First coach to be sacked in 2017?

Which coach will be the first sacked in 2017?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GC are a rabble, the fact they have shown no real signs of improvement in all these years, when teams like Carlton started a rebuild 2 years ago and are already better, shows there's something really wrong there.

Don't think it will be Brad Scott, given he was obviously greenlighted to gut the list of most of its experience they would have budgeted for a decline on the previous year's position. If it doesnt reap results next year he could be in trouble but I think he gets at least 12 months.

GC are a rabble, the fact they have shown no real signs of improvement in all these years, when teams like Carlton started a rebuild 2 years ago and are already better, shows there's something really wrong there.
Hard to argue with that. Our list is a disgrace and the list manager is still there. Overlooked Zorko when we had first crack at him & traded down with Melbourne so they could get Oliver. Both starred on the weekend. Too obsessed with flaky light weights.

Don't think it will be Brad Scott, given he was obviously greenlighted to gut the list of most of its experience they would have budgeted for a decline on the previous year's position. If it doesnt reap results next year he could be in trouble but I think he gets at least 12 months.

Interesting to see the relative media lack of focus on Scott compared to Buckley over the years.

Scott
W 89 L 80 % 52.7
Ladder position
9, 9, 8, 10, 4, 4, 8, 16 currently (both 4 place positions after finishing in bottom half of the 8)

Buckley
W 66 L 60 % 52.4
Ladder position
4, 6, 11, 12, 12, 13 currently

Just goes to show what a difference to perception making finals is to not making them, especially if you win a couple. Even if you limp into the eight and dont make much impression, or do it with an old unsustainable list. And also the benefits of being at a smaller club away from scrutiny.

Last edited:
Bucks will go if they win less than 10, but it looks like the group is on his side.

Dimma if Richmond miss the finals.

Just a matter of when for Eade. May get one more year.

They're all poor coaches not 1 of them has 5 flags. Order of sackings will be arranged from most mediocre to least mediocre.

Hard to argue with that. Our list is a disgrace and the list manager is still there. Overlooked Zorko when we had first crack at him & traded down with Melbourne so they could get Oliver. Both starred on the weekend. Too obsessed with flaky light weights.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End of an era with Eade gone. He was the last of the "old school" coaches, and the last to have started his senior coaching career in the 90s I think.

A shame it wasn't a more dignified ending for him. Doubt he will get a gig anywhere else.

Never managed to get as many wins in a season as McKenna did in the season that saw him sacked. Tbh I'm surprised GC waited this long to sack him.

So finishing in the top 4 and potentially having a tilt at the flag not good enough for you? o_O
In my defence this was said a long time ago. And it really is hard to forget Dimma 2016. Although hes doing his best to wipe it from our memories.

Back