CJH

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2000
Belgrave
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I keeping with the high-brow nature of this board, I pose the question on your preferred culinary habits!

I am no fan of Mc Donalds, but I have never even tried Burger king, and wouldn't know where to look to find Burger king. Can you recommend Burger king?

Burger King is the parent company of Hungry Jack's. There are some Burger King stores around Melbourne.

My (bitch) ex-g/f used to work at Hungry Jack's at the airport, and told me that they opened a Burger King there because tourists recognise the Burger King name and not the Hungry Jack's name.

The food and menu were pretty much identical when I last sampled Burger King.

If that is the case, I will have to give it a go. Now, I just need to find where Burger king is. All of this is starting to make me hungry.

Originally posted by CJH
I keeping with the high-brow nature of this board, I pose the question on your preferred culinary habits!

HAHA... great thread - cracked me up.

And GO HUNGRY JACKS (Burger King)

Nothing beats a Whopper with Cheese value meal, with Strawberry Thickshake and Onion Rings...

:p~~~

I beg to differ, Go South.

Nothing beats two bacon deluxes on a $4.25 special voucher - leaves enough room from $10 to get a grilled chicken burger (call me diet conscious if you will) and a large onion rings.

I'll have a medium McChicken McValue meal with fanta instead of coke and a M&M's McFlurry with chocolate topping mixed in thanks...

:D

Mac your day...

The Hitman

burger king/hungry jacks for me .....

bk chicken broiler... or a whopper with cheese (double whopper if u please)... ahh..

onion rings... yummo...

off to lunch now... BK here i come ~

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Darky
I beg to differ, Go South.

Nothing beats two bacon deluxes on a $4.25 special voucher - leaves enough room from $10 to get a grilled chicken burger (call me diet conscious if you will) and a large onion rings.

lol gotta love those special vouchers. :D i go for everything except the large onion rings. EWWW lol just a large strawberry shake instead. :)

Wendy's.

Oh wait, that's an ice cream store there.

I guess I'll go for Burger King, because of the nice two-level facilities downtown which give you the lovely views of Swanston St. :)

Would anyone like a glass of chardonnay with their Whopper?

Interesting bit of trivia: McNuggets are the only item McDonalds make a loss on. They have to have the maximum cooked (24, I think) at any time, but they also have to throw out any food that's been hanging around too long. Because of this, a lot of their nuggets end up being thrown out.

(I got this info from a mate who works at Macca's)

Originally posted by play on
If that is the case, I will have to give it a go. Now, I just need to find where Burger king is. All of this is starting to make me hungry.

You're from the northern suburbs aren't you? There's a new Burgert King at Epping Plaza, might be the closest one to you play on. And they have fish'n'chips (albeit of a poor standard) at Burger King too now!
Personally though nothing beats the chips from KFC!

Originally posted by TheMase

Because they dont own Hungry Jacks :rolleyes:

Um, OK... Fair Enough!

What then is the difference between Hungry Jacks and Burger King? Their product is the same... I just then assumed it was all a part of the same franchise?

Maybe I should stick to my favoriite Red Thai Chicken Curry!:)

Originally posted by Chilli Afterglow

Um, OK... Fair Enough!

What then is the difference between Hungry Jacks and Burger King? Their product is the same... I just then assumed it was all a part of the same franchise?

Maybe I should stick to my favoriite Red Thai Chicken Curry!:)

Chilli if it is anything like Maccas, the stores are opened and owned on a franchise basis. In this case the parent company selling the franchises is Burger King, but the name that most francihses have been opened under here is 'hungry jacks'. Same ingrediants = same menu - but burgers given a different name........ie hungry jacks you get a 'whopper junior' at burger king it called a 'classic burger' or something like that. The lady at burger king at Melbourne airport very unceremonously reprimanded me for ordering a 'hungry's' meal at 'burger king'.....

Oh well.........

I think someone else owned the Oz copyright to the name "Burger King" when they wanted to open the franchise in Oz, so a smaller restaurant chain called "Hungry Jacks" became part of the international Burger King organisation. Its only been recently that the other Burger King has folded or something, so Burger King has started opening restaurants as "Burger King", rather than "Hungry Jacks" in Australia. I think.

Btw, did that make any sense at all?

Back