Toast Firrito

Remove this Banner Ad

Was terrific, and unfortunately he copped the one game Buddy wasn't getting smashed by the umpires.

Very good game from Spud, can hold his head high. Clearly a North person through and through and doesn't deserve half the flak he gets on here (yes he does fudge a few things up every now and then).

He's been a great club man but he's had a shocking year overall. Not sure that can really be disputed.

Spud could have been playing for his career and played like it. One of our best players who really stood up in a very depleted backline.

Nice call. Just about to start this thread myself.

As a firm and continual backer of Spud against the tide on here, it was fantastic for him to show what he do. Especially to show up those who thought he had nothing to offer, including those tools who were making fun of him.

Well done Spud :thumbsu:

He's been a great club man but he's had a shocking year overall. Not sure that can really be disputed.

Absolute rubbish.

Spud played some very good games early in the season. Tailed off for sure hence demotion sure, but people have short memories obviously.

Atley's year (as just one example) has been more "shocking" for mine, had repeated terrible games but his youth card gets him through. I love Ats and what he might bring one day, but the hypocrisy is poor.

This. Good today, but I'd be disturbed if we were making list management decisions on him off one game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute rubbish.

Spud played some very good games early in the season. Tailed off for sure hence demotion sure, but people have short memories obviously.

Atley's year (as just one example) has been more "shocking" for mine, had repeated terrible games but his youth card gets him through. I love Ats and what he might bring one day, but the hypocrisy is poor.

It's not rubbish at all. He has looked well past it this season and really shouldn't go around again. Atley is 20 years old and has been learning to handle a tag after he was excellent in 2012. He'll be a better player for this year and why you've compared him to a veteran Spud has me baffled.

As for Spud playing some very good games early in the season, I assume you have a fetish for giving away stupid frees and 50s.

It's not rubbish at all. He has looked well past it this season and really shouldn't go around again. Atley is 20 years old and has been learning to handle a tag after he was excellent in 2012. He'll be a better player for this year and why you've compared him to a veteran Spud has me baffled.

As for Spud playing some very good games early in the season, I assume you have a fetish for giving away stupid frees and 50s.

It is rubbish. His first part of year was fine, including some near BOGs, then lost form. I'd say he was very poorly matched up at times by Scott which contributed to his demotion (which was required as per McMahon who was worse)

I wasn't comparing directly to Atley due to age, but point being Atley has been poor. May upset some of the fan club but that is his 2013 year - where are his critics? They are all playing at the top level so need to perform, not make all the excuses as it's bullshit. If they don't perform, they shouldn't play. Should Boomer be delisted after a few bad games?

Spud made some terrible blunders I agree, but so have other players - why he is singled out so much is like seagulls going for the last hot chip on a pier so yes, it also "baffles" me.

Played really well.

I'm not sure where to post this. I've always liked Buddy as a player, but gees he was a twat today. Anyone gets away with the pushes in the back if they can, but the gesture at the North supporters was classless - and as for that staging when Lachie was pushing him. Embarrassing. Glad everyone noticed it.

Played really well.

I'm not sure where to post this. I've always liked Buddy as a player, but gees he was a twat today. Anyone gets away with the pushes in the back if they can, but the gesture at the North supporters was classless - and as for that staging when Lachie was pushing him. Embarrassing. Glad everyone noticed it.

Surely that is worth a fine.

Played really well.

I don't (like him) but agree he was a complete twat today. Continually belted our boys behind the play, got at least 3 BS goals from clear shoves and his acting effort with Hansen was pathetic. At the post match function one of the supporters said to Lachie "Thanks for giving it to Buddy, I can't stand him", The Mo Man's response - "no worries, he deserved it" Lol!

Sent from my Samsung iPhone using Tapatalk 4

Played really well.

"Buddy" has been carrying on like a w***er all year.

Like you I used to like and respect him even though not Nth, but again, not this year as he has lost me. But I genuinely dislike Hawks more than *Bombers - I just hope they don't win the GF. I'm barracking for Freo at this stage.

whatever!! he is gone.

So many better.

Maybe he just needed a rest.. we should retain him next year... dont promise him regular games... one of the few that can lay a solid tackle....
1 year contract as a depth player....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back