First club to 17 premierships?

Who will be the first club to 17 premierships?

• Total voters

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fadge magic logic. Fadgic.

Fadgic states your are an all time dynasty if you merely make finals in an unbroken run but oh wait, it can be broken for one year if you are a team deemed by Fadgic to be worthy, then he will fit you in somehow. But a team making top 4 is not in contention. 😂😂😂

Tradgic. 😉
Riddle me this...

If Richmond win the next three flags, do we consider their dynasty period as 2017 to 2024, or

Two separate dynasties - 2017 to 2020, and 2022 to 2024, or

As some have suggested, it is only a dynasty if consecutive Premierships are won, meaning two separate dynasties 2019/20 and 2022 to 2024.

I favour the former, but hey, that's just me...

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Riddle me this...

If Richmond win the next three flags, do we consider their dynasty period as 2017 to 2024, or

Two separate dynasties - 2017 to 2020, and 2022 to 2024, or

As some have suggested, it is only a dynasty if consecutive Premierships are won, meaning two separate dynasties 2019/20 and 2022 to 2024.

I favour the former, but hey, that's just me...

You know my positions on these things from the other thread, but not gifted with Fadgic like your good self, I feel the need to stick to the same principles regardless of what thread I am posting on.

Meteoric Rise on every thread: You truly contend if you are truly competitive with the Premier in the finals in a given year. And your Premiership in 2008 is related to your Premierships in 2013-14-15 to the extent that it is related, ie 8 players and same coach.

Fadgic on every thread: If his chosen teams achieve something it is automatically defined as qualifying as a dynasty, in contention etc etc. If his teams of lesser gods achieve something it is automatically a lesser achievement, of course. Lesser opponents, less in contention, lesser dynasty, LOL LOL LOL. 😂😂😂

Fadgic on dynasty thread: A club who makes top 4 is automatically in contention and Meteoric Rise is off his head for ever questioning that dogma.

Fadgic on first club to 17 thread: Richmond never contended in their 35 year run without a Grand Final appearance, DESPITE finishing in the top 4 after finals twice. 😱😱😱😱😱

I love your fadgic. Got any more? 😍😍

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You know my positions on these things from the other thread, but not gifted with Fadgic like your good self, I feel the need to stick to the same principles regardless of what thread I am posting on.

Meteoric Rise on every thread: You truly contend if you are truly competitive with the Premier in the finals in a given year. And your Premiership in 2008 is related to your Premierships in 2013-14-15 to the extent that it is related, ie 8 players and same coach.

Fadgic on every thread: If his chosen teams achieve something it is automatically defined as qualifying as a dynasty, in contention etc etc. If his teams of lesser gods achieve something it is automatically a lesser achievement, of course. Lesser opponents, less in contention, lesser dynasty, LOL LOL LOL. 😂😂😂

Fadgic on dynasty thread: A club who makes top 4 is automatically in contention and Meteoric Rise is off his head for ever questioning that dogma.

Fadgic on first club to 17 thread: Richmond never contended in their 35 year run without a Grand Final appearance, DESPITE finishing in the top 4 after finals twice. 😱😱😱😱😱

I love your fadgic. Got any more? 😍😍
Great work quoting me on things I have NEVER said.

But why let the truth get in the way of a cool story?

Oh, and in true Meteoric Ruse fashion, you failed to answer the question at hand...

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Great work quoting me on things I have NEVER said.

But why let the truth get in the way of a cool story?

Oh, and in true Meteoric Ruse fashion, you failed to answer the question at hand...

You have asked me a question to which you already knew my answer. Despite this, I still told you the principle I follow on the matter for the benefit of others here. And despite this you of all people are saying I failed to answer the question….whilst trying to make out your position on top 4 finishes being in contention hasn’t shifted shape between threads and over time depending on what barrow you are trying to push at the time. You who will never give a straight answer to a question, you the master purveyor of fadgic, that very special brand of fadge magic logic, you you you. 😂😂😂

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You have asked me a question to which you already knew my answer. Despite this, I still told you the principle I follow on the matter for the benefit of others here. And despite this you of all people are saying I failed to answer the question….whilst trying to make out your position on top 4 finishes being in contention hasn’t shifted shape between threads and over time depending on what barrow you are trying to push at the time. You who will never give a straight answer to a question, you the master purveyor of fadgic, that very special brand of fadge magic logic, you you you. 😂😂😂
OK, so post my quote where I have ever said 'finishing top 4 means you are a contender'.

