Competition FIRA 2019 - Season Hub

Just Tonight and tomorrow to get something in for this season. Given the low turnout, I will probably have to reconsider the format of the league, will see the exact number that comes in though before making a call on this.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Just Tonight and tomorrow to get something in for this season. Given the low turnout, I will probably have to reconsider the format of the league, will see the exact number that comes in though before making a call on this.

How many entries do you currently have?
How many are you expecting (people have stated intent to submit, just haven't yet)?

How many entries do you currently have?
How many are you expecting (people have stated intent to submit, just haven't yet)?
I’ve received 7 complete entries at the moment, I’m feeling like ~12 teams is where it will end up.

Probably won't be able to get a cup strip in mate I left it too late and I'm flat out the next five days
Cup won't start until the week after next, but if you can't get one in, you can't get one in.

Wow. That is pretty poor for a big 3 competition, especially with the entry numbers from previous seasons.
Yeah, I think that being in the off season and the board naturally getting older & the newer posters coming in not really being 'competition designers' certainly hurts. Having said that though it still feels really low and I think that I'm gonna need to make some changes for next year or get someone on board who can breathe some new life into it.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Yeah, I think that being in the off season and the board naturally getting older & the newer posters coming in not really being 'competition designers' certainly hurts. Having said that though it still feels really low and I think that I'm gonna need to make some changes for next year or get someone on board who can breathe some new life into it.
The competition itself is great. I can't speak for others but I've run into a bit of designer's block after T20 and ABA. I started some designs but wasn't happy with them and I've run out of time to create something I want to submit.

The competition itself is great. I can't speak for others but I've run into a bit of designer's block after T20 and ABA. I started some designs but wasn't happy with them and I've run out of time to create something I want to submit.

As one of the newer designers around here, I actually agree with what Barrybran said. It's a great competition, but I've 'hit the wall'. I had team names and colours, but I just had nothing when it came to the actual designing. I've felt that way even with the weekly comps, after T20A I've had absolutely nothing when I've tried to come up with ideas.

As one of the newer designers around here, I actually agree with what Barrybran said. It's a great competition, but I've 'hit the wall'. I had team names and colours, but I just had nothing when it came to the actual designing. I've felt that way even with the weekly comps, after T20A I've had absolutely nothing when I've tried to come up with ideas.
TBH, I see this as being a problem for the competition, if there are designers out there capable of submitting an entry and don't because they're a bit stuck for ideas, then the competition isn't enticing enough currently. This doesn't happen for the other 'majors' so it is clearly something that I need to look at solving.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
TBH, I see this as being a problem for the competition, if there are designers out there capable of submitting an entry and don't because they're a bit stuck for ideas, then the competition isn't enticing enough currently. This doesn't happen for the other 'majors' so it is clearly something that I need to look at solving.

Having a design period in the dead part of the AFL offseason probably doesn't help. I imagine the entire forum is a bit down on activity.

I honestly do feel bad for not getting around to finishing anything for this. I ran out of ideas while making an entry for the T20 comp, had a plan for FIRA after I go on holiday, came back from holiday, didn't want to do anything until last week and then lost progress on the Wednesday that pretty much sealed it. I knew where I was gonna place teams and I knew what they were gonna look like and I pretty much knew that, if there was more than 16 entries, my chances weren't high in passing the qualifying stage. Sorry for not getting anything in.

Alright folks, we've managed to get to 14 teams which is a decent effort from where it was, I'll run the competition in the regular format with the first round going up tonight. Also, to those that still need to put together a cup kit for their team or are looking to submit their additional cup team, you now have a week to do so, with the deadline for those being next monday evening.

Here's the League map for the 2019 Season, everyone's hard work has paid off and we have a really high quality competition this year and I can't wait to see how this season plays out because I'm not really sure where everyone will place.
7YcKmIU.png

VOTING IN MATCHDAY ONE IS NOW LIVE: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/fira-league-2019-matchday-one.1211603/

FT just said **** the European mainland. Fancy stuff fancy, I love a good map :thumbsu:

much like shaggy’s powers, mainland europe couldn’t handle even 0.1% of lisboa’s powers so we had to relocate to madeira to make sure we didn’t destroy the continent otherwise there would be no more FIRA.

much like shaggy’s powers, mainland europe couldn’t handle even 0.1% of lisboa’s powers so we had to relocate to madeira to make sure we didn’t destroy the continent otherwise there would be no more FIRA.
meme culture is truly everywhere nowadays...

meme culture is truly everywhere nowadays...

fun fact: i don't actually make any of my designs, i just pray to lord shaggy and the designs just appear on my screen. every win i've ever had, i owe to him.

fun fact: i don't actually make any of my designs, i just pray to lord shaggy and the designs just appear on my screen. every win i've ever had, i owe to him.
I suppose your NAFL flags are, likewise, gifts from Lord Emperor Shaggy?

Back