FIRST PLAYER PICKED

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be good to see a popular first picked 18 starters, one from each team.
Back line is pretty tall as I don’t think anyone is picking their back pocket first. Also, I’m sure not everyone will agree with who I’ve picked from their team but it’s hard to make a side out of 18 followers so here’s what I could come up with:

FB:Sinclair(SK) Sicily(Haw) Ridley(Ess)

HB:Stewart(Ge) Moore(Col) Sheezel(NM)

C: Anderson(GC) Bont(WB) Gulden(Syd)

Foll: Jackson(Fre) Rozee(PA) Trac(Mel)

HF: Greene(GWS) Allen(WC) Rankine(Ad)

FF: Bolton(Ric) Curnow (Car) Cameron(BL)

Taylor Walker any day of the week. He's our best forward (a worry at his age) and is an onfield general. The team (and the forward line in particular) looks lost without him.

For GWS it's going to be Toby Greene, but Sam Taylor is definitely putting some body work into Tobes to try and intercept that nom.

Jordan Clark

The backline is never given the credit they deserve - I love Jackson and Serong, but Clark is incredible and really brings so much to the overall team. He is also very humble.
Very creative and slick. Good to see him flourish. Really rated him at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travis Boak.

Just because he is the heart and soul of this club.

For Melbourne it's Gawn, not just because he is the best ruckman in the comp and an all-time great, but because they don't have any other rucks. His contested marking around the ground is a massive part of Melbourne's game and can't be replaced.

I rate Oliver as the best player in the team, Petracca the most skilled, but someone else can slot in if they are out. If Gawn goes down it's season over for Melbourne.

Gotta be Tom Lynch for Richmond.
Makes such a huge difference to the team by giving us a long target to kick to, bringing the ball to ground, being that linkup player down the wings and, of course, taking big marks and kicking goals (most of the time!).

Tall forwards are worth their weight in gold, not only for what they bring individually but also how they bring in small forwards and their pressure at ground level. This is why Curnow, Hogan, McDonald, Allen, Hawkins, Cameron, Cox, King, Wright etc are so crucial - they allow the likes of Cameron, Daniels, Weightman, Green, Stengle, Higgins etc the space and opportunities in the forwardline they otherwise would be robbed of.

Its also why the tall intercept marking backmen are so valued to (Stewart, Aliir, included), anything to nullify the tall forwards and stop it from coming to ground for the smalls, is super important.

A Big Forward though, number one choice for mine in every team.

Nick Vlastuin ahead of Lynch for me.

Back line is pretty tall as I don’t think anyone is picking their back pocket first. Also, I’m sure not everyone will agree with who I’ve picked from their team but it’s hard to make a side out of 18 followers so here’s what I could come up with:

FB:Sinclair(SK) Sicily(Haw) Ridley(Ess)

HB:Stewart(Ge) Moore(Col) Sheezel(NM)

C: Anderson(GC) Bont(WB) Gulden(Syd)

Foll: Jackson(Fre) Rozee(PA) Trac(Mel)

HF: Greene(GWS) Allen(WC) Rankine(Ad)

FF: Bolton(Ric) Curnow (Car) Cameron(BL)
Not a bad effort though :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back