Discussion Finding your 'whale'

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, it is just a shame that clubs need to resort to this in order to pay the bills... especially in a second tier competition.

That said though... and like I said before, bloody good looking guernsey if you look past the sponsors.
Yeah, but what even is a second tier comp in footy? Unrepresentative swill, to use a Keatingism. Not representative of the community like the local leagues/actual grass roots, and not near as good a spectacle to compete with the AFL. No surpise there's no money to prop their charade up.

My mistake, after checking I realised I have the 2009 away guernsey, not the 2008.
View attachment 271331
No problem, it's good to see the differences up close now! So, thinner V, thinner and lower monogram (probably to fit House Brothers on there!) and the SANFL logo is switched.

On to my next whales.. All Wellington Phoenix home kits before 2013/14 :)
In order of appearance:
84087842.jpg

p2.jpg

3089_14868_2798.jpg

Last edited:
Still wanna get my hands on one of the yellow clash tops with the Red Piping.
Had a few chances to get the "yellow Pura" one but im only interested in the one with the red added.
There was 'Piping Hot Bill Express' and ' Seekam Mortgage House' red versions. And im not sure if the 'Strathfield' sponsored one also had the red piping for a while?
any one of them would do me fine:thumbsu:
xavier-clarke-of-the-saints-in-action-during-the-stkilda-saints-at-picture-id53205524

24s_fraser.jpg

Looks infinitely better from a design standpoint sans red piping and outlines, but obviously isn't true to St Kilda without the red.
Yeah im not saying the one with Red piping is pretty. Its definitely a jumper that only the mother of the designer could love:D
I just like it in a weird kind of way for some unknown reason. A bit like Ken Done paintings in the 80s. Kind off s**t looking but so bright and colorful that i want one:p

Still wanna get my hands on one of the yellow clash tops with the Red Piping.
Had a few chances to get the "yellow Pura" one but im only interested in the one with the red added.
There was 'Piping Hot Bill Express' and ' Seekam Mortgage House' red versions. And im not sure if the 'Strathfield' sponsored one also had the red piping for a while?
any one of them would do me fine:thumbsu:
xavier-clarke-of-the-saints-in-action-during-the-stkilda-saints-at-picture-id53205524

24s_fraser.jpg

Yeah they just reused it as a training jumper in 2004. The move from Sekem to Piping Hot was no more than changing the name on the front of the guernsey. At the end of the day it was still the same factory making it.

Pura Milk / Light Start was 2001, Strathfield 2002, Mortgage House (red piping) 2003

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they just reused it as a training jumper in 2004. The move from Sekem to Piping Hot was no more than changing the name on the front of the guernsey. At the end of the day it was still the same factory making it.

Pura Milk / Light Start was 2001, Strathfield 2002, Mortgage House (red piping) 2003
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Interesting that the club decided to again roll them over for the 2005 season.
That's presumably three seasons of wear out of the same jumper.

Bring on the return of sponsor-mandated jumper colours. I wonder if they'd let that sort of stuff fly?

Of all the country sponsorships, I can see the Lions milk sponsor churning (that word being used specifically) out an absolute all-time howler.

The only two whales left for me now are:

4c07f6_8e8ad8b335b4464da646b268809df044.webp

and

Australia-World-Cup-kit2_LI_tcm133-187644.jpg

If anyone does have either of these I am willing to pay good money to finish my collection, so I can finally post my completed jersey collection on here haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back