Because I have never believed that, and have never said it.

So stop making shite up.

(Unfortunately it means that we actually agree on what constitutes a contender. I might have to take a good, hard look at myself...)

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Premiership contenders since 2000:
2000 - Essendon
2001 - Brisbane, Essendon
2002 - Brisbane, Collingwood, Adelaide, Port Adelaide
2003 - Brisbane, Collingwood, Port Adelaide
2004 - Port Adelaide, Brisbane, St. Kilda, Geelong
2005 - Sydney, West Coast, Adelaide, St. Kilda
2006 - West Coast, Sydney, Adelaide
2007 - Geelong, Port Adelaide, Collingwood, West Coast
2008 - Hawthorn, Geelong
2009 - Geelong, St. Kilda, Western Bulldogs
2010 - Collingwood, St. Kilda, Geelong, Western Bulldogs
2011 - Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn
2012 - Sydney, Hawthorn, Adelaide
2013 - Hawthorn, Fremantle, Geelong
2014 - Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong, Fremantle, Port Adelaide
2015 - Hawthorn, West Coast, Fremantle, Sydney
2016 - Western Bulldogs, Sydney, GWS, Adelaide, West Coast, Hawthorn, Geelong
2017 - Richmond, Adelaide, GWS, Geelong
2018 - West Coast, Collingwood, Richmond
2019 - Richmond, GWS, Collingwood, Geelong, Brisbane, West Coast
2020 - Richmond, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Brisbane, West Coast
2021 - Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Brisbane

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Premiership contenders since 2000:
2000 - Essendon
2001 - Brisbane, Essendon
2002 - Brisbane, Collingwood, Adelaide, Port Adelaide
2003 - Brisbane, Collingwood, Port Adelaide
2004 - Port Adelaide, Brisbane, St. Kilda, Geelong
2005 - Sydney, West Coast, Adelaide, St. Kilda
2006 - West Coast, Sydney, Adelaide
2007 - Geelong, Port Adelaide, Collingwood, West Coast
2008 - Hawthorn, Geelong
2009 - Geelong, St. Kilda, Western Bulldogs
2010 - Collingwood, St. Kilda, Geelong, Western Bulldogs
2011 - Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn
2012 - Sydney, Hawthorn, Adelaide
2013 - Hawthorn, Fremantle, Geelong
2014 - Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong, Fremantle, Port Adelaide
2015 - Hawthorn, West Coast, Fremantle, Sydney
2016 - Western Bulldogs, Sydney, GWS, Adelaide, West Coast, Hawthorn, Geelong
2017 - Richmond, Adelaide, GWS, Geelong
2018 - West Coast, Collingwood, Richmond
2019 - Richmond, GWS, Collingwood, Geelong, Brisbane, West Coast
2020 - Richmond, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Brisbane, West Coast
2021 - Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Brisbane

Lol, Geelong are contenders in 2017 and 2021 despite getting absolutely sh1tmixed in 2 separate finals, one even by a team who couldn’t get within 12 goals of winning a Prelim to a team who couldn’t get within 12 goals of the Premier. Stop it. No no no I apologise unreservedly, I take that back. Please give us more of your fadgic. 😍😍😍😍

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol, Geelong are contenders in 2017 and 2021 despite getting absolutely sh1tmixed in 2 separate finals, one even by a team who couldn’t get within 12 goals of winning a Prelim to a team who couldn’t get within 12 goals of the Premier. Stop it. No no no I apologise unreservedly, I take that back. Please give us more of your fadgic. 😍😍😍😍
Given they were premiership favourites in each of those years at certain stages, yes.

Remind me as to the betting in the Preliminary Final between Melbourne and Geelong, and also what that margin was at half time in the round 23 match between Geelong and the eventual premiers?

The cats were a kick after the siren in the last home and away game from finishing top of the ladder, FFS.

Some people have very short (and/or selective) memories.

If Geelong weren't contenders in 2021, neither were Richmond in 2018. Is that what you're saying? Because I'm not.

But of course, it's all about margins. And scoring shots. And scoring accuracy...

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Given they were premiership favourites in each of those years at certain stages, yes.

Remind me as to the betting in the Preliminary Final between Melbourne and Geelong, and also what that margin was at half time in the round 23 match between Geelong and the eventual premiers?

The cats were a kick after the siren in the last home and away game from finishing top of the ladder, FFS.

Some people have very short (and/or selective) memories.

