Preview First Preliminary Final – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
If I’m the coach I take some risks now.

Greene is out so forget about a fairytale. Bobby Hill is the only replacement there, he is a bit special and may do nothing but may also kick 3. Getting a prelim into him would be super for his development even if we get pumped by 10 goals which appears likely.

Whitfield cannot be replaced. The conservative move would be to bring in an experienced guy like Keeffe but that only makes us slower. Personally I’d go with Langdon if they think he’s fit enough or Hately.

Langdon at least has agility and I think the only way to topple them is to score points as that is the area they struggle in.

I sadly think is now forlorn but let’s go down gun slinging and give Bobby a day on the big stage, some reward for loyalty.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
B: Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Isaac Cumming
HB: Adam Kennedy, Nick Haynes, Zac Williams
C: Matt DeBoer, Jacob Hopper, Josh Kelly
HF: Brent Daniels, Jeremy Finlayson, Daniel Lloyd
F: Zac Langdon, Jeremy Cameron, Harry Himmelberg

Foll: Aidan Corr, Tim Taranto, Harry Perryman

I/C: Sam Taylor, Adam Tomlinson, Sam Reid, Tommy Sheridan.

De Boer goes to Sidebottom, plenty of cover on the bench and options.
No Mumford, No Simpson no worries.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
B: Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Isaac Cumming
HB: Adam Kennedy, Nick Haynes, Zac Williams
C: Matt DeBoer, Jacob Hopper, Josh Kelly
HF: Brent Daniels, Jeremy Finlayson, Daniel Lloyd
F: Zac Langdon, Jeremy Cameron, Harry Himmelberg

Foll: Aidan Corr, Tim Taranto, Harry Perryman

I/C: Sam Taylor, Adam Tomlinson, Sam Reid, Tommy Sheridan.

De Boer goes to Sidebottom, plenty of cover on the bench and options.
No Mumford, No Simpson no worries.
Not a bad team. But I'm not sure Cummings is the right pick for a prelim.

Would be like a deer in the headlights

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Not a bad team. But I'm not sure Cummings is the right pick for a prelim.

Would be like a deer in the headlights

If, as likely, the team gets pumped it's at least worth getting something out of it by getting a final into guys like Isaac. Who knows he might really stand up.

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
Cooked.
Shane Mumford. If we win again this year, it'll happen in spite of Mummy.

Cooked.
Toby Greene.
He will have flown twice to Melbourne in a week before his biggest game. Not ideal.
He has had to stand up to cross examination for 22 minutes of intense scrutiny. (Something most of us would never expect to do in our lives).
He's been booed remorselessly every time he touched the ball at the Gabba, and we've seen the affect continual booing had on Adam Goodes. (30,000 people booing you is another thing that would need great mental strength to ignore. I, as most people would, would melt under that pressure).
He will be expecting to be booed again this week if he plays, but 90,000 boos is 3x louder.
He has had his family and friends exposed to the smack talk back in Melbourne Bitter.

Toby, take the week off, the Gee Dubs can win it for you, and you'll be fresh for the Grannie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Cooked.
Shane Mumford. If we win again this year, it'll happen in spite of Mummy.

Cooked.
Toby Greene.
He will have flown twice to Melbourne in a week before his biggest game. Not ideal.
He has had to stand up to cross examination for 22 minutes of intense scrutiny. (Something most of us would never expect to do in our lives).
He's been booed remorselessly every time he touched the ball at the Gabba, and we've seen the affect continual booing had on Adam Goodes. (30,000 people booing you is another thing that would need great mental strength to ignore. I, as most people would, would melt under that pressure).
He will be expecting to be booed again this week if he plays, but 90,000 boos is 3x louder.
He has had his family and friends exposed to the smack talk back in Melbourne Bitter.

Toby, take the week off, the Gee Dubs can win it for you, and you'll be fresh for the Grannie.
Goodes was being booed for far more sinister reasons.

yes, but the first 3 of those Whitfield was still at the stingrays. hadn't even been drafted yet. hardly "missing"
"Weren't playing" would be a better description.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
"Weren't playing" would be a better description.
we didn't win many between 2012 and 2014 when both Delidio and Daniels were missing either.

you notice anything about each and every single loss we've had in the past 2 years?

that's right - we were missing both Joel Patful and Josh Hunt.

I love Swamp - he comes up with some amazing pearlers but bringing up games we lost when Whitfield wasn't even on the list is a bit silly.

Again, you assume he did it.
In both cases, there was evidence of stupidity, but none of eyegouging.
I’m a little biased but I saw him tuck his arm under Kelly’s to try to get to the ball and hold it in. Trouble was the ball was pushed out before his hooked hand got there. He can’t see that lying on top so he hooks his hand back toward himself thinking he’s going to get the ball held in.
That’s what I see and I know I’m right. It’s just human physiology.
Nowhere have I even mentioned eye gouging.
I have assumed nothing.
The AFL found him guilty of the first charge which in essence was to do with putting hands on the face or head unnecessarily. I have not even argued he had a case to answer in the first instance.
I have pointed out that in light of the first charge and subsequent fine it was stupid to do the same thing again a week later when the entire media was watching every move he made.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Nowhere have I even mentioned eye gouging.
I have assumed nothing.
The AFL found him guilty of the first charge which in essence was to do with putting hands on the face or head unnecessarily. I have not even argued he had a case to answer in the first instance.
I have pointed out that in light of the first charge and subsequent fine it was stupid to do the same thing again a week later when the entire media was watching every move he made.
If we knew the tribunal would be stacked with pies I'm sure things would of been different.

We would of played touch because no matter what happened we would of been pinged by the AFL.

They need their big 2 GF after all.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Interesting
Screenshot_20190918-170519.jpeg

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS

I hope this is right but not confident. They were very careful to charge him with “Unnecessary contact to the eye area”. There is one replay in close where that does occur and he just can’t argue his way out of that.

Do I think this is right? NO Do I think it’s reasonable to get the same penalty compared to Tom Hawkins king hitting a guy? NO. Do I think the contact is unnecessary? YES

The AFL in constructing this the way they did have made it impossible for him to get off.

The only way out is an injunction which he in my opinion he would be granted and would win but with the club funded by the AFL that won’t happen.

I reckon his goose is cooked here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back