Preview First Preliminary Final – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I hope this is right but not confident. They were very careful to charge him with “Unnecessary contact to the eye area”. There is one replay in close where that does occur and he just can’t argue his way out of that.

Do I think this is right? NO Do I think it’s reasonable to get the same penalty compared to Tom Hawkins king hitting a guy? NO. Do I think the contact is unnecessary? YES

The AFL in constructing this the way they did have made it impossible for him to get off.

The only way out is an injunction which he in my opinion he would be granted and would win but with the club funded by the AFL that won’t happen.

I reckon his goose is cooked here.
He can make contact and still get off mate. At the moment it is graded as intentional. If it is downgraded to careless it’s just a fine

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Did you like Zorko’s spear tackle on Toby?

Reckon if that was the other way around Tobes would have gotten 2 weeks.

It wasn’t a spear tackle - just a really good one. We have to stop making false equivalences and seeing stuff that’s not there (that’s what the vics do so well)

What I want to know, though, is why Kenner’s got called up on touching Charlie Cameron’s arm while Robertson was allowed to continually punch Whitfield in his obviously injured back?

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Don’t see how the Giants can win missing so many stars.

Last week was gutsy but overall Brisbane were the better team and wasted an opportunity.

This week GWS down two more stars and better opposition.

Coniglio
Ward
Greene
Whitfield

Seems to end up this way so often in the last few years, missing stars for key finals.

I reckon it will be a tough battle but do not see GWS having enough consistent quality to get close.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
It wasn’t a spear tackle - just a really good one. We have to stop making false equivalences and seeing stuff that’s not there (that’s what the vics do so well)

What I want to know, though, is why Kenner’s got called up on touching Charlie Cameron’s arm while Robertson was allowed to continually punch Whitfield in his obviously injured back?

Lifted Tobes up below the waist and tipped him into the ground. Thought it would have been a free kick at least.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Last edited:

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Alternatively, we'll come first or second when we beat these Victorian f***ers unexpectedly!
If that happens; drinks in the city the following Saturday when I’m up in town. I’ll throw the Platinum Amex behind the bar and the shout the lot.

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
We do have a couple of advantages.

First, no-one expects us to win. The burden of expectations is now squarely on Collingwood.

Second, we still have plenty of scoring power, and the back-line is quite intact. And whoever replaces Whitfield and probably Toby will be relatively fit and fresh.

We've had a rough couple of days. We won't allow ourselves to be disgraced on Saturday.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens

Two things irked me about this, Ichabod.

One, the slamming from Robertson into Whitfield's back was in front of an Umpire (I think) but the vision I saw cut as someone approached, as Whitefield bends forward in pain. That should've been MRO right? THANKS MICHAEL CHRISTIANSEN (ex-Collingwood captain).

Two, just how badly injured is Charlie Cameron, when he's come back on, and is pounding his chest and high fiving with the injured hand/arm? Also, he has come back on, that means he's right to play. Does this mean that any player with a strapped shoulder can no longer be touched?

Just embarassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Very glad someone mentioned this. Conveniently overlooked by the media agenda setters.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Yes, as in, these guys will want actual evidence, not ... 'well um, ignore the evidence, ignore the victim's testimony, it's Toby Greene so just suspend him!'
Unfortunately, that new clip was a bit more damning. I was focused on his right hand and arm, and thought it was an attempt to hold the ball in , but the ball was gone before his hand got there.
It's his left hand that is the worry.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Ok to focus on the game itself here.... how do we stop collingwood defense? It is the form defense in the league. It has intercept marking, run and carry and stopping power

Their last 4 matches conceded 51, 65, 48 and 53 points respectively. That’s an impressive achievement. Certainly a very different set up to what we dominated at spotless. For me the key player is D Moore. Maybe someone like HH goes to him in a defensive role?

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Anyone know what happens if you are priority one but missed the window and now have priority 3 ?

There will surely be enough for all giants members whatever priority right ?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
No mate you’re screwed....

Just joking mate you should be fine. If not it looks like I’ll have a spare adult ticket so you can sit your skinny ass next to mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back