Preview First Preliminary Final – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Giants still a huge show this weekend. A few players flat last week, yet still won. They’ll lift and for me the Pies aren’t so great.
Will be all the more satisfying beating the Pies with a few out.
For me Toby got what he deserved, even if we can argue about the process. Both acts the last 2 games were s**tty. Hopefully he becomes a better representative of our club and the game.
Go Giants!
You know what I agree.

We have had plenty of games missing players. We were missing quite a few when we SMASHED the pies last time

What was missing in the past was the finals physical intensity that we have had the last couple of weeks. Bring that and we are a massive chance

Plus himmleburg, Finlayson and Cameron all kick multiples and it becomes real tough for Eddiewood

Imagine the satisfaction for a fit Toby to come in for a prelim.

Just waltz in a fresh Toby, Lachie, Cogs and lids and walk out with a flag

Thank you very much

Then we play Phil Collins "against all odds all night"

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Losing Toby made the task even harder and then with Whitfield and the appendix makes it another obstacle for the team to overcome and even before the outs i was thinking a 4 goal loss would have been on the cards and now getting within that will be a massive achievement and several players need to step up and show what they can do
The 2 Jezzas need to kick perfect and Cameron needs to be all over the field, HH needs to take Moore out of the play MDB needs to shut down Sidebottom completely and then Hopper and Taranto need to win the contest and finally Mumford and Keefe need to nullify Grundy
A huge task and challenge to the playing group and it will be interesting to see who stands up in this game

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
No Hately on the emergencies was a surprise and not sure if he is their now with Keefe promoted but I thought he would have been in line to come in for this game
Like most great to see Hill in for this game and hopefully he has a blinder

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I’ll arrange a bottle of turkey for you from dans
No need. Bought a case of JB tonight ready for Saturday.

I may be banned from here for a while depending on how things go.

If so.
3o6gE2ByaCMEqPzlAs.gif

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
What a difference from the euphoria of five nights ago.

But even though it hurts to lose Greene and Whitfield, I still think we're a better team in better condition than the PF of 2017, or the SF of 2018.

In a strange way, this week will have erased any complacency or over-confidence that might have crept in after last Saturday. Now everyone knows we must be fully switched on in order to win.

It's players like Cameron, Himmelberg and Taranto we need to lift their game.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Losing Toby made the task even harder and then with Whitfield and the appendix makes it another obstacle for the team to overcome and even before the outs i was thinking a 4 goal loss would have been on the cards and now getting within that will be a massive achievement and several players need to step up and show what they can do
The 2 Jezzas need to kick perfect and Cameron needs to be all over the field, HH needs to take Moore out of the play MDB needs to shut down Sidebottom completely and then Hopper and Taranto need to win the contest and finally Mumford and Keefe need to nullify Grundy
A huge task and challenge to the playing group and it will be interesting to see who stands up in this game
And the person you missed ...... Kelly to tear the pies a new #$%hole

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
No Hately on the emergencies was a surprise and not sure if he is their now with Keefe promoted but I thought he would have been in line to come in for this game
Like most great to see Hill in for this game and hopefully he has a blinder
Hills are born for MCG finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
I don’t think we can really accomodate Keeffe in this side, makes us slow and lacking in mobility particularly with Mumford rucking and Tomlinson playing.

As I’ve mentioned earlier Langdon makes sense but if not even if we went with Cumming and ran Williams a bit through the middle for speed.

Team doesn’t look balanced.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Hopefully a late change of mind. Either way we're going to have to play out of our skins, but easier with someone other than Keeffe. (But if we play Keeffe, and we win, I'm all in on Keeffe. ;) )

He’s a better player than I thought he was initially and can help out in the ruck but we are too tall and slow. Prefer the pressure that Langdon would bring.

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
"The tips are in".

The AFL experts are breaking 8-4 in favour of Collingwood, which is one better for us than last week against Brisbane. None of them think there will be a blowout.

They're also breaking 11-1 in favour of Richmond, just like they did last week in favour of West Coast against the Cats.

I'd be worried if I was a Tigers supporter.

The AFL experts are breaking 8-4 in favour of Collingwood, which is one better for us than last week against Brisbane. None of them think there will be a blowout.

I'd be tipping Collingwood but if we crack in like we have in the last two games anything can happen.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I'd be tipping Collingwood but if we crack in like we have in the last two games anything can happen.
I was just going to post about the 8-4 tipping

This shows the respect we have grown as a club. People know we are in this

You know what my gut is telling me... No two players can overshadow the drive every player will feel for the pain of losing 3 prelims. That is the same sort of drive that makes mothers lift burning cars to save their children.

If this was Richmond it would be a different story, but we have smashed Collingwood only recently. And we had players out then also.

Not only the lost prelim pain, but the boys will this week look into the eyes of Delideo and Whitfield and Cognilio, all 3 of who deserve a shot at a flag, and their eyes will be begging them to win to give them a chance

Folks

We are in this us to our eyeballs. Don't think about Toby, don't think about Lachie....GET EXCITED !!!!

Massive Pies fan (the only other real AFL follower in the office) just came up to me and said that if Toby was playing for a Victorian club, no way would he have been done. And this was in the middle of a five minute rant about how stupid Toby was. :D

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Yes but that is probably where Keefe comes in right ?

Keefe coming in makes us bloody tall compared to very tall (its a scientific measure).

TBH I would have preferred a buntine/Sheridan/Langdon. We need tackling pressure to negate their effective transition recently.

Yeah Keefe can help in the ruck but with a wet game expected, the increased tackling and stoppages actually help mummy try combat Grundy.

Conversely, our tall forward line advantage is negated somewhat.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
I find the Greene fiasco completely incomprehensible. Toby's not my favorite opposition player but for the Appeals Board to uphold the original suspension based on the video evidence we all saw smacks of contrived desperation to retrofit a one week ban for far more reprehensible conduct that only drew a fine the previous week. There's no conspiracy against GWS in this. Just sheer stupidity. Anyway, best of luck for Saturday. I honestly believe GWS are more of a threat to Richmond in a GF, assuming we roll Geelong tonight.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I find the Greene fiasco completely incomprehensible. Toby's not my favorite opposition player but for the Appeals Board to uphold the original suspension based on the video evidence we all saw smacks of contrived desperation to retrofit a one week ban for far more reprehensible conduct that only drew a fine the previous week. There's no conspiracy against GWS in this. Just sheer stupidity. Anyway, best of luck for Saturday. I honestly believe GWS are more of a threat to Richmond in a GF, assuming we roll Geelong tonight.
Mate if we somehow get through the oppo better look out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back