FTA-TV First Date - Part 4 and the summer of tennis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkleNarkle didnt want to clog up GD with footy talk..

Just finished watching 09 season now, highlights and GF.

How the **** did i ******* manage to get thru that ******* game, i swear to ******* god. I must have forgotten how close it went down to the wire...
/not really.

But srsly havent seen that game, probably in a bout 7 or 8 years.

I watched it while the GF while the family were watching a Christmas movie (yes, I'm very Christmassy), I nearly fainted on more than one occasion. Rooke having a shot and having it punched through on the line, Rooke soccerring the point, Milburn kicking out to Taylor. So many heart attack moments it wasn't funny by the end. I remembered how close it was, but it was insane how back and forth it was, and how fast a low-scoring game was played. Thank god we were on the winning side though

Just the other day I watched Round 14 2009 for the first time (We weren't home for the start, and I was so devastated at the score I played Club Penguin throughout the rest of the match - I'd hardly seen us lose, ever. I couldn't believe it). Gee, that was an incredible game, so fast, skilful, and when we came back it was so good to see us in full flight. I can see why it's so highly regarded now

Scarlett giving up thay ******* behind too omfg.
Could have been a draw.

Hard to determine what would have been the better option. If he picked it up and turned around, he could have risked turning it over, and if they kicked a goal there would be a centre bounce with us one point in front. Rush the point, and we risk drawing the match but have clean possession of the ball. I think he made the right choice, the kamikaze pressure the Saints applied all day would have squeezed us into conceding a goal had we tried to rush it out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back