Fantasy Find a league, expressions of interest and fantasy advice

Briar Gold

Premium Platinum
Apr 21, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi, anyone on here arrange a tipping comp? I am keen to follow the NFL a bit more closely but think Fantasy might be a step too far.
Cheers

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
Looking to start a new dynasty league next season.
Myself and 5 others from an AFL dynasty league over on the saints board where we play for $50 entry over the last 4 years.
Looking for at least 3 to join us.
Anyone interested?

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Random question....the ESPN fantasy app...where the hell do you find the trades/trade bait lists?

I downloaded it coz the website runs like absolute garbage on my tablet...app works great but I've searched for a good ten minutes for the trade department and now the app is shitting me as much as the website.

I wish to try fantasy football in the NFL for the first time

I assume it is like our DreamTeam, but tweaked for NFL stuff

Which is the best free website to use?

ESPN probably for the beginner/new player mate, not as in depth as some of the other fantasy sites but everything is laid out well , you get news vids directly linked to a players profile being on ESPN ... Once you become more familiar with NFL fantasy you'll understand why some of us hate ESPN, but in terms of a beginner who may not be massively familiar with all the players in the NFL, you can't go wrong.

And obviously the main difference from AFL fantasy is that most leagues operate via a draft where only 1 team can own each player. So you won't all have the same players by the end of the year like in AFL fantasy

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
ESPN probably for the beginner/new player mate, not as in depth as some of the other fantasy sites but everything is laid out well , you get news vids directly linked to a players profile being on ESPN ... Once you become more familiar with NFL fantasy you'll understand why some of us hate ESPN, but in terms of a beginner who may not be massively familiar with all the players in the NFL, you can't go wrong.

thanks mate, i had a look, i don't seem to just be able to select players, do i have to be in a draft? can't i just do it like we do AFL Fantasy here?

thanks mate, i had a look, i don't seem to just be able to select players, do i have to be in a draft? can't i just do it like we do AFL Fantasy here?

As above, you'll need to find a league first, pretty sure the site has public league's that fill up in 5 mins this close to the season...if not try again tonight when it's a more American friendly time of day.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
First crack at NFL Fantasy. 12 team league, ppr.
How does this side look?
EA702464-97C1-4030-B542-D8F8540E5A50.jpeg

Also have Jackson as a QB on the bench if Baker stinks it up.

As above, you'll need to find a league first, pretty sure the site has public league's that fill up in 5 mins this close to the season...if not try again tonight when it's a more American friendly time of day.
I did this yesterday. Joined a public league on ESPN. As I was the last team to join the draft started straight away. 90 second picks - all done in about 1 1/2 hours. Pain free really. Figure this is a good way to have a crack for the first time then maybe take it more seriously next year

Sounds like the type of money league worth getting involved in...

Every team in the league put a waiver claim in for him? Or is there more than one * in the league?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sounds like the type of money league worth getting involved in...

Every team in the league put a waiver claim in for him? Or is there more than one ****** in the league?
I had a very bad week two with Carson and Kamara as starters, there is no FAAB, it's a league where probably 50% have no business being in a money league.

I'm nearing completion of my arduous scouting of the 2019 class, and I have to say it's pretty grim. Pretty lackluster class. There are only (literally) a few standouts at most positions and then so much crap after that. And some positions there is actually no one worth drafting, but only for drafting sake, to fill a roster need. There are as always some exquisite gems/sleepers that were late round draftees or UDFAs, as usual, but there's only a few positively elite prospects across the entire class.

Still got your fantasy draft spreadsheet around for Empire this year G?

Back