Poll FIRA League 2021 - Matchday One

Poll will last for 3 days, please don't vote for yourself

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
XcMBU8P.png

Welcome to the FIRA League for 2021, a change in the rules for this competition sees 11 new teams enter for a chance at the title. This competition will use the 3 votes=1 goal system from last year to determine winners. The odd amount of teams also means that everyone will get a bye during the season.

the first team to have a rest will be Barrybran's Durham Saints

Liverpool Shags v Brixton AFC
50659706666_f601a0497f_b.jpg

ZrnTMCn.jpeg

Hackney Borough v Keswick Forest
wHS8bck.png

617aeffb47a99478d03c4e20ce7b371ef363b1d6.jpg

Sutton Coldfield v Cork FC

SNuiF93.jpg

GQLGAlY.png

Isle of Man v AFC Bath
9N336p9.jpg

BathAwayRioli8217(1).png

Cheshire Cats v Dublin Football club
lu36zp8.png

P3MSwnZ.jpg

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
To be honest, I think the realistic template actually hinders this design, in my opinion. I personally would have loved a flat template to show off the great design a bit better.

Maybe even more shading on the template could do the trick?

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
To be honest, I think the realistic template actually hinders this design, in my opinion. I personally would have loved a flat template to show off the great design a bit better.

Yeah doing an artistic template with a photo base template is a difficult thing to get looking "right"

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Yeah doing an artistic template with a photo base template is a difficult thing to get looking "right"
The cup kit works so well with the template though, so I have no qualms about the template with dark guernseys.

It did cross my mind especially since this template was my quickest to date (maybe since I've learnt and become very good at making the graphic pen-style templates now), but it's been my endeavour to develop a sort of "brand" or continuity between all my designs on FJGD and I figured I'd push through (3 footy templates and 1 cricket!). The idea being I'll just have these three for footy that I'll use in differing ways and further develop for a while now. I mainly wanted to emulate what Scorch had going on for his Sydney Australians where he had the flat template supplementary to the photo-realistic template.

This one in particular was created just after Scorch's brilliant tutorial on shading and stuff on his realistic photo templates, so I wanted to leave that as an avenue to grow and develop for future competitions since this one was all but complete.

There was actually far more shading, but I didn't want to disrupt the colour/light balance so much because this kit with the presentation is meant to be blindingly white/light. I decided to turn shading down and remove some of it so that the look of the whole kit remained bright, besides my shading was pretty primitive shapes.

Thanks for the feedback lads!

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
The cup kit works so well with the template though, so I have no qualms about the template with dark guernseys.
Yeah true
It is still beating an Umbro in Bath (me).
A manufacturer surely doesn't singlehandedly win or lose.
I presume it's the design and presentation that wins it
Thought about re-uploading it to Imgur or something? Just to get rid of that watermark?

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
It did cross my mind especially since this template was my quickest to date (maybe since I've learnt and become very good at making the graphic pen-style templates now), but it's been my endeavour to develop a sort of "brand" or continuity between all my designs on FJGD and I figured I'd push through (3 footy templates and 1 cricket!). The idea being I'll just have these three for footy that I'll use in differing ways and further develop for a while now. I mainly wanted to emulate what Scorch had going on for his Sydney Australians where he had the flat template supplementary to the photo-realistic template.

This one in particular was created just after Scorch's brilliant tutorial on shading and stuff on his realistic photo templates, so I wanted to leave that as an avenue to grow and develop for future competitions since this one was all but complete.

There was actually far more shading, but I didn't want to disrupt the colour/light balance so much because this kit with the presentation is meant to be blindingly white/light. I decided to turn shading down and remove some of it so that the look of the whole kit remained bright, besides my shading was pretty primitive shapes.

A slight black outer glow may very well fix this quickly

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken

Mate I love your concepts.

On my Republik one I played with my own type of shading instead of using the tutorial. I actually used the shading from my old template and warped to match - then added additional shading as required
Another tip which I think people would find useful is to mark the angles of the jersey (numbers and logos) with a cross or similar so that you understand the perspective, then match that completely with new designs.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
It is still beating an Umbro in Bath (me).
A manufacturer surely doesn't singlehandedly win or lose.
I presume it's the design and presentation that wins it
Oh im not talking about the matchup itself, it's a fantastic kit, more that I was the only one who went with Admiral.

Oh im not talking about the matchup itself, it's a fantastic kit, more that I was the only one who went with Admiral.
whoops.

ig it's a point of difference and that you aren't really compared to other teams kits by brand so it's a good thing to be unique. But this is my first comp so idk s**t

Back