• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unashamedly inspired by the multiple threads asking who will be the first club to 17 Premierships, I have a bigger test for you:

Who will be the first club to 20 flags? And when? And will BigFooty even be a thing when it happens?

Consider than in the past 25 seasons, Hawthorn have won the most with 4, followed by Brisbane and Geelong with 3, and a host of other teams with 2.

They are friggin' hard to win.

I'm going to be biased and predict that Collingwood will continue to play in regular Grand Finals, but turn their strike rate around.

So for me, Collingwood will win their 20th Premiership in the year 2047.

What do you think?

Richmond in 2030

But probably Hawthorn, they have a habit of winning flags in big clumps. Pies blues and Don's never get their s**t together for more than a couple years at a time and on the last 40 years it will probably take another 40 for any of those 3 get close. We also win flags in batches but then have a long spell, so even if we win another 2 with the current group we probably have 30 years till the next one.

Unashamedly inspired by the multiple threads asking who will be the first club to 17 Premierships, I have a bigger test for you:

Who will be the first club to 20 flags? And when?

What do you think?
Carlton by the end of next decade will get our 20th in this league. We already got 22 overall in our history of premier leagues our club has played in from the start of the seasons we record premierships.
Looking forward to the next decade starting. Have very good feeling about it.

Well you’d have to say Hawthorn or Richmond.

out of the teams with a realistic chance they’re the only two that have proven to be consistently successful and competing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fail, Finals, Finals, Finals, Fail, Flag, Minor Premiership, Flag, ?

its being going more or less alright for seven years now
I think he means more long term than the last 7-8 years. If you look back over history, you will find a whole bunch of clubs for whom the planets aligned for a few years, and they then disappeared back to relative obscurity, never to be heard from again. North in the mid-late 90s, Crows in the late 90s, Lions in the early to mid 2000s, Geelong 07-11, and I’d be willing to bet a thousand bucks that’s what we’ve got with Richmond now.

I think he means more long term than the last 7-8 years. If you look back over history, you will find a whole bunch of clubs for whom the planets aligned for a few years, and they then disappeared back to relative obscurity, never to be heard from again. North in the mid-late 90s, Crows in the late 90s, Lions in the early to mid 2000s, Geelong 07-11, and I’d be willing to bet a thousand bucks that’s what we’ve got with Richmond now.

I am aware Richmond were not doing too great from 1982 onwards.

Had some bad luck along the way, injuries to Richo, Brown etc.

I hope Hawthorn never win another flag my lifetime as well as my daughters lifetime.

I'm sure we would all agree that Hawthorn not winning any more premierships would be a victory for all sensible sportsfans and those who cherish life.
They have gone the geelong route of topping up an aging list. blind freddy can see both clubs are nowhere near a flag

Once again, this is exactly and precisely the type of thing that people were saying in ‘09 and 10. How did that work out for them?
its not 2009 buddy

You had a young Hodge, Mitchell, Rough, Franklin, Burgoyne then. You don't have that anymore

Back