Preview First Preliminary Final – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some footage to help in your appeal

Yeah, well this vision suggests there is a way on god's earth Toby gets suspended.

I suppose if Toby wants to appeal he should check for doctored tampering of the tape and other supporting evidence. Need to argue its someone else's hand in the vision at the point of contention

Was Toby played in the last 48 hours or so?? First time I have seen that vision and as they say in the classics, a picture says a thousand words, although its interesting this was not displayed greatly before the tribunal if available.

Very interesting the line of attack if this vision was known beforehand although I suspect it may have been used as a trump card

Last edited:
I know your hurting but blaming Collingwood is just plain dumb.

Greene's actions in light of last weeks (yes just 7 days ago), eye gouge or not, were only marginally less idiotic than Willie Rioli's.
Rioli is facing 4 years.
Any sensible human, including your coach, in private, would be questioning Greene's ability to control himself on field.

Again, you assume he did it.
In both cases, there was evidence of stupidity, but none of eyegouging.
I’m a little biased but I saw him tuck his arm under Kelly’s to try to get to the ball and hold it in. Trouble was the ball was pushed out before his hooked hand got there. He can’t see that lying on top so he hooks his hand back toward himself thinking he’s going to get the ball held in.
That’s what I see and I know I’m right. It’s just human physiology.

i am happy for any gws player to beat the charge but not this thug give me a break 18 reports says sorry to The Bont and he is at the next week.
18 reports just for being Toby Green. How many convictions?
Bont hasn’t got any convictions, right? He’s a good bloke, he just accidentally broke a larynx after the ball had gone.
Left him free of controversy to get the all Australian and mvp.
Gary Ablett (3 elbows before he got done), Cunnington (he’s struck 18 people this year, just some not hard enough. Btw, 4 of them were GWS players), hmmm, great players and ohh, hard at it. No convictions mounting up though, eh.
Just, “we’re keeping an eye on you” for Toby just piling on the pressure, waiting for him to do anything.
There’s a clip of Hipwood on YouTube kicking Myer’s face in the Tippa scores 7 goals video. That is a kick to the face. Tobe fended. I know a kick when I see it.
Caleb Daniels, reaching around someone from behind and punching them in the face just insults my intelligence. It’s just bs. It’s just a vendetta.
The club has asked the umpires to come explain why Mumford keeps getting pinged in the ruck. I’d love to hear that. I hope they show other examples of other ruckman getting away with the same thing. Like Martin in the same game, same day, doing the same thing to Thomson.
Just the Giants vendetta.
Wow, long rant.

I’m calling on all Giants to black tape over the AFL logo on their guernseys, etc. as a protest.

Take a deep breath Giants & relax..if Tobe's appeal fails..there's a gold plated solution.. Bobby Hill He absolutely starred in his debut against Richmond several weeks ago at the 'G booting 3 goals...He's the type of player capable of doing something amazing..

and what about the audacity of Jack Riewoldt mouthing off on AFL 360 tonight about Greene...What about his mate Trent Cotchin who got off for belting Dylan Shiel absolutely senseless in the 2017 prelim..by crikey if the Giants win & face Richmond in a grand final it would be the sweetest of paybacks to win the flag

Heres the problem.

Its not just about the Giants.

The integrity of the game is under question because of AFL HQ bringing themselves into disrepute.

The trouble is any player can be ostracised for a game or more for some of the most minute infraction that they can create. Its a slippery slope. The players are treated like pawns!!!

The clubs are also getting played.

If this stands whoever wins the premiership in 2019 the victory will be tainted because of this tribunal result unless its GWS if they decide to win regardless.

I think its an incredible shocking result to the extent those on the judiciary panel have no credibility and I do not know how they can look and another players and ex-players face now!!!

Apart from that is fair for GWS to feel they are playing with one leg tied behind their back. It appears AFL HQ what you in to get more revenue including corporate revenue but only as a feeder club at the moment, you are not allowed to win anything substantial and you are being repressed to play a role that serves AFL HQ not as a competitive club within the league!!

I have no issue with GWS feeling compelled to forfeit the next match as a sign of unity with Toby. The trouble is, with possible corruption in the past involving players going to other clubs those present even though not involved become witnesses and therefore liabilities so they become in the gun from the supreme power AFL HQ no matter what the performance. Because of the power imbalance some may be fighting a losing battle and might need a escape pod. This adversely affects GWS fans as well as players because in your fight you have an extra weight on your shoulder and eventually the burden can become to great. So sometimes a stand needs to be made and choosing a escape pod, if necessary, becomes critical depending on the situation!!

