Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

How are last year’s draft crop coming along?
Quite good. Ruscoe is having a great pre-season. Rantall and Bianco seem to have taken an extra step. I sense all three will get opportunities. Rantall has impressed me and Bianco too this summer.

I expect the Irish kid Keane to be a real find. More senior footy this year and I’ve got no doubt he will be that tough Goldsack type of defender and can fill the whole since Langdon’s unfortunate end. Still young and only just been in the system. Excellent upside.
If Kelly can stay on the park this will be an important year in his development and of all our young tall forwards, I think he is the standout. Size, energy, worked hard in his first game. That’s what we want in our forward.
So add in kids from this draft and last draft, I think things can really look up for the pies with a potentially very exciting young list.

Quite good. Ruscoe is having a great pre-season. Rantall and Bianco seem to have taken an extra step. I sense all three will get opportunities. Rantall has impressed me and Bianco too this summer.
Jen, we are so fortunate to have you here. Do you think Rantall is an Adam’s mini me?

Jen, we are so fortunate to have you here. Do you think Rantall is an Adam’s mini me?
Good question. Isn't as rough who will physically hurt the opposition yet, but in terms of in and under work, maybe. Reef seems to be mini pendles, Nick Daicos will be in that mould too. Smart with the ball.

Good question. Isn't as rough who will physically hurt the opposition yet, but in terms of in and under work, maybe. Reef seems to be mini pendles, Nick Daicos will be in that mould too. Smart with the ball.

Reef Reminds me a Fair bit of how De Goey Plays.

Can be a Inside Mid but also be a Dangerous Forward

Gosh the potential for 2 mini Pendles, how amazing would that be

A silver lining to Reef's finger injury is that 100% of his attention can be on developing his endurance for a little while, something he himself said needs work.
thats absolutely right. Once he can run, which won't be too long (Keane was doing some stuff today, even handling the ball with 1 hand -- reef can too soon) he can focus a lot on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will all make it. I think Henry, Reef, Macrae, Chugg and McMahon will be stars. McCreery and Ginnivan will both will solid.
I hope, but not sure about all making it.
I think Macrae & Reef will play games this year and both will be good to very good for us moving forward.
McReery already has a big body and could play this year
Chugg looks good, gets involved and will hopefully make it.
Henry is very clever, but the knock on him is that he does not get a lot of the ball. If he learns to get more involved then he should make it.
McMahon needs to put on weight but is very exciting and could play a game or 2 this year, possibly on a wing, he is 196, quick, a very good mark and keeps moving and leading.
Ginnivan, I feel, is the question mark.
PS Forgot about Poulter has good skills, height but very skinny. His skills and left foot should see him play seniors but probably not this year. How good? who knows.

Last edited:
Why would you do that when you can wait until someone else bids and then use our next pick or a number of picks for him?
I think the point being made was, that if Crows had bid with pick 11, we would have matched and thus him being our first pick. We were lucky it didn't happen as we wouldn't have gotten Henry.

I hope, but not sure about all making it.
I think Macrae & Reef will play games this year and both will be good to very good for us moving forward.
McReery already has a big body and could play this year
Chugg looks good, gets involved and will hopefully make it.
Henry is very clever, but the knock on him is that he does not get a lot of the ball. If he learns to get more involved then he should make it.
McMahon needs to put on weight but is very exiting and could play a game or 2 this year, possibly on a wing, he is 196, quick, a very good mark and keeps moving and leading.
Ginnivan, I feel, is the question mark.
Yeah Ginnivan prob the only one with a question mark. But who knows, its not impossible.

Yeah Ginnivan prob the only one with a question mark. But who knows, its not impossible.

Stephen Milne was taken in the rookie draft at about pick 130 (ND, PSD & RD combined).

Just reading these few pages and you realise how exciting our list is, so many young players with huge potential. I realise not all will make it, but when you have the following all coming through together.....
Keane, Ruscoe, Bianco, Rantall, Reef, Macrae, Henry, McMahon, Poulter, McReery, Chugg, Ginnivan, Kelly, Daicos X 2, Browns x 2, Murphy, Wilson, Noble and hopefully Dib. Even Tohill is starting to understand the game better, Cameron is training well and definitely improving this pre season and Lynch (???).
Throw in IQ, DeGoey, Maynard, Moore, Grundy, Crisp, Adams who all should be there for the next 5 plus seasons. Add that we should also now have a war chest to buy 1 or 2.
Hopefully this season but definitely moving forward, we are starting to look good again.

They will all make it. I think Henry, Reef, Macrae, Chugg and McMahon will be stars. McCreery and Ginnivan will both will solid.

Whoa pump the breaks please! 2014 was the best draft we’ve had in 15 years (06 the other) and we got 3 high level talents. Five stars and 7 hits overall has us with the best draft class ever and there’s no chance the 2020 draft will deliver us that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back