Competition FIRA 2021 - Season Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

lA4AHV1.png

kIr4P19.png

Welcome to the new and improved FIRA for 2021!

WHAT IS FIRA?

FIRA is traditionally our European-based footy jumper design competition on the board, and it has received a massive revamp for 2021! FIRA this year will be broken up into two distinct competitions, the FIRA League and the FIRA European Cup. The FIRA league this season will be moving to a UK and Ireland based competition. Fear not though, you are still able to enter a team from the continent in the newly rebranded FIRA European Cup! This competition will take its format from the real life UEFA Champions League competition with a group stage leading into a knockout tournament, all culminating in the European Cup Final as the finale to the season. The top teams from the FIRA League will also qualify themselves for European football next season, just like Premier League sides would in real life, so there is plenty to play for.

WHAT IS REQUIRED?

FIRA is a relatively simple competition to get involved in
due to the fact that there is no strict bidding process unlike most other competitions on the board. Having said this though, it is highly encouraged that given the changes to competition this season you post your team location in this thread. This allows others and myself to get a good feel for the distribution of teams and prevent certain markets from becoming overcrowded, as well as letting me to know that you are interested in entering and I don't start without you!

You need to come up with Home and away uniforms for your League team as well as a club logo, these uniforms must have an adequate contrast (1 light and 1 dark) to my satisfaction. If you choose a light home kit, please be aware that you are likely to wear it for most of the season to prevent clashes, I will endeavour to give your dark guernsey a good run in this instance, but I can't make any promises. European Cup teams require just a single uniform and a club logo and will feature the new logo. Design guidelines can be found below, your designs must show the front and back of a guernsey, at least one angle of the shorts and the same for your socks. Big change this year is the move of the sponsor from the back to the front, this will create unique look for the competition compared to other comps on the board, and will provide an interesting design challenge as to if/how you integrate your sponsor.

NUPomTr.png

The Correct competition logo must be used on your guernseys and can be found here in vector form and here for a png file. There have been minor tweaks to the League logo and the cup logo is completely new, so please download. You may recolour the European cup logo, but please have the ball and stroke a contrasting colour to whatever is behind it like is shown above.

Be0D8fK.png

I expect people to submit a League team as well as a cup team (this ends up to be the same workload as what you would do for CAN-AM and less than the NAFL if you were someone that came up with 2 teams there) but would highly encourage people to explore a second European side to get us to a full 32 team group stage. I know it is ambitious, but I know we are capable of making it happen.

In terms of where to locate your club, your League team must be located somewhere in one of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. I am also happy to have teams in any of the dependencies as long as they are in the British Isles (no teams in some island way off that is technically still the UK please). As for your European side(s) they must be located somewhere in Europe that isn’t one of the Countries listed above (look to UEFA member nations, but check with me if you are not sure about a particular country.)

HOW DO I SUBMIT?

All of your images must be in my inbox before Sunday the 3rd of January 2021,
so you have the rest of the year to design for this exciting competition. These images must be hosted on an image hosting site such as imgur, photobucket, flickr etc and then PM’ed to me. DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR ENTRY DIRECTLY TO BIGFOOTY, images uploaded to private messages are not able to be posted in public threads, please make it easy for me by uploading to one of the sites listed above and sending me the link. Any questions about anything that hasn't been covered in this post can be posted below or hit me with a message and I am happy to give you an answer.

Hope that you all embrace the new changes to the competition this year and happy designing!

In 2015 for the first FIRA season (when it was a worldwide comp) I made this using trusty old MS Paint.
6C184CF0-C047-49DE-80D3-E62820089942.png
Clockwise from top left: Home, Clash, Heritage (British Antarctic Territory), Location

Over 5 years later, we’ll be back better than ever...

I support this change tbh, very keen. Might bring back the Blizzards who I had in the first FIRA season if I’m not mistaken, will almost certainly move them from London though if I do.
I should have mentioned this above, but I will say that I won't be accepting any team with the name 'London' besides if Craegus wants it, as he has an existing franchise with that name. This has been done to encourage people to look at locating their team in a particular part of the city, and not just being a general London club.

As a result, I will be retiring my London City franchise and will be entering the league with 'Hackney Borough' this season.

Last edited:
I should have mentioned this above, but I will say that I won't be accepting any team with the name 'London' besides if Craegus wants it, as he has an existing franchise with that name. This has been done to encourage people to look at locating their team in a particular part of the city, and not just being a general London franchise.

As a result, I will be retiring my London City franchise and will be entering the league with 'Hackney Borough' this season.
Yeah that was my line of thinking, just torn on whether to go for a specific area of London or another city itself

As long as its not a QPR clone, I am cool with this (pardon the pun)
The colours are going to be that light blue colour and black, maybe also some white on the away. Location purely chosen because I’m a QPR fan but it won’t be a clone at all, more just an evolution of the London Blizzards brand so it should be fine 👍🏼

I should have mentioned this above, but I will say that I won't be accepting any team with the name 'London' besides if Craegus wants it, as he has an existing franchise with that name. This has been done to encourage people to look at locating their team in a particular part of the city, and not just being a general London club.

Fancy already knows this, but I will not be bringing the London Union back.

Sadly for me, my nearly finished team for this season is not eligible due to being based in mainland Europe, and is unable to be relocated easily due to the design. I may utilise the Cup kit though if I decide to modify it to meet the guidelines.

So I am not 100% confirming an entry into this as of now, but if I do, it is looking like I may base it in Dublin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh wait this is UK only? I'm disappointed, was looking forward to this. Probs won't enter after all, I had a kit set out and everything, can't really continue with the brand identity for another city :(
The FIRA League is UK based, but the European Cup is where you can enter Berlin.

This was my main reason for opening the competition early this year (November as opposed to December) to try and limit the amount of people that this change has effected. I do want to say sorry for any inconvenience caused to anyone that may have developed multiple kits for a European based team though.

Can we enter in just one comp, or are we encouraged to enter a team in both?
Absolutely you can! I would love to see the vast majority of people enter both comps, that's three guernseys which I think is doable for most people in 2 months.

Hey, I'm new here

I was wondering about entering. I've had a solid amount of experience in jersey designs, as a hobby.
If I could please:
FIRA Cup: Vatican City
FIRA League: Dartmouth

thanks
If I should bugger off, please do say so.
Welcome! For sure, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

LOVE this concept. It'll really capture the full European experience.

I'll be submitting FC Duisburg again for the European Cup, and if you need extra teams I can revisit III. Monchengladbach as well.

I've previously used the Birmingham Bears as my primary team but in the spirit of the local league, i'll go for a smaller locality within Birmingham, probably Sutton Coldfield or Selly Oak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back