Competition FIRA 2020 - Announcement Thread

2rjQDeT.png

WHAT IS FIRA?
Welcome to FIRA, our European-based footy jumper design competition, for 2020! A quick recap of how FIRA works for those that are unaware or perhaps have forgotten, FIRA is broken up into two competitions, the League and the Cup. The FIRA League competition is a traditional round robin competition that sees every team play off against each other using simply a home kit and an away kit, culminating in a finals series and one team lifting the FIRA premiership trophy. The FIRA cup is a knockout competition that runs alongside the league that sees teams use a special cup kit against other teams from the FIRA League as well as bonus 'cup teams' who are solely focussed on causing an upset and showering themselves in FIRA Cup glory.

WHAT IS REQUIRED?

FIRA is a relatively simple competition to get involved in due to the fact that there is no bidding process unlike most other competitions on the board. You don't have to have a location, nickname or colours chosen weeks before you start designing and all entries will be accepted as long as they meet the tournament requirements.

Firstly you need to come up with an original logo for your team, meaning no recolours or use of existing artwork unless it is something like a national flag where it makes sense (if in doubt, feel free to ask). In addition to your logo you will need a home, away and cup kit for your club. Design guidelines can be found below, your designs though must show the front and back of a guernsey, at least one angle of the shorts and the same for your socks.

In addition to your main team, you are also strongly encouraged to enter an additional side into the cup competition to give yourself another chance at some silverware. These teams require just the cup kit to be submitted and in a change to this year's competition I am waiving the original artwork stipulation on the logo in the hopes that more people will enter one of these teams and liven up the competition.

In terms of where to locate your club, they can be located in any city with a sizeable location within a UEFA nation within reason. I am happy for there to be multiple clubs in large cities like Paris, Rome, London, Madrid etc. so feel free to place your team there, however there is also something to be said for finding somewhere a little obscure and creating a more unique identity.

JOzrUbp.png
The FIRA league logo must appear on all of your uniforms and can be found here in vector form and here for a png file. It is the same one that El_Scorcho designed a couple of years back, so if you already have it, no need to download it again.

HOW DO I ENTER?
All of your images Home kit, Away kit, Cup Kit(s) and logo(s) must be in my inbox before Sunday the 26th of January, so, plenty of time to come up with something. These images must be hosted on an image hosting site such as imgur, photobucket, flickr etc. when PM'ing the link to me, I won't accept anything that has been uploaded directly to bigfooty as they cause issues where they don't appear in match threads. Just something to keep in mind, more-so for newer users, most established posters do this pretty well.

That's pretty much all I have to say for now, hopefully summer holidays for those at school or uni means that we see some more high quality entries into this comp and others on the board. Although you don't have to bid for a team, would be great to hear in this thread from who is thinking of entering and down the line hopefully some teasers for your designs. As always I am happy to answer any questions that you have either here on in a PM.

putting together a bit of a mass tag for folks that have not yet submitted or posted in this thread, not sure these still work, so let me know if you get it.

exile ScottFreo The Victorian Dylan8 Bacon Warrior FootyGuy13 Andonis1997 Cody_ Sparkle muggsy26 cannavo Spanna_ Nickimus Rex sjohnson Don_Kay cottoneyeYeo just_kick_it Rubber Arm Prison bar Pete The Half Back

probably forgotten a couple of folks, but just a list off the top of my head of folks that might be interested in a little bit of competition action. Got until the 26th to come up with something so plenty of time! :)

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
putting together a bit of a mass tag for folks that have not yet submitted or posted in this thread, not sure these still work, so let me know if you get it.

exile ScottFreo The Victorian Dylan8 Bacon Warrior FootyGuy13 Andonis1997 Cody_ Sparkle muggsy26 cannavo Spanna_ Nickimus Rex sjohnson Don_Kay cottoneyeYeo just_kick_it Rubber Arm Prison bar Pete The Half Back

probably forgotten a couple of folks, but just a list off the top of my head of folks that might be interested in a little bit of competition action. Got until the 26th to come up with something so plenty of time! :)
Yeah sorry mate but I’m not in the position to enter this year.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
fancyscum Is it permissible to have white shorts for home and coloured for away? I'm tryna catch that soccer vibe with my kit.
Apologies if this is written somewhere, I may be blind.

fancyscum Is it permissible to have white shorts for home and coloured for away? I'm tryna catch that soccer vibe with my kit.
Apologies if this is written somewhere, I may be blind.
Obviously will depend on the design, but as long as one kits is clearly dark and the other is clearly light, then I don’t have an issue.

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would love to enter but I have no longer have a Photoshop subscription; I'll have to sort something out so I can enter next season.

Back