Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked Different Watching the Game

I'm not knocking either of them Dave. Much of that was the due to the work of the Weagles defence after 1/4 time. I thought both were okay.

Saw Finlay Macare at the 2012 AFL Draft

View attachment 1109881

Imagine telling that little boy that, 8 years later, he'd be training alongside Brodie Grundy.

Furthermore, imagine telling Finlay that he'd actually play alongside Grundy.

Lastly, imagine telling Finlay that he and Jackson would have a mutual teammate and that the mutual teammate's name is Jordan Roughead.

Another thing TradeDraft.

Jackson Macrae's draft pick (6) + Finlay's (19) = 25.

Take away the 2 (mutual teammates of Roughead who happen to be half-brothers) and you get 23. (Jordan Roughead's career AFL guernsey number.)

Another thing TradeDraft.

Jackson Macrae's draft pick (6) + Finlay's (19) = 25.

Take away the 2 (mutual teammates of Roughead who happen to be half-brothers) and you get 23. (Jordan Roughead's career AFL guernsey number.)
You should take away the 3 though as Roughead should be included in the which nets you 22 so no coincidence here sorry

You should take away the 3 though as Roughead should be included in the which nets you 22 so no coincidence here sorry

Nah.

I'm keeping it as a Venn diagram.

Of which, Finlay occupies one of the outside spaces.

Don't know how it's a coincidence when it's an observation anyway.

Mk - not everyone is a fan of the endless stream of mind numbingly irrelevant 'statistics' as you are.
Why you even bothered to record disagreement is mind boggling.
Anyway have a great day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks very nervous out there. You can tell a player is nervous when they’re going for uncontested chest marks instead of meeting the ball with out stretched arms

Problem when has no Support around him

only 62% game time...

Give him a rest. Rotate him out, bring Rantall back in

This is how we should introduce all the young players... 2-5 game blocks... depending on how well they hold up

Rotate them out, bring another one in
Yes but 4 games minimum. 2's not enough. They have to be given pressure free blocks of games enough to let the nerves settle and begin to show signs of what they can do.
He is slow as treacle. Needs to do burst sprint training next offseason.

only 62% game time...

Give him a rest. Rotate him out, bring Rantall back in

This is how we should introduce all the young players... 2-5 game blocks... depending on how well they hold up

Rotate them out, bring another one in
Yes, agreed. Fin looked out on his feet in that last 10 mins, but he kept pushing himself and will strengthen with time. Blocks of games in the 1s will push the development of these kids and show what they are capable of.

This kid will be a very handy player moving forward. He had a couple of bad moments today but he’s only a kid. Some second efforts I did notice.
IMO I would keep playing him for the rest of the season, he needs to work up to the tempo of the AFL it won’t happen in the VFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's not quite ready at the moment and as with most kids, their best and worst footy is poles apart and their isn't much in between. Both he and we will benefit enormously from these games he is getting and next season should see him start to really arrive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back