FTA-TV First Dates - Part 5 - Back to the Repeats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They used to have some real weirdos on the show for the auditions. That's what got the ratings up at first and people got hooked into watching. I used to ring in and vote. I also had a ticket for Lee DeWyze's Homecoming Day in 2010 which was at a nearby racecourse. I didn't go. I think the weather was supposed to be bad that day. I used to use AI avatars on my American site back then.

Funniest moment was making fun of one of the contestants on the American site(it was rather famous at the time for mocking AI and Survivor) and his mother reading it and telling me off. I really thought it was just a troll but pics she posted and quickly deleted showed it was really her. It was hilariously fun to be on that message board back in the early days of AI and Survivor. I still post there today. I got told off for mentioning the winner of Australian Survivor before the 24 hour no spoiler talk rule. It was because many Americans on the site had seen it and had 24 hours to catch up.

Pretty sure Woolies said their deliveries are back - it was only Monday's deliveries that were cancelled
They've all been canceled now. Apparently three workers from the Footscray warehouse have tested positive. I've run out of bread, but I have some substitutes I can use for the time being. I have some watermelon and mandarins left and two tomatoes and one small cos lettuce. I also didn't get any packaged lunchmeat last week since I bought the deli stuff. I do have a pack I put in the freezer. I should be OK for a couple of weeks. I have enough non-perishables stocked up if worse comes to worst. As long as people don't panic and buy up the panicked goods they got last time, I should be OK.

Anyone caught breaking the stay-at-home rules should be shot. They had their chance.

I
That sucks to hear that Woolies have had to cancel all their deliveries. Can you do Coles home delivery?
Coles earliest delivery as of right now is Saturday. Seems like panic buyers have set in. I might order stuff tomorrow to be delivered on Monday, mainly just perishables and packed lunchmeat and cat food. That's a bit earlier than I normally would order again, but it might be wise, just in case. I still have canned goods and other non-perishables that I haven't used since my first March order that I bought just in case. My freezer is totally full so meat and stuff is OK. It's even small stuff like AAA batteries that I need but my friend is getting some for me tomorrow. My heater remote is just about to die. I have plenty of AA batteries,but no AAAs.

I'm not as worried as I was in March. At least we know what to expect this time. I just really need to get out and walk up and down the street with my walker to keep my leg muscles working. I also need to do my exercises each day since it doesn't seem like I'll be going to Physical Therapy any time soon. My new mask should be arriving tomorrow. It's basic black so it should go with all of my outside loungewear. :)

Watching America got talent
I had it on in the background but I just had a shower and missed most of it. I really liked it when it first came out. It was another summer replacement show that made it big. I once met one of the acts, a magician who used to perform at our local theme park when I'd go just about every weekend. We even went to see him at another venue one year when he wasn't at the theme park. He made it to at least the second round. My nephew and him became friends and used to email each other at the time.

I had it on in the background but I just had a shower and missed most of it. I really liked it when it first came out. It was another summer replacement show that made it big. I once met one of the acts, a magician who used to perform at our local theme park when I'd go just about every weekend. We even went to see him at another venue one year when he wasn't at the theme park. He made it to at least the second round. My nephew and him became friends and used to email each other at the time.
I used to know a magician who auditioned for AGT. In his audition he performed a disappearing trick, so we never knew how far he could have gone.

I haven't had a virus test. I haven't been anywhere except those two trips I took on June 25th and July 1st, that's 14 days ago for the first and 8 days ago for the second. I feel OK considering, just cold. I'm more concerned about the cost of my next electricity bill.

Good news. My kidney doctor just called and he's very happy with my results. My CKD has stabilised and even my liver functions have gotten better. He was especially pleased that my creatinine level had gone down and actually rather surprised. I guess my water only drinking diet has been working. I did confess that I had some Coca Cola a couple of weeks ago with some pizza which he said is fine. He also gave the OK to my one cup of coffee in the morning as long as I keep my water drinking amount up. Whew... that's a load off my mind. He did try to explain what could happen to me if I got Covid 19. My immune system is compromised with my disease so much so that as my cardiologist said, the end result would not be good. As long as I have my TV and laptop I'm OK with living like a hermit for the time being. As long as I don't have a fall, I should be all right for the time being.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news. My kidney doctor just called and he's very happy with my results. My CKD has stabilised and even my liver functions have gotten better. He was especially pleased that my creatinine level had gone down and actually rather surprised. I guess my water only drinking diet has been working. I did confess that I had some Coca Cola a couple of weeks ago with some pizza which he said is fine. He also gave the OK to my one cup of coffee in the morning as long as I keep my water drinking amount up. Whew... that's a load off my mind. He did try to explain what could happen to me if I got Covid 19. My immune system is compromised with my disease so much so that as my cardiologist said, the end result would not be good. As long as I have my TV and laptop I'm OK with living like a hermit for the time being. As long as I don't have a fall, I should be all right for the time being.
Great to hear C1. And it's Winter now, so you don't have to worry about your next Fall for a while. ;)

He left about ten years ago. Once the original judges began leaving it went downhill. When Simon left in Season 10 it kind of fell apart but was still watchable. The last two seasons were bleh. I haven't seen the new seasons on a different network.

I agree about Carey and Minaj. It turned into a "who is more famous and loved" fight in those days. Even after, the quality of judges didn't improve. I might have a look at the series since it's on 9Now. I have always liked Katy Perry. There's something about her that comes across as natural. I also see that they have the entire series of Desperate Housewives now. I guess I have something to watch during the next six weeks. I loved that show.

Carey and Minaj was all about ego, they would've been a nightmare to work with. Talking about Mariah, she's releasing a new book about life

I don't like Katy's music but yes, there's something natural and honest about her. Plus, she's actually pretty funny. I don't know who the other judge is(some country singer)

ScoMo just finished talking, looks like we have to wear masks if we can go outside in Melbourne. Isolation life....ugh

Yes. Should have been lined up against a wall and machine gunned.

My new mask hasn't arrived yet, but it doesn't matter. I have no reason to leave my bungalow and i do have two disposable masks left.

Woolies only has dedicated deliveries for under 40 groceries. I think that might be for old people only. I wonder when they will resume normal delivery times? I might order perishables from Coles today to be delivered on Monday or maybe even Sunday. If a worker at the distribution centre gets the virus deliveries will be canceled.

Just checked and Woolies West Footscray distribution Centre is closed for two weeks while the workers self isolate since someone there tested positive. That's probably why there is only one delivery time open for me. I ordered my perishables and some other stuff from Coles for delivery on Monday while i had the chance. I wouldn't have ordered anything for another week, but who knows what is going to happen even tomorrow? Hopefully no one at Coles' nearby distribution centre gets this little flu thing that's going around. At least until Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back