FTA-TV First Date - Part 4 and the summer of tennis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good ep of the Front Bar. Can’t believe they got Pavel Florin to appear.
I'd probably enjoy a Front Bar on any topic with those three guys. The chemistry is great. They remind me of Lou Richards, Bob Davis and Jack Dyer as a trio.

Mock seemed to want to hog the spotlight too much. Andy didn’t say much and often got spoken over.
That's the way it normally is. Each has a role. Sometimes Mick goes a bit overboard, but I like when he's brought back down to reality. Andy is the perfect straight man who cops a bit, but it's the chemistry of the three that works so well.

It was 56 years ago today that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. I was 11 at the time and in Grade 6. I remember the principal of our school coming on the PA system after lunchtime to tell us that the President had been shot in Dallas and then began reciting a prayer. My next recollection was Sister coming back on the PA system to tell us that he had died and we immediately began to pray the rosary. I do remember a number of other things from that time such as seeing President Johnson that evening getting off the jet in Washington from Dallas and speaking on the tarmac to the American people. It just didn't seem right seeing him as our President.

On Sunday we were just sitting down to our dinner at around noon after attending Mass and my older brother asked if he could eat his meal in the living room to watch Lee Harvey Oswald being transferred to jail from the police station. I'm not sure of the exact timing but he was there watching the coverage on TV and saw Oswald being shot and called out to us in the kitchen while we were eating. We rushed to the small black and white TV to see the confusion in the aftermath. I do remember the funeral and the great sorrow that seemed to prevail everywhere we went that week.

Lastly, I recollect one small thing I did. Since we didn't own a full size American flag at home to put outside, I took a smaller version and taped it onto a makeshift flagpole which had been the pink handle of the play carpet sweeper that my sister had and placed the small half mast flag on our front lawn in the snow. Even today, so many decades later, I can picture that in my mind.

Memory eternal.

Damn you, Victoria's Secret. Now that you've cancelled the ultimate fashion show, how can mugs like me see this sort of thing? Shell, do you walk around your new home like this? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear if all the men are already married ill probably leave by 9 fking 30.
I'm sure that you'll find a nice gentleman there that you can drag take home to meet your parents, dear. :heart::eggplant:

So your cuz didn’t invite you to their wedding. That’s a bit harsh, isn’t it?

I honestly cgaf.

I have this wedding tomorrow and their wedding was up whoop whoop in the fking country tonight, so would have been horrid getting back for another wedding back to back.

I'm chilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back