Competition FIRA 2020 - Announcement Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to give a bit of a status update, I'm just waiting on one more entry to come in and then I'll get the first round kicking off as soon as possible.

Cup should start a week or so after and would still love to see a couple more second entries come in for that side of things to get us up to an easy to manage 16 team knockout! Doesn't need to be anything special, maybe just a recolour of a design from the cutting room floor for your league team with a new logo on the front?
When i get home i'll knock one together

Matchday one will be live later tonight.

EDIT: Should mention too that with 11 teams in the competition this year, there will be a bye for each team. I understand that this means that not every team will get the same number of home matches, I don't think there is really anyone with a massive gap in quality between their home and away kits so it shouldn't factor in too much.

Last edited:
2020 Season Kicks Off
It's that time of year again. The middle of summer, people sending in their finest design work from over the holiday period as we all come back to the board for another year, and its also time for me to remember how to spell Reykjavik all over again (cheers Barrybran ;)), its time for FIRA action!

Here's the map showing off our teams competing from right across Europe for the FIRA League Trophy:
GkKPxy7.png

Matchday One has just kicked off, go vote!

Matchday Two is live:

Also just mentioning that I still need one cup entry to hit a sweet 16 that will give us the fairest competition, so if someone could come up with a secondary cup team, that would be awesome!

Matchday three is up:

Now that each team has at least played one game, lets have a look at how the league table stands

2.png
Also, I have just received the 16th entry for the cup, so that competition should go live sometime tomorrow! Some really awesome designs in there so looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

The FIRA cup for 2020 is here! Remember, no 'goal system' for this competition and all games are straight knockouts, this is just about as tense as FIRA gets! Go have a look at everyone's hard work and have a vote now:

new league table:
3.png
New games to vote in:

its matchday five, and its live!
Here's the standings:
4.png

Last edited:
Berlin and AFC Moskau now starting to open up a bit of a gap between them and the rest of the Competition with the side from the German Capital still undefeated! Plenty of sides waiting for a potential slip up though.
5.png
Matchday Six voting here:

Half way through the season now and things are starting to take shape, things are tight too with just one win separating first and fifth!
6.png
You can vote in matchday seven here:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still tight at the top...
7.png
.... Should be sorted out with a top of the table clash though, Vote Now!

Cup Quarter finals now live:

New Table
8.png
New Round (just 3 left before finals!):

Such a close comp up until this point, still plenty of movement to happen in the 8 I think
9.png
New Round, including a top of the table clash, up now

Going into the last round of the season and Stockholm have stitched up the minor Premiership, but with a double chance in the finals up for grabs and home finals to play for, this is set to be action packed
10.png
Vote now:
The Cup semi's will be up tomorrow

The Semi finals for the cup are now live, 4 fantastic entries, which way these ties go is anyone's guess

For all it's worthy, here my votes:

01. Moskau, 8
-- Schwaben, 8
-- Stockholm, 8
04. Glasgow, 7
05. Parisians, 6

06. Berlin, 5
-- London, 5
08. Sachsen, 3
09. Athina, 2
-- Duisburg, 2
11. Reykjavic, 1

Including Rounds 1 and 2, when I didn't officially voted.

Last edited:
At the end of eleven rounds, here's how the table finishes up. Stockholm finishes first and will play Schwaben at home in the first week of finals while Moskau head to Berlin in the other qualifying final. In the Elimination finals, Sachsen will host Duisburg in an all german showdown with London will play at home against Reykjavik. Unfortunately, this is where we say goodbye to Glasgow, Parisians and Athina, we thank these teams for their participation and hope to see them back next year!
11.png
The Finals will begin tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back