Preview First Preliminary Final – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sime11

Team Captain
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Return of the Collywobbles tomorrow peeps - the tears will be delicious from Pies fans if they lose.

All the pressure is on Collingwood- pies forward line isn’t as strong as it can be whereas our forward and defensive lines look superior to their’s IMO.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Mate if we somehow get through the oppo better look out!!
Believe me no one at Richmond is underestimating GWS. The prevailing AFL fantasy of a Collingwood v Richmond GF is pretty much fluff. If both of our Clubs make it through to next week, it will be a GF for the ages.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Just got back from open training at Punt Rd. Weather was superb and a good crowd of Giants fans in to watch.

Even though it was a captain's run none of Corr, Mummy, Kelly or Sheridan joined in. They did stationary handball drills etc.

Toby was doing his own work with the fitness guy throughout then he joined in full work at the end - and looked in ripper nick unfortunately - bombing shots on the run through from 50m. It was tough to watch to be honest.

Not much else to report but they did look very slick and all had a spring in the step especially Bobby Hill who was as effervescent as you could see a player on a training track. Looks cut out for September with a bit of warmth in the air.

Also Perryman is one of the best kicks off either foot you could ever hope to see. I know it was a dry sunny day but he was literally lace out every time and did not seem to have a favourite leg. Cumming not far behind him. If you could guarantee it was going to be a dry day you'd bring him in I reckon. One of those will end up being the Shaw replacement for sure.

Ryan Griffin was there with his new baby and a few of the boys enjoyed catching up with him.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Just saw b-roll footage of Punt Road - Heater and Toby we’re having a chat with Jacob Townsend and at one point Toby spat on the concrete near Townsend’s feet (they were next to one another after all) - I fully expect him to be hauled before the tribunal so they can suspend him from the GF if we make it.

Last edited:

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Just got back from open training at Punt Rd. Weather was superb and a good crowd of Giants fans in to watch.

Even though it was a captain's run none of Corr, Mummy, Kelly or Sheridan joined in. They did stationary handball drills etc.

Toby was doing his own work with the fitness guy throughout then he joined in full work at the end - and looked in ripper nick unfortunately - bombing shots on the run through from 50m. It was tough to watch to be honest.

Not much else to report but they did look very slick and all had a spring in the step especially Bobby Hill who was as effervescent as you could see a player on a training track. Looks cut out for September with a bit of warmth in the air.

Also Perryman is one of the best kicks off either foot you could ever hope to see. I know it was a dry sunny day but he was literally lace out every time and did not seem to have a favourite leg. Cumming not far behind him. If you could guarantee it was going to be a dry day you'd bring him in I reckon. One of those will end up being the Shaw replacement for sure.

Ryan Griffin was there with his new baby and a few of the boys enjoyed catching up with him.

Perryman is massively underrated, proper footy smarts and skill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many people would we theoretically get a GF do you reckon ? I'm thinking the noise against Richmond would be out of control

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
5K max, but probably 1/2 of the 1/2 that don't supprt either team could get on board

Marv Merchants

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Hey guys notorious troll Benny78 who is a sad excuse and never posts from his main account has a bet with me (despite his loser club losing tonight) that wobbles are a sure thing!

Let’s show this vic flog the full night of the orange tsunami and crush his dreams!

Come on boys you got this!! 👌💪🌈

Giants by 27 points

Marv Merchants

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Weak dog also lurks our board and shadow likes but doesn’t have the guts to front up mods keep an eye out for him..

Benny78 show urself weak dog!

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
How do you think old Lids is feeling.

Left for a flag and the team he leaves looking down the barrel of 2 flags in 3 years

I know that's just the way the cookie crumbles, but you know what I can almost guarantee it wouldn't happen again.

Rotten luck for him

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
How do you think old Lids is feeling.

Left for a flag and the team he leaves looking down the barrel of 2 flags in 3 years

I know that's just the way the cookie crumbles, but you know what I can almost guarantee it wouldn't happen again.

Rotten luck for him

Chances are, had he stayed, he would have missed both anyway with his calves.

Dogs get 1 flag in 60 years and Bob Murphy missed with a knee. Lids would probably have been the Tiger’s Bob Murphy. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back