Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Philips Treloar and Stephenson retired? Last I heard we are paying part of their salary to play for other clubs.

We're only paying for Treloar. Phillips and Stephenson got entirely new deals at their respective clubs, the slate has been wiped clean on them.

As for having an issue with paying for Treloar - you really need to start clueing into the fact that the modern league has this happen all the time. Melbourne was still paying for Jack Watts before he retired.

It’s so frustrating when you see threads about a player or topic you have interest in, you start a few pages back to ensure you read all the new content and by the end of the thread you’ve just seen a pointless argument or tit for tat back and forth on irrelevant semantics. Nothing new to the topic at hand worth reading or providing a viewpoint. I wonder why people don’t take these discussions into a private chat and allow others to keep on topic but I guess they feel the need to have others see them win the argument for their own validation.
Was just thinking the same thing...
How is young Finlay tracking?

Personally l think macrae is the pick l am the most looking forward to seeing play
He was the one I was the most excited about. Was rapt when GWS passed on him and Gill read his name out for us. I had him sitting around 10 in my personal ratings.

Gotta love it when the two players drafted that people are most expect to make it, or are excited to see, aren’t even in our top 2 (effective) picks. After counting Reef as top 2, with the club clearly prepared to take him before Finlay.

In Hine we hope...

Would taken Reef before Henry so then put him Number 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love it when the two players drafted that people are most expect to make it, or are excited to see, aren’t even in our top 2 (effective) picks. After counting Reef as top 2, with the club clearly prepared to take him before Finlay.

In Hine we hope...
I think for me reef is a known, and l think he will be a very good player for us.
Macrae, l did not think he would get to us at all, and the little l have seen of him is pure quality

In Hine we hope...
That’s not necessarily true. We could have rated Fin and Henry both in the top 10, and Reef at 12, but if you get a bid at 8 for a player you rate at 12, you don’t pass on him on the off chance that the two other players you rate higher are still there at 17.

In Hine we hope...
Gotta love it when two players slide far enough to make themselves available before the 2 we expected.

We're only paying for Treloar. Phillips and Stephenson got entirely new deals at their respective clubs, the slate has been wiped clean on them.

As for having an issue with paying for Treloar - you really need to start clueing into the fact that the modern league has this happen all the time. Melbourne was still paying for Jack Watts before he retired.

No we don’t need to accept it as the modern league. We signed him for 5 years and then traded him and are forced to pay them for the next 5 years

No we don’t need to accept it as the modern league. We signed him for 5 years and then traded him and are forced to pay them for the next 5 years

Accept it or not, it's likely a much more common occurrence than we're aware.

I have no idea and I don’t pretend to know.

The kids we drafted are probably more likely to be solid contributors to the team than not. After all it’s not often we get 3 or 4 players in the first round.

One thing for sure is that of all the kids we drafted not all will make it. But if we can get 2 really good players out of this draft, then it will be a success.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have no idea and I don’t pretend to know.

The kids we drafted are probably more likely to be solid contributors to the team than not. After all it’s not often we get 3 or 4 players in the first round.

One thing for sure is that of all the kids we drafted not all will make it. But if we can get 2 really good players out of this draft, then it will be a success.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They will all make it. I think Henry, Reef, Macrae, Chugg and McMahon will be stars. McCreery and Ginnivan will both will solid.

Last edited:
They will all make it. I think Henry, Reef, Macrae, Chugg and McMahon will be stars. McCreery and Ginnivan will both will solid.
If we come out with 5 hits then we’ll be set up for the next decade. I hope you’re right Jen! Is there something you don’t like about Henry or did you forget him?

Their progress will have a significant say in our fortunes for the next decade. Even 1 A-grader and a couple of role players would be a positive outcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back