FTA-TV First Dates - Part 5 - Back to the Repeats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roast beef as in a cut of beef you've roasted yourself, or the "roast beef" that comes from the deli at Woolies?
Woolies. Never had it before from there. Kind of expensive but worth it. I also bought some silverside. I usually buy pastrami.

I miss sandwiches from Carnegie Deli at the Mirage in Vegas. They closed in Feb. My favourite, pastrami on rye:

Woolies. Never had it before from there. Kind of expensive but worth it. I also bought some silverside. I usually buy pastrami.

I miss sandwiches from Carnegie Deli at the Mirage in Vegas. They closed in Feb. My favourite, pastrami on rye:

Nice job and pic but a real foodie would roast their own.

Nice job and pic but a real foodie would roast their own.
No way. I always roast beef too long. I haven't made one for years. In fact I never make any kind of roast well. I've given up. I wish I could get good pastrami here, but I think I'd have to go to St Kilda to get some from a real Jewish deli. Remember our discussion about Reuben sandwiches? Good times.

Interesting. My childhood experience with it was always that it was fairly bland and overcooked
I was surprised. It was really rare, very similar to what I'd get at home. They offer rare roast beef and the regular roast beef that is 97% fat free. The rare roast beef is $35 a kilo. Last week it was $30. I ordered 200g for $6 and ended up getting a bit over that for the $6. I've made four sandwiches with it and have enough for one more. I ordered roast beef from Coles a few weeks ago but it wasn't rare. They don't have it there. I'm going to try Woolies deli pastrami next time and see how it is.

Over in WA I almost forget about the virus now whenever I'm out at the shops or whatever.

edit - well what shops left that haven't closed down in town yet..

Freo can win tomorrow at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot to post yesterday:

I had a special Lucky Meal for the Bulldogs match last evening. Since it was the 4th of July (American meaning) I decided to celebrate by having an All-American meal - a McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder Meal (large)with a Deluxe Strawberry Shake. It worked. Again.

"Why you young whipper-snapper, I oughta..... ehhhh it's cold out there....... I don't like the look of those people......"

Going ok thanks Neese
Still working at home, taking care of others & myself as able.

How about you?

Good, thanks for asking. Busy at work and chilling with the cat

c1 did you anything from woolworths?

Online orders have been cancelled because a worker has tested positive to corona virus
No. I had a delivery a week ago today. Things are getting worse than before.

I got an email from my GP that he is going to ring me tomorrow morning regarding the blood and urine tests I had done last week for my kidney doctor visit on Thurs. I hope it's not bad news. He hasn't ever called me after blood/urine work. The tests are really for the kidney doctor and my cardiologist. I was going to see if I could have a telehealth call from the kidney doctor instead of coming into his office. He's in a hotspot. I'll wait to see what my GP says. I even was able to get Senior transport for the appt on Thurs. I'm going to ring Moonee Valley Council and cancel my cleaning lady for Fri. It was supposed to be her first visit since Feb. Just when I thought things were getting better... I hope that I didn't self-isolate for 99 days for nothing.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It's on the same time as Home and Away. It was shown at 3:30pm back home, usually before most American markets showed it at 7pm on the east coast, so I wasn't allowed to discuss that day's episode until that evening on one American website. It was my absolute favourite game show when I was growing up in the 60s.

Here's the start of the pilot episode with Art Fleming as host back in 1964 introduced by Alex. Must have been some anniversary show. LOL Do I feel old!

This is the pilot episode of the show, which was retained on kinescope, not videotape. You can see the whole pilot episode at the Museum of TV and Radio in N.Y. or L.A. Jeopardy was never broadcast in black and white. It was always in color from the debut in 1964. Color video tape was very expensive back then so almost every episode was erased so the tape could be re-used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back