Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
NVkVC0e.png

Welcome to the 2016 FIRA season.

FIRA 2016 is a football kit design competition with all competing teams based in Europe. There is a 12 team league competition, and a separate cup competition, so there are 2 trophies available. I've received a total of 36 entries for the season, with 25 of those aiming to qualify for the league.

all 36 entrants are automatically entered into the cup.

League Qualifiers

The league qualifiers will consist of 3 stages. Home kits will be worn for all qualifiers.

Initially there will be 3 groups of 8 or 9 with the 2 highest voted from each group qualifying for the league.

The remaining teams will be split into 2 groups, again with 2 from each qualifying for the league.

The remaining teams will be all put into a single poll for the last 2 league positions.

More about the league as we come closer to it, but it will be basically what has been posted in previous threads.

FIRA Cup Structure

All 37 teams are automatically entered into the cup. Cup rounds won't be every week, but will be staggered throughout the season with the aim for the cup final to take place just after the league is decided.

After hearing several good arguments on the matter, all teams will use their CUP kits in the cup, whether they qualify for the league or not. If you'd prefer to use your home kit, let me know.

The first round of the cup will now consist of only the 12 teams that QUALIFY for the league. This change has been made to keep the Cup interesting and unique, and stopping the league teams from dominating the cup too early. The teams that progress from this round will be the 6 winners, plus 1 lucky loser, whoever has the narrowest loss.

That will leave us with 32 cup teams, which is perfect for 5 more straight knockout cup rounds.

Last edited:

Your home kit should be your best kit as it will be used by far the most frequently. If it's not, that was bad planning on your behalf.

I'll need a good explanation as to why, which isn't just because.

Your home kit should be your best kit as it will be used by far the most frequently. If it's not, that was bad planning on your behalf.

I'll need a good explanation as to why, which isn't just because.

I am not saying that I would request it myself, rather I was just seeing if it was an option for people as they may not want their home design to feature in the cup where it was not designed with that use in mind.

I am not saying that I would request it myself, rather I was just seeing if it was an option for people as they may not want their home design to feature in the cup where it was not designed with that use in mind.

This is kind of a good point- even if I dont make it Id like my cup kit to be used as my cup kit as I feel abstract and avant garde designs will travel better in the cup than they would week in week out in the league.

I'll make decisions based on requests I get after the qualifying process

Tonight or tomorrow, depending on when I get home from tea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Archers = 0 votes. Why do I bother with this again?

I don't know if the outline (which I'm guessing the is the border of Nottinghamshire?) really has the effect you're looking for. It's not really a recognisable outline so it's hard to tell what it's supposed to be. It also blends in a bit with the background being black on dark grey, giving your kit the look of being a bit tattered on first glimpse. You might have been better off with just the cross design and double green background.

Try imagining your designs on an actual footy player, I think that helps me.. Do you believe now that you would vote for your own design? You have a great interesting colour scheme, there are just better designs IMO..

Don't put yourself down. Look at me I got DQ'ed and I've gone back and re-designed my team and I'm proud of my designs. Its not always about winning its about challenging the big dogs and improving on the designs next time you get the chance. You don't need to get oohs or aahs from people its about fixing the smaller things which improve your quality over time and that's the passion you get from designing.

Klim's nailed it.

It's not about winning (and it's certainly not about cheating to win), it's about having fun, even if it sucks.

My Ibiza Rocks entry, for example, was fun to make but it still kinda sucks a huge turd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back