The fact "there is no way on god's earth" comment is accurate and resonates with others means one thing. Externally. outside of the GWS Giants, something is rotten within one or more external stakeholders within the league fabric. No matter who and how many there are, even if it gets overturned, due process was done, so regardless of the appeal and other avenues in stands evident something is very rotten somewhere within this league!!!!
The integrity of the game was put in question last week when Greene was let off for basically grabbing a defenceless player by the hair and lifting and then banging his head into the ground. If the Bont was knocked out cold (which had a good chance of happening) he would have copped 4 weeks. Greene should have not played against the Lions. The incident was serious enough to go straight to the tribunal. The AFL manufactured the result to have him not suspended because the AFL want GWS to succeed. How unusual was it for the AFL rep to come out on the front foot and say they are happy for a large fine?!

Now, I agree this incident wasn’t on the same scale as the previous week and in isolation it wouldn’t warrant more than a fine. However, while everyone will argue it should have been viewed in isolation, again that’s not the AFL way. The AFL were made to look like fools in slapping him on the wrist previously and the following week he is involved again on unnecessary conduct on a defenceless player in the facial region.
The afl stuffed up on the first incident. He should have been rubbed out and not played against the Lions (which was probably the difference between winning and losing). Greene, has himself to blame. I love him as a footballer and would have preferred to see him go head to head again with Maynard.
But seriously, he is pretty dumb to not lay low. And by the way, apart from that scumbag Brendan Lade who got A Rocca suspended for the 2003 GF, it’s well known that players have a ‘code’ to help each other off at the tribunal.

And Hawkins should have copped at least 3 weeks for the behind the play weak incident.

]]

Its a real us against them mentality.

Toby had a fair justified case.

The kick in the teeth by the Tribunal is a kick in the teeth to every GWS stakeholder and every player of any other club as well.

I am certain I have seen an incredible transparent abuse of power tonight!!!
What about last week? You didn’t think it was odd that the AFL went in asking for no suspension and just a fine when he literally grabbed a defenceless player by the hair and banged his head into the turf? If it was a tackle and is head hit the turf you get suspended. When you do it on purpose you get a fine?

What about last week? You didn’t think it was odd that the AFL went in asking for no suspension and just a fine when he literally grabbed a defenceless player by the hair and banged his head into the turf? If it was a tackle and is head hit the turf you get suspended. When you do it on purpose you get a fine?
[/QUOT

Last week there was not enough evidence.

Actually this week there was not enough evidence either except for the blown up vision that seemed to be released to the general public late after the tribunal decision

The integrity of the game was put in question last week when Greene was let off for basically grabbing a defenceless player by the hair and lifting and then banging his head into the ground. If the Bont was knocked out cold (which had a good chance of happening) he would have copped 4 weeks. Greene should have not played against the Lions. The incident was serious enough to go straight to the tribunal. The AFL manufactured the result to have him not suspended because the AFL want GWS to succeed. How unusual was it for the AFL rep to come out on the front foot and say they are happy for a large fine?!

Now, I agree this incident wasn’t on the same scale as the previous week and in isolation it wouldn’t warrant more than a fine. However, while everyone will argue it should have been viewed in isolation, again that’s not the AFL way. The AFL were made to look like fools in slapping him on the wrist previously and the following week he is involved again on unnecessary conduct on a defenceless player in the facial region.
The afl stuffed up on the first incident. He should have been rubbed out and not played against the Lions (which was probably the difference between winning and losing). Greene, has himself to blame. I love him as a footballer and would have preferred to see him go head to head again with Maynard.
But seriously, he is pretty dumb to not lay low. And by the way, apart from that scumbag Brendan Lade who got A Rocca suspended for the 2003 GF, it’s well known that players have a ‘code’ to help each other off at the tribunal.

And Hawkins should have copped at least 3 weeks for the behind the play weak incident.

Disagree, there was not enough to get Greene last week. A lot of it was circumstantial with nothing clear cut

There was not enough evidence last week? Looked very clear. Greene showed remorse, said sorry and the AFL recommended a significant fine and did not want a suspension. The AFL got on the front foot with this. Lions should have been rightfully pissed with that result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was not enough evidence last week? Looked very clear. Greene showed remorse, said sorry and the AFL recommended a significant fine and did not want a suspension. The AFL got on the front foot with this. Lions should have been rightfully pi**ed with that result.

Nope not enough evidence, Greene can say what he likes when there is no penalty.

Maybe that was a shot across the bow warning for Toby he did not take last week and the coach maybe did not warn him enough behind closed doors.

I posted on the GWS forum between games last week, not knowing nothing about intimate detail of what may have transpired, is you can be tough, brutal and ruthless but the nasty stuff is unnecessary and Toby seemed to ignore that not that he would acknowledge my post. Its about method and intent and safety and goodwill in the contest amongst the players as well as respect for the opposition through strong admirable play.

