FTA-TV First Date - Part 4 and the summer of tennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell what colour are you going to paint you place?

But after all that discussion on GD, im leaning towards getting it done by professionals :D

a. cant be stuffed, b. dont know what im doing, c. im getting a tax return of 7k. May as well spend it on something like this. And clothes. And a hotel in the city + day spa. This shall be my contribution to the suffering economy.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
If it's just the walls in a couple of rooms with normal water based paint I'd just do it yourself (being a near new place?) all the hard work has already been done before, just a quick clean of the walls and painting is really then just the easy bit.

If you want every little bit of the whole place including annoying crap like wooden skirting boards with oil based plaint if you can afford it I'd get someone else.

When my mum had an extended hospital stay four years ago I decided to refurbish her bedroom. The washing and painting of the walls wasn't so bad. However, her bedroom had a popcorn ceiling. I don't know what my dad had been thinking when he painted it years before, but I guess it was trendy back then. I have never worked so hard in my life scraping it off. I still feel the pain in my shoulders and back.

I painted the outside of my grandmother's small home on Lake Michigan in Wisconsin when I was staying with her over the summer of '66. I was 14. I got a new transistor radio for doing it.

I got this boring beige colour for this room that my sister has in her new place. You know it wont look s**t but also will probably look meh at best.

It's hard with colour because they all look different on the wall depending on the light.

I've pretty much got no choice but grey for the living room, because thats the colour of the kitchen (those grey/silver horizontal tiles) + cupboards are white. Any other colour would look rubbish next to that. Got dark floorboards too.

When my mum had an extended hospital stay four years ago I decided to refurbish her bedroom. The washing and painting of the walls wasn't so bad. However, her bedroom had a popcorn ceiling. I don't know what my dad had been thinking when he painted it years before, but I guess it was trendy back then. I have never worked so hard in my life scraping it off. I still feel the pain in my shoulders and back.

I painted the outside of my grandmother's small home on Lake Michigan in Wisconsin when I was staying with her over the summer of '66. I was 14. I got a new transistor radio for doing it.

I still see popcorn ceilings quite a bit on House Hunters, and they always complain about it. It is pretty awful.

Dunno why tho all the Americans seem to hate carpet- like with a passion (even if its brand new), will not buy a house with carpet. I like it- having floorboards especially atm in winter is not cosy in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back