Fine Dining

What do you prefer?

• McDonalds

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Burger King

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ya.. i saw the fish'n'chips at hungry/bk.... hahaha..

hey, do u guys in melb have Oporto ?? the chain portugese chicken joints?? they have the best chicken burgers... and the best nuggets !!!!

Nandos is similar... but i've had nando burgers twice, and they both really suck.... the chicken fillet is like boiled, with sauce on it..

oporto are grilled/bbq'd to perfection... chilli... ahhh..

Originally posted by OutKast

You're from the northern suburbs aren't you? There's a new Burgert King at Epping Plaza, might be the closest one to you play on. And they have fish'n'chips (albeit of a poor standard) at Burger King too now!
Personally though nothing beats the chips from KFC!

Yes, I am from the Northern suburbs. Epping is a little far to walk to from Coburg, so I will probably go to Burger king in the city, by tram, as I go to the city fairly often. I will probably stck to the fish'n'chips at Coburg. I love the chips at Red rooster.

I just ate 5 pieces of KFC and I feel so off!
Just say no!

Also in this debate I do not think that you are giving proper consideration to the grease factor!

Learn from my mistakes.....
I work for NPWS and took the parks vehicle up to the driveway window at KFC and driving back I put the box on the seat next to me.

LOL Don't ever do that!! We tried everything known to man to get that huge spot out before I signed the car back in but nothing worked. The evidence remains.

Originally posted by joshhem
I used to like Maccas, but they are crap now!!! I swear they have cut the bugers in half, you pay $6 and and it doesn't even fill you up. Burger king/hungry jacks isn't much better, but it seems a little more healthy

the burgers could be halved in size....or you may hve Doubled Joshem !!

either option would explain your lack of satiation.

Satay Mat

mmmm Satays !!

Originally posted by TheMase

Then why are they building new hungry jacks stores, rather than Burger King stores?

Next time your at hungry jacks, check under the packagin of the chips, and look at the copyright :p

I think, though I'm not sure, that Hungry Jacks is a separate company that Burger King international enlisted to sell their products when they found themselves unable to back when they first wanted to open outlets in Oz. I seem to remember Hungry Jacks complaining when Burger King started opening outlets here a couple of years back.

Originally posted by madboy
I think, though I'm not sure, that Hungry Jacks is a separate company that Burger King international enlisted to sell their products when they found themselves unable to back when they first wanted to open outlets in Oz. I seem to remember Hungry Jacks complaining when Burger King started opening outlets here a couple of years back.

Madboy, I think you are right, the problem was with copyright and ownership of the name .

For years the only Burger King in Melbourne was at Tulla airport, because this was deemed not Australian land for the legal argument.

Sorry culinary aficionados you haven't lived till you've had a Carl's Junior burger. I lived on Carl's Junior when I was in California last year and I'm still having withdrawal symptoms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by BomberBoy

Next time your at hungry jacks, check under the packagin of the chips, and look at the copyright :p

Ahh .. you see .. theres an answer for that.

Burger King have the rights to it blah blah .. They have to get the stuff from the same factory.. So they have burger king on there.

Hungry Jacks isnt owned by Burger King!

Ok, I'll clear it all up for you. Hungry Jacks is in fact owned by Burger King Corporation. When Burger King tried to open here as Burger King in the 1980s (I think), their trade mark application for BURGER KING was refused as being too descriptive, and they couldn't show sufficient use in Australia to make it acceptable. Hence, they opened under the name and trade mark HUNGRY JACKS instead. The trade mark HUNGRY JACKS is owned by Burger King Corporation (I can provide proof if necessary!). Burger King has recently been operational at Melbourne Airport (I think since the mid-1990s) because Trade Mark Laws in Australia have changed, so the mark BURGER KING is no longer seen as being totally descriptive and is instead seen as being capable of distinguishing (and they now have more use in Australia to show that the mark is distinctive of the goods and services of Burger King Corporation).

BTW I work for a firm of Patent Attorneys and practise as a Trade Mark Attorney (and am currently studying to obtain my official qualifications).

There's a new Burger king at Parkmore in Keysborough.

THeir food is slightly different to Hungry Jacks, their chicken tenders (nuggets) are brilliant, lengths ahead on any other nuggets.

CHeers

Back