Competition FIRA 2021 - Season Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to everyone who has got their entries in so far, loving what I am seeing at the moment with everyone really embracing the new format.

Here's the state of play at the moment, just waiting for one or two guys to send in their entries and then we should have enough entries where I am comfortable to start, so I will still be accepting stuff until I have got stuff from those guys. Will probably need a couple more cup entries to level out the groups without having to do some weird system, so if I could have cup teams (or second cup teams from those who have already put together a first) that would be greatly appreciated, I will cut submissions off once I get to 16 though, just a heads up.

Tagging folks who haven't got involved thus far that I think could be interested, but will accept an entry from anyone! It is just a single jumper, a team anywhere in Europe.
Fizzler cannavo Dylan8 The Victorian The Cheesecake muggsy26 Spanna_

I'm a bit rusty, so if anyone else wants in ahead of me, go for it, but I'd be keen to give it a shot. The Tromso Ice would like to make a bid for the FIRA European Cup
It's first in, best dressed at this stage. Get Designing!

Just a heads up that I now have the required amount of cup entries, and submissions for that are now closed. We should be ready to get underway this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matchday two is live now for the league, vote:

NOTE: I'll be waiting until the end of this round to post the first ladder of the season as not everyone has played a game yet.

First Ladders of the year, a couple of early wins to Hackney and Sutton Coldfield see them break away in a table with 5 unbeaten teams to this point in the league. Whilst in the cup, big double digit wins from BringBackTheAnchor , El_Scorcho , just_kick_it and Nickimus Rex see them take early leads in the race to the quarter finals.

The next rounds for both competitions will be up later today.

Round-2.png
1.png

New tables for both competitions. In the league things remain pretty similar, only Sutton Coldfield take top spot on goal difference and Cork jump from bottom into the 6 with a big win. In the cup, with two of the three matches now played in the group stages, we see our first teams qualifying for the quarter finals and others no longer being able to get into those top two spots in their groups. The group to watch in the final matchday has to be group A, where that draw between Duisburg and Kazan means no team is through as of yet and so it all comes down to the last game there.

Round-3.png
2.png

New poll for the league will go live tonight.

New League table:
Round-4.png

New threads:

Fancy, an idea for next year, what a about a premier league-style relation/promotion thing with a much shorter season? Have no idea how it would work at this point though
There just isn't the numbers to make pro/rel work. There is kind of promotion with the ability to qualify your League side for the cup competition of the following season. Not sure I have made a formal announcement about this, but the semi finalists will all get qualification to next year's tournament with their home kit. Provides a bit of a long term objective to the competition to try and win the cup with your League team.

There just isn't the numbers to make pro/rel work. There is kind of promotion with the ability to qualify your League side for the cup competition of the following season. Not sure I have made a formal announcement about this, but the semi finalists will all get qualification to next year's tournament with their home kit. Provides a bit of a long term objective to the competition to try and win the cup with your League team.
Yeah it would be tough, and you would need constant buy-in etc from designers. Still a cool concept and I applaud all the work you're putting in :)

The fight for spots in the 6 of the league continues with Cork and Brixton moving up this week, while Sutton Coldfield remains on top on points now following Hackney's bye. In the cup, the group stage concluded and the top 2 teams in each group that will progress have been decided.

The quarter finals will see a first placed team host a second placed team, and teams from the same designer facing each other at the first available opportunity. This means that Stockholm and Kazan will face off in the quarter finals, while Duisburg and 'Gladbach will face off against each other in the semis (should they both advance), as they are both first placed teams. The draw will take place later on in the season.

Round-5.png
3.png

New Poll here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/fira-league-2021-matchday-six.1254035/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back