If Geelong weren't contenders in 2021, neither were Richmond in 2018. Is that what you're saying? Because I'm not.

Richmond weren’t genuine contenders in 2018. And Geelong in 2017 & 2021 certainly weren’t.

This fadgic stuff is magnificent. Getting run down from 44 points in front in a home and away game automatically makes you a contender. I can’t get enough. Please keep it coming. It is like a full immersion experience. Doing all sorts of wonders for my chakras, whatever they are. 😍😍😍😍😍

Last edited:

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Richmond weren’t genuine contenders in 2018. And Geelong in 2017 & 2021 certainly weren’t.

This fadgic stuff is magnificent. Getting run down from 44 points in front in a home and away game automatically makes you a contender. I can’t get enough. Please keep it coming. It is like a full immersion experience. Doing all sorts of wonders for my chakras, whatever they are. 😍😍😍😍😍
Well, that's a relief. We aren't as aligned as I originally thought with regard to assessing Premiership contenders.

In the world of Meteoric Ruse, a team who spends 98% of a season as clear Premiership favourite, finished top of the ladder by 2 games and 15%, were never a premiership contender.

😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Well, that's a relief. We aren't as aligned as I originally thought with regard to assessing Premiership contenders.

In the world of Meteoric Ruse, a team who spends 98% of a season as clear Premiership favourite, finished top of the ladder by 2 games and 15%, were never a premiership contender.

😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

Hint: Premierships are decided by the 9 matches at the end of the season called finals.

Add that somewhere into your fadgic formula before anyone else notices. 😉

I think you must be talking about Minor Premiership contenders. 😁

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thats cute.

When do you think the Dogs will make double digits?
Probably not in my lifetime though that would be funny. I think it's funnier the Blues are 1 flag away from 17 yet still aren't in the conversation.

Also why bring up a team not relevant to the thread. Hmm seems like a no life troll to me. You should take the day off.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hint: Premierships are decided by the 9 matches at the end of the season called finals.

Add that somewhere into your fadgic formula before anyone else notices. 😉

I think you must be talking about Minor Premiership contenders. 😁
You must have made a fortune laying off on Richmond for the Premiership in 2018, knowing they were never Premiership contenders.

It's actually one of the funniest comments I've ever seen made on BigFooty, and there's been some stiff competition!

And certainly provides an insight into your (il)logic.

Wowee.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You must have made a fortune laying off on Richmond for the Premiership in 2018, knowing they were never Premiership contenders.

It's actually one of the funniest comments I've ever seen made on BigFooty, and there's been some stiff competition!

And certainly provides an insight into your (il)logic.

Wowee.

OK so by fadge magic logic - fadgic, something is only true if known in advance. Even if the knower is little humble me. I am honoured. 😁

Please, more fadgic, I cannot get enough, this is euphoric. 😍😍😍

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Probably not in my lifetime though that would be funny. I think it's funnier the Blues are 1 flag away from 17 yet still aren't in the conversation.

Also why bring up a team not relevant to the thread. Hmm seems like a no life troll to me. You should take the day off.
According to you "The Blues aren't in the conversation". Yet, they lead the Poll in this thread you are posting in.

You are clueless and are letting your hatred cloud any sensible judgement you may have had. Clearly jealous that we have 14 more premierships than your sorry mob.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
According to you "The Blues aren't in the conversation". Yet, they lead the Poll in this thread you are posting in.

You are clueless and are letting your hatred cloud any sensible judgement you may have had. Clearly jealous that we have 14 more premierships than your sorry mob.
LOL. 90% of the people that voted carlton are carlton supporters :laughing:. You really are thick in the skull.

😮😮😮😮😮😮😮
that must mean Geelong was never in the mix in 2008. Well thats a relief because I always thought we just did an all time choke job only surpassed by the Tigers in 2018. Guess not? Happy days

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
that must mean Geelong was never in the mix in 2008. Well thats a relief because I always thought we just did an all time choke job only surpassed by the Tigers in 2018. Guess not? Happy days

Here we go, another welcome arrival into the BigFooty lexicon.

Wojcinski logic = wojic.

According to wogic you deem something to mean something it doesn’t mean to create a straw man illusion that you can bravely slay with mordant sarcasm.

More wogic please, whilst not approaching the chakra aligning levels of fadgic it is nevertheless inner contentment giving. 😁

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't be so sure...

Cats may have been considered a contender in 2008 given they made the Grand Final.

Best you check it out with Meteoric Ruse, however....

Back