes, but when he releases as a receiver, he is quick and crisp in his routes. The QB looks his way often, and doesn't look away (a sign that the TE is well-covered and just too slow and not-crisp to get any separation) (for when you can't see the TE in the play of the video), the QBs eyes tell all. Then when you see the All 22 video you can see that impression of yours was justified. Often in college, teams schemes are say run heavy, so the prospective TE doesn't get stats or many routes, so you ignore that for the "is he a potential top receiver" aspect. You look for when he actually DOES run routes....how clean and quick are those routes, can he slip coverage at the snap, get separation on longer developing plays or is he too cumbersome that he's always blanketed and the QB looks away from him, has he got strong HANDS, not body catches. Having straight-line speed is a bonus, but it's rare to find. So not having speed isn't a huge knock, more important is the quickness and crispness of releasing in a route, and shaking coverage.

Leagues changing, yes, it's great to have a complete TE, but it's not as important as it once was to be able to block. You'll always get snaps in today's NFL if you have some athleticism and can catch.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Leagues changing, yes, it's great to have a complete TE, but it's not as important as it once was to be able to block. You'll always get snaps in today's NFL if you have some athleticism and can catch.
It's changing, but "move" TEs are still not that great in the NFL.
Nothing can beat an Inline TE. They are incredibly important still. Inline TEs/H-Backs and Guards have replaced FBs (singleback sets), as they do a lot of pulling and isolation blocks -- due to the wave of RPO/Option in the NFL, where you need those perimeter linemen to do a lot of mopping up. And being set inline means they are extra dangerous as receivers when they can chip and release, or just release. Whereas move TEs are just WRs basically.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
It's changing, but "move" TEs are still not that great in the NFL.
Nothing can beat an Inline TE. They are incredibly important still. Inline TEs/H-Backs and Guards have replaced FBs (singleback sets), as they do a lot of pulling and isolation blocks -- due to the wave of RPO/Option in the NFL, where you need those perimeter linemen to do a lot of mopping up. And being set inline means they are extra dangerous as receivers when they can chip and release, or just release. Whereas move TEs are just WRs basically.
hi-res-7d25db8e3fb9d4b7add3915740d200de_crop_north.jpg

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
If anyone has a spare spot in a League I'm keen this year.
We can use you in BFFL, also two other vacant spots if anyone is interested.

2019 thread up by Friday, draft will be later in August.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I want in for one of these leagues if there is any spots available

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

ok. i want in

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Back