First club to 17 premierships?

Who will be the first club to 17 premierships?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GiantHawk

Draftee
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
As per the thread title.

The only real contenders are:
Carlton - 16 premierships
Essendon - 16 premierships
Collingwood - 15 premierships
Hawthorn - 13 premierships
Melbourne - 12 premierships
Richmond - 12 premierships

Can Essendon or Carlton win a premiership before Collingwood win 2, Hawthorn win 4 or either Melbourne or Richmond win 5?

As per the thread title.

The only real contenders are:
Carlton - 16 premierships
Essendon - 16 premierships
Collingwood - 15 premierships
Hawthorn - 13 premierships
Melbourne - 12 premierships
Richmond - 12 premierships

Can Essendon or Carlton win a premiership before Collingwood win 2, Hawthorn win 4 or either Melbourne or Richmond win 5?
No matter the state of each team, it’s like starting a match 3 goals down.

Richmond can win another one, maybe 2.

The most likely clubs to get to 17 first are the ones closest to 17.

Hawthorn probably. No one would’ve thought they’d beat Melbourne to 13 flags, when the count was 12-1 against them, but they did. No club is winning flags as often as Hawthorn are.

Melbourne will always have 2018, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before Saturday's game we were discussing how much each team had. Most had Richmond in single digits.

Whereas everyone knew Essendon and Carlton on 16. (some thought Collingwood were on 16 too)
Fair enough.
Seems odd to me. Obviously people will know who's on top so most likely to get those two right.
But Richmond having been on 10 since 1980, I don't see why most would have them in single digits.

Still to win 4 more when Carlton or Essendon only have one to go, I think Carlton are on the up a bit.
It's easy to say that when a team is rebuilding but then we've seen so many failed rebuilds over the years, or successful ones that still didn't get a flag.
So you just can't tell.
A lot has to go right to get one.
Most would have had the dees as most likely to get the next flag out of them, blues and Essendon at the end of 2018 but now are reconsidering.
But they could also rise straight back up.

And that's why I'm sitting on the fence :D

Probably wont be Richmond...we win in batches of 5.

17,19,??,??,??

Then we have a break for a few decades before the next 5....We might be first to 20 sometime around 2050 though :)

It's easy to say that when a team is rebuilding but then we've seen so many failed rebuilds over the years, or successful ones that still didn't get a flag.
So you just can't tell.
A lot has to go right to get one.
Most would have had the dees as most likely to get the next flag out of them, blues and Essendon at the end of 2018 but now are reconsidering.
But they could also rise straight back up.

And that's why I'm sitting on the fence :D
Yeah I know what you mean, but I do think Carlton under Teague look the best I’ve seen in years. Who knows.

Back