The trouble with this nasty stuff for Toby now clear from the blown up vision is it links back to his wild kicks when trying to win the ball with studs up as well as other indiscretions suggested they were not as accidental as one might have thought and he may have been conscientious of the safety risks of his actions against other players and carried on regardless

Last edited:
There was no rioting in Smith Street, when Carmen, Cloke and Rocca copped preliminary final suspensions. Carmen actually missed two grand finals due to his indiscretion. It's the mob up your way who have had two players guilty of punching an opponent off the ball (and caught on video) who still played in grand finals. As for the Melbourne football landscape-everyone bar Collingwood fans want him to play! We lost a grand final due to a shocking non-decision last year and there were no riots.

Some would argue that your boys get special treatment because the AFL is desperate to see you succeed. What will you say if Toby gets off tonight? I clearly saw his fingers rake over Neale's right eye and that is the eye he was clutching when the pack cleared. I don't care if he plays or not, but justice should be done. Why did he climb into the pack and reach inside and search for his face? Does he have a face fetish? It is not normal behavior.

Your imagination has gotten the better of you.
Explain our green kick differential over the last three years and then come at me with that “special concessions” gobshite.

This whole Greene situation just stinks of we didn’t get you last week but we are caving to pressure to get you this week.

Interestingly there were a lot of media personalities that came to Toby’s defense on both occasions and will do so again today

Shocking decision- past indiscretions shouldn’t come into it.

The afl wants the tribunal to run like a court of law but has fallen over this week. Neale literally said it didn’t happen and the victims vidence was disregarded for the prosecutors narrative! Unbelievable

Really? Bont breaks someone's throat gets off, then back slams lids and gives him a facial and your complaining that Greene did the same thing back?

May want to check the free kicks as well.

That's the thing with you whiney bitches is you have no evidence to back it up

This whole Greene situation just stinks of we didn’t get you last week but we are caving to pressure to get you this week.

Interestingly there were a lot of media personalities that came to Toby’s defense on both occasions and will do so again today

Shocking decision- past indiscretions shouldn’t come into it.

The afl wants the tribunal to run like a court of law but has fallen over this week. Neale literally said it didn’t happen and the victims vidence was disregarded for the prosecutors narrative! Unbelievable
It fell over last week.

Really? Bont breaks someone's throat gets off, then back slams lids and gives him a facial and your complaining that Greene did the same thing back?

Mate you are the ‘whiney bitch’. You’re being hysterical. I agree Bont should have copped a suspension. Could argue he primary purpose was to push and it was clumsy. Greene on the other hand specifically went for the face/head of both Bont and Neale. Bont was clear cut.
Also Hawkins should have copped more than 1 week for the behind the play incident.

Mate you are the ‘whiney bitch’. You’re being hysterical. I agree Bont should have copped a suspension. Could argue he primary purpose was to push and it was clumsy. Greene on the other hand specifically went for the face/head of both Bont and Neale. Bont was clear cut.
Also Hawkins should have copped more than 1 week for the behind the play incident.
You're not making any sense. Go away.

Absolute garbage.

If you want to be full of s**t do it on your own board.

100% GG Brilliant, well said...

The matter boils down to: What did Toby actually do?

His actions were to reach over to attempt to keep the ball trapped to Neale. It's obvious and his (protracted and consistent) testimony reflects that.
As he retracted his hand his fingers slightly curled in, which is what happens when you relax your hand muscles.
It happened to occur as he pulled his arm away. This all happened in 2 seconds.

Zero contact with the face. Zero injury.
The sore nose was clearly from the impact of the tackle and being jumped on by 3 players.
Careless - perhaps - but players get unintentional slaps in the face in many contests in a game.
Nothing to see here, move on.

This is a stupid, clumsy and obvious attempt by the MRO/Tribunal to get back at him. They look to have 'won'.
If they want this to be the standard, then anyone who actually makes contact and gives an accidental eye poke is going to get weeks.

Last edited:
It was really interesting listening to Eddie Mcguire on Triple M yesterday, he honestly sounded guilty.

There is no doubt there has been substantial pressure placed on the AFL to come up with this outcome.

As Danny said there is a feeling that they were humiliated after last week and Toby was very naive to even give the chance for this to happen.

With GWS being AFL owned we are now in a completely screwed up situation. If we go to Appeal it’s effectively to another group of muppets so we will get the same outcome.

If we went the injunction route we would definitely win as the victim statement would eliminate any case but as an AFL owned club how does that even happen?

It would need to be privately funded and who is going to do that and what pressure would they get from City Hall? Time to step up Shep!

Honestly though this appears really untenable and I think we are probably stuffed.

They will get their precious box office GF and continue to manipulate outcomes from Board Rooms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back