FTA-TV First Dates - Part 5 - Back to the Repeats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt get that reference and thought it was a real thing so i had to look it up.

ive never seen christmas vacation.

though a jelly of the month club does sound nice. im told its the gift that keeps on giving the whole year

How could you have not seen christmas vaccy??!!!

Niece that's been sick should get something but I don't know what a 15 y/o would like. Next time I see her might just say order something for yourself off the internet.

IMG_4820.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

share-a-smile-becky.jpg

Per Mattel's press release that accompanied the 1997 release of this doll, "Share a Smile Becky is Barbie doll's friend with a disability that was designed so that the Barbie doll world will reflect the richness and diversity of the real world." At the time, it seemed the company was doing and saying all the right things. They worked with the National Parent Network on Disabilities to design the doll. They made donations to the NPND and The National Lekotek Center. They placed Becky on the cover of the Toys 'R' Us Annual Differently-Abled Catalog. There was just one teensy, tiny detail they missed.

Kids soon realized that Becky's "realistically designed" pink wheelchair wouldn't fit through the door of the Barbie Dreamhouse.

View attachment 1287966

Per Mattel's press release that accompanied the 1997 release of this doll, "Share a Smile Becky is Barbie doll's friend with a disability that was designed so that the Barbie doll world will reflect the richness and diversity of the real world." At the time, it seemed the company was doing and saying all the right things. They worked with the National Parent Network on Disabilities to design the doll. They made donations to the NPND and The National Lekotek Center. They placed Becky on the cover of the Toys 'R' Us Annual Differently-Abled Catalog. There was just one teensy, tiny detail they missed.

Kids soon realized that Becky's "realistically designed" pink wheelchair wouldn't fit through the door of the Barbie Dreamhouse.
Were there even ramps anyway?

I loved barbie. I had Crystal and Peaches and Cream Barbie and a Ken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back