CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
First bands for Big Day Out have been annouced today...

Metallica, The Strokes, A Perfect Circle, The Dandy Warhols, The Mars Volta, The Flaming Lips, Basement Jaxx, Aphex Twin, Black Eyed Peas, Peaches, The Hoodoo Gurus, Something for Kate, The Datsuns, Gerling, Jet, Trey, Downsyde, Magict Dirt and The Butterfly Effect...

Looking forward to Metallica, Strokes, Datsuns, a few more of them. Looks good so far...

If Iggy and the Stooges do make the final line up I wonder if Jet will be game enough to show up?:D
It'd be good for Iggy if they did he could collect his royalities in person.

Not bad, although they'll have to do better to get my $95.

Two of those have broken up!

Aphex Twin (although he released 'Druqs' last year)
Hoodoo Gurus, now kind of existing through the Persian Rugs

Was this off the BDO site? Or from the Herald Sun? ;)

Knowing my luck all bands will come to Perth except The Strokes, Dandies and the Flaming Lips.
OR
They will play at the same time on different stages.

Originally posted by CarterS
First bands for Big Day Out have been annouced today...

Metallica, The Strokes, A Perfect Circle, The Dandy Warhols, The Mars Volta, The Flaming Lips, Basement Jaxx, Aphex Twin, Black Eyed Peas, Peaches, The Hoodoo Gurus, Something for Kate, The Datsuns, Gerling, Jet, Trey, Downsyde, Magict Dirt and The Butterfly Effect...

Looking forward to Metallica, Strokes, Datsuns, a few more of them. Looks good so far...

Zzzzzz.

The only decent band there is "The Dandy Warhols" and maybe "A Perfect Circle", the rest are just dull.

Is it just me that doesn't like Magic Dirt? I find Adalita's voice really annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a ****house list. Bring back the days when bands such as Rage would come up. Bugger all this "pop rock" crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back